Avengers: Infinity War - (warning: Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Part 1 & Part 2 - (May 4, 2018 & May 3, 2019)

Well, that's lovely.:horror

I just want to see the personification of death in the MCU. If she ain't in IW, I won't see it.

Thanos: Rising was damn great IMHO.

I think it's a little early to hope for an MCU/Hopeman crossover.

giphy.gif

Damn! I wonder if they'll show some Thanos backgrownd in the MCU.

Well, they did say that they will explore Thanos' character, and with Infinity War/Avengers 3 being two radically different movies, I think Part 1 could very well be a Thanos movie, in a way.

Oh yeah, I don't expect anything else other than a boss fight, and I don't mind, it's the estructure of almost every single CBM:

-action-y opening
-Mid-movie fight/conflict, on which heroes usually lose.
-Big boss fight.

I just hope the characterization is juicy.

If they do something else then it could be a pleasant surprise, but it's comics, most of these big events have to end with a big all out physical confrontation.

Eh, depends. Infinity Gauntlet ended with Thanos becoming a farmer and finding peace, so there are ways to end this without resorting to "pew! pew! booooom" action sequences.

Just give me Cap shouting the classic rallying cry, something including the theme from Avengers and a charge like this:

380e66fff9b9af85df3a642809b431dc.jpg

...and I'll die happy.

Oh yeah, I don't expect anything else other than a boss fight, and I don't mind, it's the estructure of almost every single CBM:

-action-y opening
-Mid-movie fight/conflict, on which heroes usually lose.
-Big boss fight.

I just hope the characterization is juicy.

If they do something else then it could be a pleasant surprise, but it's comics, most of these big events have to end with a big all out physical confrontation.

Do you think Thanos will get all the stones? If he does, and he has this all powerful weapon, then what? He can snap his fingers and reinvent or disappear the whole universe just to make death happy, assuming the entity of death is part of this Thanos' history and motivation. I do think they should have some kind of pre IG boss battle just to make the kiddies happy, but then do something different once Thanos has the IG that doesn't involve the heroes having some kind of ridiculous plan to somehow distract or take away the gauntlet from the mad titan. That's one thing I hated about GOTG, they completely undermined the power of the infinity stone in the way Ronan was defeated. My guess is that the IG will be nerfed, thus making it possible for the heroes to physically fight Thanos.

Eh, depends. Infinity Gauntlet ended with Thanos becoming a farmer and finding peace, so there are ways to end this without resorting to "pew! pew! booooom" action sequences.

Can you imagine if after 22 movies Thanos finally gets the IG and he's like, "Meh..I want to be a farmer." Roll credits...:lol

Do you think Thanos will get all the stones? If he does, and he has this all powerful weapon, then what? He can snap his fingers and reinvent or disappear the whole universe just to make death happy, assuming the entity of death is part of this Thanos' history and motivation. I do think they should have some kind of pre IG boss battle just to make the kiddies happy, but then do something different once Thanos has the IG that doesn't involve the heroes having some kind of ridiculous plan to somehow distract or take away the gauntlet from the mad titan. That's one thing I hated about GOTG, they completely undermined the power of the infinity stone in the way Ronan was defeated. My guess is that the IG will be nerfed, thus making it possible for the heroes to physically fight Thanos.
He will, in the end, whether he will be able to use them to his end game, I doubt it.

I agree on the pre boss battle, just to satiate the need for action, then they could end it like IG like Darthkostis says. And it would be a nice change of pace.

I hope they don't nerf the IG, but who knows, chances are they will.

Btw on the floating chair, it cracks me up that even the elbow rests have tiny propellers :lol

Cap will use his letter writing skills to persuade Thanos into giving up the IG. They fix the universe. Tony's mom and dad are alive and so is Peggy and she's young and hot again and everybody eats a good meal at the shawarma restaurant.
THE END

Cap will use his letter writing skills to persuade Thanos into giving up the IG. They fix the universe. Tony's mom and dad are alive and so is Peggy and she's young and hot again and everybody eats a good meal at the shawarma restaurant.
THE END

That's actually not a bad idea, except fro the latter part. :lol Some kind of philosophical discussion a la Ultron and Vision or Joker and Batman to somehow persuade Thanos from ending life would be more interesting than "pew! pew! booooom" Down goes Thanos!

THE END

So Uncle Ben is the only one that stays dead?

