Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

But my point is.. If he goes back she never marries her original husband and has her kids.. Evil Cap.

Or its two different realities and Cap should never have been there at the end of the film..

Or he was able to have both realities meet at the end of the film and he still ruins Peggys marriage and kids in another reality.. Evil Cap again :lol

The article explained all that. You didn't read it. :nono

I guess one clean solution is to assume that Peggy's husband died early of natural causes (which Cap would have known) so when he went back he reunited with her as a widow and adopted her kids.

But my point is.. If he goes back she never marries her original husband and has her kids.. Evil Cap.

Or its two different realities and Cap should never have been there at the end of the film..

Or he was able to have both realities meet at the end of the film and he still ruins Peggys marriage and kids in another reality.. Evil Cap again :lol

Unless he was the unnamed husband the whole time. Which considering the alternative you brought up, im going with.

Yes, but while he lives the rest of his life in the past, there's a frozen Cap too, right?
Yea, I guess so. But they are still the same person, just at different points in their life. Just like how Marty McFly can see his older self in 2015.

I guess one clean solution is to assume that Peggy's husband died early of natural causes (which Cap would have known) so when he went back he reunited with her as a widow and adopted her kids.

Dude, you are overthinking it. :lol

Not to mention if he raises her kids, then he would be making out with his niece in Civil War.

And honestly, the more that I think about it; the more I don't really like that Steve did that. Yea, I guess he deserved to be happy; but it still means that for all intents and purposes their friends had to see two friends suddenly die on the same day. So kind of kicking everyone when they are down. Plus considering that a lot of both Steve and Peggy's arc's were about getting over one another and moving on, they had to backtrack a lot.

Plus it also means that Steve totally made out with his grand-niece.

Dude, you are overthinking it. :lol

Not to mention if he raises her kids, then he would be making out with his niece in Civil War.

Did your precious article explain how there could be an alternate timeline Cap that appeared back in the first timeline as an old man? Hmm, HMMM? :) So that means he got together with the same Peggy who had been married in her youth. Either to Steve himself or another man that could have died before Steve.

As for making out with his niece well is that any worse than Luke Skywalker or Marty McFly, lol.

And honestly, the more that I think about it; the more I don't really like that Steve did that. Yea, I guess he deserved to be happy; but it still means that for all intents and purposes their friends had to see two friends suddenly die on the same day. So kind of kicking everyone when they are down. Plus considering that a lot of both Steve and Peggy's arc's were about getting over one another and moving on, they had to backtrack a lot.

Plus it also means that Steve totally made out with his grand-niece.

Well all of Steve's best friends in 2023 were either dead (Stark and BW) or there to meet him when he returned (Bucky and Sam.) And the latter two seemed to be okay with his decision.

Well all of Steve's best friends in 2023 were either dead (Stark and BW) or there to meet him when he returned (Bucky and Sam.) And the latter two seemed to be okay with his decision.
Im sure he meant a lot to Rhodey, Banner, Hawkeye, Lang, Wanda, Danvers, and the others as well. Considering they had been friends and fought side by side for over a decade (in some cases living in the same house for years), im sure all of them got really close. He essentially committed suicide in front of everyone at a friend's funeral. Yea he is happy, but they were already grieving one loss and now have to deal with another.

Im sure he meant a lot to Rhodey, Banner, Hawkeye, Lang, Wanda, Danvers, and the others as well. Considering they had been friends and fought side by side for over a decade, im sure all of them got really close. He essentially committed suicide in front of everyone at a friends funeral. Yea he is happy, but they were already grieving one loss and now have to deal with another.

Okay let's not get carried away here. :lol

Did your precious article explain how there could be an alternate timeline Cap that appeared back in the first timeline as an old man? Hmm, HMMM? :) .

Yes, the quotes are out of order tho.

"Did Steve Rogers really live out his days with Peggy? Yes. It looks like, from his age, that Steve just stayed with Peggy after returning the Stones.
Wait, didn’t we see photos of Peggy with her kids? Were those Steve’s kids? Yes, Peggy had kids. No, they were not Steve’s — they were her other husband’s, who Steve rescued during the war. This still happened, just not in our “reality” since the story we saw from Steve’s perspective is linear and includes Peggy’s photographs of her children.
So there are two Captain Americas alive in the 2010s? Yes. One is old and has had a full life with Peggy, one gets pulled out of the ice having lost Peggy. One inevitably becomes the other, but they both exist."

"In a stable reality with a stable flow of time, all six Infinity Stones exist.
Given the rules laid out in the film, it seems impossible that alternate dimensions exist in the MCU (in the science-fiction sense, like there’s a doppleganger world). Instead, all possible realities are squished together in one flow of time, happening over, under, and simultaneously with each other. That’s the power all six Infinity Stones have over the universe.
If a stone is removed, a branch reality can be created, but that branch reality is unstable, dangerous, and is possibly unreachable from the Quantum Realm because it would be unmappable on Tony’s devices, which is based on a model of mapping Quantum Realm locations to places on the timeline. (People in the movie jump backwards and then to the present, no one is jumping to an undetermined future. Even Thanos needs to be lead from the past to the future) How would you map an alternate timeline that didn’t exist until you split it? You couldn’t.
The six stones create “what [we] experience as the flow of time.” The stones braid multiple human-perspective realities together into a single flowing existence. A character’s death removes them from the main flow of time (note that Frigga, Thor’s mom, still needed to be visited in the past before she died on Thor’s human-perspective timeline)."

