Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mycard.jpg

I can't get over how much more I enjoyed this the 2nd time.. And I really enjoyed it the first. Next year can't come fast enough!!!

I don't know if I can rank it above TWS or the original Avengers yet but if part two nails it and gives us a great payoff then Yes. IW1 and IW2 will probably be 1 and 2 on my Marvel list. Hell I could see both of them breaking into my top 20 of all time :)

After a few days of careful consideration, I think IW would be slightly above the middle on my list of best to worst in the MCU. Granted, I've still only seen it once and this is all opinionated:

A1
Thor 1
TWS
TFA
IM1
GotG1
BP
IW
Thor 3
SMHC
TDW
DS
IM3
TIH
GotG2
AoU
CW
IM2
AM

Well, so I just saw this with my kids!
I liked it a lot!
It does jump around quite a bit from one character/storyline to the other, but it was extremely well-handled with the massive cast they had to handle. The movie works because of all the prior work that has gone into building the characters, as a stand-alone movie it would suffer from juggling so many different characters, as beyond Tony Star and Thanos each only gets precious few moments. But, again, thanks to all the movies that have come before, it works quite well. It made me realize that you really have to look at the entire MCU as a series, kinda like Star Trek, where the relationships between the characters work not because of any one single episode or movie, but because of all the episodes and movies that have built up the characters and relationships.
I was very happy to see a less "funny" Thor, which helped me enjoy the movie a lot more, as so much of the gravitas rests on his shoulders.
Thanos was brilliant, I don't have much more to say about that. Simply brilliant. Finally a decent villain other than Loki.
All in all, I think the enitre build up to this worked wonderfully well.
I'm looking forward to seeing how they bring every one back.

I’m gonna give it a shot...

1. Iron Man
2. The Avengers
3. Thor Ragnarok
4: Infinity War
5: Winter Soldier
6: Guardians of the Galaxy
7: Spider-Man Homecoming
8: Captain America Civil War
9: Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
10: Ant-Man
11: Black Panther
12: Doctor Strange
13: Thor
14: Iron Man 3
15: Captain America The First Avenger
16: Age of Ultron
17: Iron Man 2
18: Thor The Dark World
19: The Incredible Hulk

Changes depending on my mood :lol

This is pretty funny, there's real chemistry here, nobody in DC managed to create these sparks, and this is in every single interview, I very much doubt this is rehearsed or acted, but I could be wrong.

In addition, Conan is the only current host I can stomach, everyone else is a soyboy bore, and Kimmel I would punch in the mouth if given the chance.

After a few days of careful consideration, I think IW would be slightly above the middle on my list of best to worst in the MCU. Granted, I've still only seen it once and this is all opinionated:

A1
Thor 1
TWS
TFA
IM1
GotG1
BP
IW
Thor 3
SMHC
TDW
DS
IM3
TIH
GotG2
AoU
CW
IM2
AM

Wow Thor 1 at the two spot..

My dirty secret.. I like Thor 2 the best of the Thor movies. :)

I’m gonna give it a shot...

1. Iron Man
2. The Avengers
3. Thor Ragnarok
4: Infinity War
5: Winter Soldier
6: Guardians of the Galaxy
7: Spider-Man Homecoming
8: Captain America Civil War
9: Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
10: Ant-Man
11: Black Panther
12: Doctor Strange
13: Thor
14: Iron Man 3
15: Captain America The First Avenger
16: Age of Ultron
17: Iron Man 2
18: Thor The Dark World
19: The Incredible Hulk

Changes depending on my mood :lol

We have a very different list, You and Me :)

As stated above.. Thor 2 is my fav Thor film.. My Thor 3 ranking has moved up after repeat viewing. Ant Man is one of my Favs :)

Have to revisit Dr. Strange again.. Only saw it once. Perhaps I will like it more after watching IW.

And I freaking Hate Age of Ulton.

1. The Winter Soldier
2. The Avengers
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. Iron Man
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. GotG
8. Ant Man
9. GOTG 2
10. Thor 2
11. Thor
12. The First Avenger
13. Black Panter
14. Spider-man Homecoming
15. Thor Ragnarok
16. Iron Man 2
17. Dr. Strange
18. Iron Man 3
19. Age of Ultron

Ewww.... you put Civil War up there where GotG should be.

TOP 5 (in no particular order):

The Winter Soldier
The Avengers
Infinity War
GotG
Iron Man

The rest don't matter. (although I do enjoy Thor 1 and Ant-Man)

Wow Thor 1 at the two spot..

My dirty secret.. I like Thor 2 the best of the Thor movies. :)

For me the main redeeming factor of Thor 1 is Thor vs. Loki at the end. First time I saw it I loved the musical score and the visuals of Asgard, but was bummed when we got to Earth where all Thor did was flirt with Natalie Portman. Half way through I was like "OK, this isn't horrible but only the final battle can save this for me" - and sure enough, it did. Without that, it would be lower on my list.

Have to revisit Dr. Strange again.. Only saw it once. Perhaps I will like it more after watching IW.

Nah I think your initial judgement is accurate. I've only seen it once as well but from what I remember, it's a pretty bland and forgettable film despite the pretty visuals. Even Cumberbatch seemed a bit wooden at times.

This is pretty funny, there's real chemistry here, nobody in DC managed to create these sparks, and this is in every single interview, I very much doubt this is rehearsed or acted, but I could be wrong.

In addition, Conan is the only current host I can stomach, everyone else is a soyboy bore, and Kimmel I would punch in the mouth if given the chance.

I thought the JL cast had good chemistry too.

My list in no order.

* I haven't seen Black Panther :chase

Favorites

Avengers
Civil War
Infinity War
GOTG
Iron Man
Home Coming
Dr Strange

Like or just ok

The Winter Soldier
Cap: First Avenger
Thor
Ant Man
AOU
Thor 3
GOTG2

Don't like

IM 2
IM 3
Thor 2
Incredible Hulk (If they were to go back and update the Hulk design, I my put it in the like group)

Back