Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

I do agree that there would have to be two Caps.. But I don't agree that she was always married to him...

Caps life is on one straight path.... Going back to the past is still his life and it is the future. It never happens until it happens.. So Peggy does not get married to Cap as he had not been able to time travel yet..

He goes back in time.. Kills Peggy's husband and kids and lives Happily ever after.

Yes but the Cap we saw in TWS can be living in the updated timeline unbeknownst to him. Just like the 2012 Cap who thought he was fighting Loki was in an updated timeline unbeknownst to him. So at one point there was a TWS movie where it's revealed that Peggy never married but we didn't see that movie. We saw the new timeline in 2014 reflecting the fact that 2023 Cap had already gone back, changed things by marrying her, a marriage later referenced by Peggy in the Smithsonian footage.

I don't care anymore. I'll wait for the Russo bros to explain it eventually. The good news is that Cap is still alive in 2023, and he's still a super soldier, so he can still lead the team in phase 4, or at least be part of the team. :)

Hopefully Tony comes back as AI consciousness a la Jor El in Man of Steel.

Yes but the Cap we saw in TWS can be living in the updated timeline unbeknownst to him. Just like the 2012 Cap who thought he was fighting Loki was in an updated timeline unbeknownst to him. So at one point there was a TWS movie where it's revealed that Peggy never married but we didn't see that movie. We saw the new timeline in 2014 reflecting the fact that 2023 Cap had already gone back, changed things by marrying her, a marriage later referenced by Peggy in the Smithsonian footage.

I think its all a reach as we are mixing all other movie time travel with new rules Marvel time travel... I am not sure they can coexist :lol

Its either alternate realities or a singe time frame..

Yes Cap would have a memory of fighting himself.. Now... Because present day cap went back and fought him.. But he would not have that memory until he went back and did that..

Basically Civil War Cap does not have a memory of fighting himself... New timeline Cap or alternate reality Cap will

So there is no two Caps running around the first time we watch the movies.. Its not until he goes back and creates the alternate time line..

So now you can watch the films after endgame and pretend he was there.. But you also have to accept that he is selfish and evil :lol

I am Just going by Banner's logic.. I think,,, :lol

I don't care anymore. I'll wait for the Russo bros to explain it eventually. The good news is that Cap is still alive in 2023, and he's still a super soldier, so he can still lead the team in phase 4, or at least be part of the team. :)

Hopefully Tony comes back as AI consciousness a la Jor El in Man of Steel.

That's easy.. Just have time go through Cap and not Cap go through time.. Like what happened with Ant-man..

Lets face it.. He will be back.. I don't think Chris Evans will be a big success outside of Marvel :lol

I think its all a reach as we are mixing all other movie time travel with new rules Marvel time travel... I am not sure they can coexist :lol

Its either alternate realities or a singe time frame..

Yes Cap would have a memory of fighting himself.. Now... Because present day cap went back and fought him.. But he would not have that memory until he went back and did that..

Basically Civil War Cap does not have a memory of fighting himself... New timeline Cap or alternate reality Cap will

So there is no two Caps running around the first time we watch the movies.. Its not until he goes back and creates the alternate time line..

So now you can watch the films after endgame and pretend he was there.. But you also have to accept that he is selfish and evil :lol

I am Just going by Banner's logic.. I think,,, :lol

Yeah well what the hell does Banner know, Tony was the expert. ;)

And there ARE alternate realities (hence Nebula, Thanos, and Gamora being able to cease being in 2014 and skip ahead to 2023 without changing anything that they were a part of between those years) but the alternate realities can be merged into one if you go back and "undo" significant changes that would have caused a new branch. So I don't think that CW Cap *ever* remembered fighting himself in 2012 because 2023 Cap went back and returned the scepter before the time that they fought over it.

I am just going by Tilda Swinton's logic.. I think,,, :lol

:D

Yes it's all ridiculous, there's no denying that, lol.

Cap from 2023 after defeating Thanos goes into the quantum realm and puts back the stones where they belong which preserves the timeline/reality thing...line that the Ancient One showed Banner when she made a line, right? That Cap has all the experiences that we've seen from his POV in the MCU up until he leaves. 2023 Cap is now in 1940 dancing with Peggy. Meanwhile in what feels like seconds in 2023, the team is waiting for him. Back in 1940 from the point of view of 2023 Cap, he's living a full life with Peggy. In the 2023 reality from the POV of the team it's only seconds. That's Cap's personal experience, "because time doesn’t matter with regard to the human perspective. As long as six Infinity Stones simply exist in the same time together (regardless of location or being spread across the universe), they create that single reality.""The Quantum Realm is a middle ground that allows for travel through time and space. An individual experiences their own timeline linearly, but that’s not consequential to the timeline overall." The Cap trilogy is in no way affected by the time travel because that Cap is the one in 1940 with Peggy after the fact, but there's also a frozen Cap. From the perspective of the other avengers, all their experiences until 2023 remain unchanged. At some point 2023 Cap and frozen Cap....merge maybe, or become one in the same? But old man cap still remembers the fact he was frozen and seeing Peggy in the hospital in TWS, fighting Thanos and all those events. Damn it, I thought I was out but they pull me back in!!