Just read the whole article instead. It all makes sense even though it doesn't :lol

Okay let's not get carried away here. :lol

It just didn't sit quite right with me when it happened and I think this is why. Im just trying to think of how people would really deal with it. Being told in the middle of a funeral that another close friend is essentially gone forever.

Yes, the quotes are out of order tho.

Did Steve Rogers really live out his days with Peggy? Yes. It looks like, from his age, that Steve just stayed with Peggy after returning the Stones.
Wait, didn’t we see photos of Peggy with her kids? Were those Steve’s kids? Yes, Peggy had kids. No, they were not Steve’s — they were her other husband’s, who Steve rescued during the war. This still happened, just not in our “reality” since the story we saw from Steve’s perspective is linear and includes Peggy’s photographs of her children.
So there are two Captain Americas alive in the 2010s? Yes. One is old and has had a full life with Peggy, one gets pulled out of the ice having lost Peggy. One inevitably becomes the other, but they both exist."

"In a stable reality with a stable flow of time, all six Infinity Stones exist.
Given the rules laid out in the film, it seems impossible that alternate dimensions exist in the MCU (in the science-fiction sense, like there’s a doppleganger world). Instead, all possible realities are squished together in one flow of time, happening over, under, and simultaneously with each other. That’s the power all six Infinity Stones have over the universe.
If a stone is removed, a branch reality can be created, but that branch reality is unstable, dangerous, and is possibly unreachable from the Quantum Realm because it would be unmappable on Tony’s devices, which is based on a model of mapping Quantum Realm locations to places on the timeline. (People in the movie jump backwards and then to the present, no one is jumping to an undetermined future. Even Thanos needs to be lead from the past to the future) How would you map an alternate timeline that didn’t exist until you split it? You couldn’t.
The six stones create “what [we] experience as the flow of time.” The stones braid multiple human-perspective realities together into a single flowing existence. A character’s death removes them from the main flow of time (note that Frigga, Thor’s mom, still needed to be visited in the past before she died on Thor’s human-perspective timeline)."

;)

It just didn't sit quite right with me when it happened and I think this is why. Im just trying to think of how people would really deal with it. Being told in the middle of a funeral that another close friend is essentially gone forever.

Oh I'm not saying that your take is "wrong," it just differs from mine. :duff

Let’s use the Ancient One’s language here: there are not multiple “timelines” there are multiple “realities.” A branch reality can only split off the main timeline if an Infinity Stone is removed from that timeline and not replaced.
In order to delete all the branch timelines that the historical stone disruption will create, Banner makes a suggestion: “We can erase it. Once we’re done with the stones, we can return each one to its own timeline the moment it was taken so, chronologically, in that reality, it never left.”
Once again, “chronologically” and “that reality” are used separately because time doesn’t matter with regard to the human perspective. As long as six Infinity Stones simply exist in the same time together (regardless of location or being spread across the universe), they create that single reality. That reality isn’t a fixed one, either; it is all realities happening over each other, the quantum mechanics idea contained by some cosmic storytelling physics

The way I understand it, the power of the infinity stones affect our perception time and reality.

Yeah but if you take the MCU films as all being one strung together "reality" then in that one reality Peggy was married at least as far back as the 50's. And old man Steve exists at the tail end of that reality having assumedly also married her (based on his ring and flashback to the dance.) So she either was married to two men, or she was married to one man who was replaced by Steve, or she was always married to Steve. I don't see any way around one of those scenarios being true given what's shown on screen.

So I pick "it was always Steve." But your mileage may vary.

Saw AEG for the 2nd time today with a good friend of mine and my 2 sons. Everybody loved it. I enjoyed it immensely. A great wrap up of the MCu's Infinity Saga.

My take was that Steve just went back to have his dance with Peggy...

But then she sucked all the serum out of him so he came back old.

Yeah but if you take the MCU films as all being one strung together "reality" then in that one reality Peggy was married at least as far back as the 50's. And old man Steve exists at the tail end of that reality having assumedly also married her (based on his ring and flashback to the dance.) So she either was married to two men, or she was married to one man who was replaced by Steve, or she was always married to Steve. I don't see any way around one of those scenarios being true given what's shown on screen.

So I pick "it was always Steve." But your mileage may vary.

Noooooooo:gah: :lol

We are not dealing with a human perspective of time
There’s a very funny scene (that is also a great moment to take a bathroom break) in which Professor Hulk is testing time travel out on Scott Lang using the Quantum Portal in the van. Scott gets spit out as a teenager, then as an old man, then as a baby. A few scenes later, Tony explains that they accidentally traveled “time through Lang” instead of “Lang through time.”

This suggests that time and the individual experience of time are two entirely different things. Scott wasn’t trapped in the Quantum Realm for a reverse number of years, or until he grew old; the changes were instantaneous for him. This means that, in the Quantum Realm, the “flow” of time is unlike on our plane of existence, and is not locked to an individual’s experience.
So, to recap: The Quantum Realm is a middle ground that allows for travel through time and space. An individual experiences their own timeline linearly, but that’s not consequential to the timeline overall.

Back