Well, even in the book they kinda physically fought Thanos, but he was already tougher than them at a base level. The Almighty Pimp Slap is one of Thanos' greatest weapons:

xuFqQsy.jpg

4181595-dpp7y4e.jpg

416267-inbetweener-thanos.jpg

0FhNDRU.jpg

z0eha1h.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Either way, Thanos always gets defeated, because deep down, it's not about the item, it's about the journey. As soon as he obtains that which he seeks, it all becomes meaningless. Thus, everytime he's challenged for it, he subconsciously "gives up" and moves on to the next big thing. That also depends on how horny he is as well...

Can you imagine if after 22 movies Thanos finally gets the IG and he's like, "Meh..I want to be a farmer." Roll credits...:lol

That ain't so far from the truth...

IMO, "hero" Thanos is more interesting than villain Thanos. It's why Thanos is more interesting than Darkseid as a character, but an inferior villain. Starlin's Thanos solo, Infinity Trilogy and Infinity Watch were great, mainly because Thanos wasn't a vile villain most of the time.

He will, in the end, whether he will be able to use them to his end game, I doubt it.

I agree on the pre boss battle, just to satiate the need for action, then they could end it like IG like Darthkostis says. And it would be a nice change of pace.

I hope they don't nerf the IG, but who knows, chances are they will.

Btw on the floating chair, it cracks me up that even the elbow rests have tiny propellers :lol

Surely it will be nerfed, but I wouldn't expect it to just be a gauntlet that shoots beams, it'll be a legit reality manipulation device. Either way, we'll see...

That's actually not a bad idea, except fro the latter part. :lol Some kind of philosophical discussion a la Ultron and Vision or Joker and Batman to somehow persuade Thanos from ending life would be more interesting than "pew! pew! booooom" Down goes Thanos!

Nah, Thanos is not one for philosophical debates with the Earthlings. Adam Warlock is the only one who has that "advantage", plus Gamora, but that's only because one is his only friend, and the other is his daughter. In no way should Thanos be persuaded by Captain America or Iron Man to leave the Gauntlet. It should be out of his own "free will".

Eh, it's subjective. Darkseid is a better villain, but IMO at least, not a better character. He's not as layered and complex. Again, IMO.

Nah man, you should've used the gif where Thanos just sits back and smiles or the one from Avengers. :lol

If you ask me though, they're basically the same thing, the difference is that one of them has a switch on the back of his head that says "lose".

Eh, it's subjective. Darkseid is a better villain, but IMO at least, not a better character. He's not as layered and complex. Again, IMO.

Nah man, you should've used the gif where Thanos just sits back and smiles or the one from Avengers. :lol

If you ask me though, they're basically the same thing, the difference is that one of them has a switch on the back of his head that says "lose".

Thanos is not one for violent debates anymore, he has found...peace...

IMG_8145.png

Most anticlimactic nerd battle ever... I should report both of you :lol

Eh, not really. Darkseid's motivation is the complete absence of free will. Thanos' changes very often. In the early days, it was a nihilistic POV, then it was knowledge, then it was the embrace of death, then it was madness, he's a layered character when written correctly.

Eh, not really. Darkseid's motivation is the complete absence of free will. Thanos' changes very often. In the early days, it was a nihilistic POV, then it was knowledge, then it was the embrace of death, then it was madness, he's a layered character when written correctly.
Eh, those first three are Darkseid combined :lol

Darkseid is also very layered when written correctly, he's a pretty game of throny character, unfortunately, it hasn't happened in a couple decades :lol Well, here and there, we got glimpses in Darkseid War at the beginning, until he became another boss battle, AGAIN.

Darkseid is also very layered when written correctly, he's a pretty game of throny character, unfortunately, it hasn't happened in a couple decades :lol Well, here and there, we got glimpses in Darkseid War at the beginning, until he became another boss battle, AGAIN.

Uxas is a very good character as well, definitely one of my fave villains, and he does have the cooler look, but he's a tad less interesting, because he does get turned into a BOSS BAAAATLEEEE very often. Wheareas, Thanos' creator Starlin is still around, and he takes very good care of the character, so for every bad story, we get one or two very good ones. Just recently he penned three Thanos (and Adam Warlock) OGNs.

Yes...yes, passive aggression is goooood.

Uxas is a very good character as well, definitely one of my fave villains, and he does have the cooler look, but he's a tad less interesting, because he does get turned into a BOSS BAAAATLEEEE very often. Wheareas, Thanos' creator Starlin is still around, and he takes very good care of the character, so for every bad story, we get one or two very good ones. Just recently he penned three Thanos (and Adam Warlock) OGNs.
I like both looks equally, both classic Thanos and Darkseid are too damn good, modern times I think Thanos has gotten better designs, I do like a couple of Darkseid's modern designs.

You're right about that boss battle, happens waaaay too often.

Back