Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it yesterday. Overall great but not nearly as good a movie as IW.
The plot in this felt forced. A greatest hits flashback. It was basically Back to the future 2, hence the constant joking about the inconsistency of BTTF timetravel.
Plot:weak - everything else:great.
The greatest hits and the fan service towards the end. I really just wanted the core characters to since no need for the rest but you have to pass on the torch so shove them in.

I some ways I am glad we are not getting a justice league sequel they might have felt the need to do they same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree and felt the same.

But of the 2 (IW & EG), I still prefer IW to EG. But both are amazing movies, most likely never to be repeated again with an 11 year 22 movie cinematic journey. Just mind boggling...

:google

I agree. I liked IW slightly more than EG. If Thor's character was taken a bit more seriously in EG I would've probably liked both movies equally. However, Thor is a the character I think was most inconsistently portrayed in the MCU. Out of all the appearances Thor made in the MCU, I only feel like they got him right in IW. I have a similar problem with the HULK. Thought they only got him right in the very 1st Avengers movie.

I agree. I liked IW slightly more than EG. If Thor's character was taken a bit more seriously in EG I would've probably liked both movies equally. However, Thor is a the character I think was most inconsistently portrayed in the MCU. Out of all the appearances Thor made in the MCU, I only feel like they got him right in IW. I have a similar problem with the HULK. Thought they only got him right in the very 1st Avengers movie.

I do agree but one of the issues they have is that thor and hulk should be so powerful, but their stories and character have to evolve and also not be so powerful that they just beat everyone. So they have to demonstrate and represent some of the power they show in the comics, but they can't just win every battle on their own, especially if it's not their film. That mixed with multiple directors and planning for films that haven't happened yet means there might be some inconsistency. I like the different takes on thor personally as (being a batman fan) I appreciate the multiple different interpretations of his character in comics and films

30CA76F1-052B-4623-913F-F66FA9842CCD.jpeg

Has anyone seen this toy. It seems to recreate the original scene from the end of Infinity War with the Hulk. It makes me think that having Banner not change into the Hulk at the end must have been a fairly last minute change.

View attachment 452621

Has anyone seen this toy. It seems to recreate the original scene from the end of Infinity War with the Hulk. It makes me think that having Banner not change into the Hulk at the end must have been a fairly last minute change.

There’s a pop funko one to. Kinda sad how the hulk went from a badass in 08 to some tame big green ape who ran scared as soon as he got beat. 08 hulk would of been harder to put down

When you think about it though if he burst out of the armor in IW then he would have just been ***** slapped all over again by Thanos wearing the full gauntlet when all the heroes made a last ditch run at him. Two beat downs as Hulk in the same film would have been a little much, lol.

Or you could say that he burst out in rage at Thanos dusting everyone then disappearing. But that would have been weird with him doing it after the fact when the damage was done and battle was over.

When you think about it though if he burst out of the armor in IW then he would have just been ***** slapped all over again by Thanos wearing the full gauntlet when all the heroes made a last ditch run at him. Two beat downs as Hulk in the same film would have been a little much, lol.

Or you could say that he burst out in rage at Thanos dusting everyone then disappearing. But that would have been weird with him doing it after the fact when the damage was done and battle was over.

Yeah, I kind of feel like neither option would have been perfect. I wasn’t crazy about him becoming Professor Hulk offscreen, but I can also see the Russo’s point about showing it at the end of Infinity War not really fitting the tone of that ending, as well. Either way, it’s kind of neat that a deleted scene made it to the toy stage. Apparently a couple different toys.

View attachment 452621

Yes there was an interview with the directors who say they decided against Hulk bursting out in IW.

Fair enough reducing his role in Infinity War but I haven't heard a good reason why OG Hulk should not have been involved in the final battle against Thanos himself alongside Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

He was busy holding up and preventing the rubble from collapsing onto Rhodes and Rocket? :dunno

Undeniably, both IW and EG are greatly entertaining films, however I found EG to have much more humor than IW. I felt IW had just the right amount of humor throughout the film given the severity of the stakes.

Back