All I know is that finally, FINALLY say that the MCU has delivered a film that I can actually say surpasses BB, TDK, and Logan. It truly was an epic event that surpasses all superhero films before it and puts it on the top shelf with SW OT and LOTR. Talk about saving the best for last.

Damn it, I thought I was out but they pull me back in!!

:lol :lol

All I know is that finally, FINALLY say that the MCU has delivered a film that I can actually say surpasses BB, TDK, and Logan. It truly was an epic event that surpasses all superhero films before it and puts it on the top shelf with SW OT and LOTR. Talk about saving the best for last.

For you....or should I say, in your timeline/reality? :gah:

Ok if we are going on the logic that Steve went back to the past.. Was always there. The 2014 Thanos was always killed in the future and should have never been around to snap his fingers..

Right ? :lol

This was a fun read also and tries to explain things but also states that the time travel in EG has its issues.

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-time-travel-explained/

Hmmmmm Better then TDK.. I think your Cap love has clouded your judgement.. ;)

I am surprised actually that you liked this one better then other Marvel movies.. Jeepers give Cap Thor's hammer and you get giddy as a school girl ;)

Yeah that finale.... :thud:

Like imagine the finale of RO but with the main OT heroes. :drool (Okay main OT heroes + Professor Chewie) :monkey3

:chase

Yah that finale.... :thud:

Like imagine the finale of RO but with the main OT heroes. :drool

Oh that would be nice :)

Trust me I get it.. If Hulk had a Cap type level of awesomeness in EG it would be my fav also... (but I would always say it with a wink ;) )

Actually if I had a Hulk movie that was on the level of TWS and CW I know what my top three comic movies would be :lol

Hmmmmm Better then TDK.. I think your Cap love has clouded your judgement.. ;)

I am surprised actually that you liked this one better then other Marvel movies.. Jeepers give Cap Thor's hammer and you get giddy as a school girl ;)

I can't blame him. If you're a life long Cap fan, you can't ask for more than the MCU Cap. He's in a good (great to some) trilogy and plays a major role in the Avengers film series as well. In just 8 years, he's been in more good movies than Superman in 41 years....SUPERMAN!!! His trilogy did him justice in every possible way imaginable, from his origin, his powers, to even wearing the golden age comic costume in a clever way, and somehow being the most OP character in the franchise. :lol If you're a life long Cap or Iron Man fan, you're in movie heaven.

You could argue that not even the Batman movies have done the kind of justice to the comic character the way the MCU has with Cap. I love the Burton and Nolan films for what they are, but they're like their own thing, not comic Batman. Same can be said about the Fox Men.

I can't blame him. If you're a life long Cap fan, you can't ask for more than the MCU Cap. He's in a good (great to some) trilogy and plays a major role in the Avengers film series as well. In just 8 years, he's been in more good movies than Superman in 41 years....SUPERMAN!!! His trilogy did him justice in every possible way imaginable, from his origin, his powers, to even wearing the golden age comic costume in a clever way, and somehow being the most OP character in the franchise. :lol If you're a life long Cap or Iron Man fan, you're in movie heaven.

Seriously. Movie heaven man, no doubt. I couldn't have been more blown away watching how the finale of AEG played out. I had even let go of the notion that Cap might one day wield Mjolnir when they broke it in Ragnarok. It totally went out of my mind after that. Freaking evil geniuses.

Agree 100%

I was not a lifelong Cap fan.. Would never dream of owning a statue of him.. But these movies turned me into one..

But I have to admit that after how Russo's treated hulk and gave Cap all the glory I am a bit resentful of him now.

I don't even remember Iron Man being in EG accept for that final snap. :lol

Seriously. Movie heaven man, no doubt. I couldn't be more blown away watching how the finale of AEG played out. I had even let go of the notion that Cap might one day wield Mjolnir when they broke it in Ragnarok. It totally went out of my mind after that. Freaking evil geniuses.

I would like to go back in time and kill the guy who put a screen shot of that on facebook… :(

Back