Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

Also for the record.. I want Cap to live happily ever after also.

So whatever it is with Peggy and the kids... I prefer to not think about it and figure it all work out in the end.

Hipster Hulk agrees.

DjwKTwN.jpg

So, I’ve been out of this thread for a few months to avoid spoilers, and finally got to see this today. Upon first viewing, I like Infinity War better overall, but I thought about it after and I think I was so caught up anticipating things I’d hoped would be in the movie that I didn’t let myself just enjoy it for what it is, but already some shining moments.

The only clear let down for me was the professor Hulk, as a Hulk fan, I appreciate the different iterations over the comics, but I prefer the green rage monster and after taking a side seat in Infinity War, I was really looking forward to him unleashing here. For me the last good Hulk outing was Ragnarok.

Which brings up another point. Is it required now that every Marvel hero have a female counterpart that is stronger, smarter, and more competent than them?

After seeing it 4 times now. I think it was the best arc ending to any franchise or series etc.
The shield being passed was fantastic, and you can clearly tell that Bucky knew and that he and Cap chose Sam to take the mantle, which i like the idea of the MCU becoming a generational story. There's all ready a set of characters who have their own films that can become the next team and join Sam/Cap ,War Machine, Wanda, Black Panther, Spidey, Hulk etc. They can go on for decades making more MCU films and every now and then, just like in the comics, new characters can come on and replace those leaving.

Im Now more and more curious what awaits us from the MCU at san diego comic con.

So, I’ve been out of this thread for a few months to avoid spoilers, and finally got to see this today. Upon first viewing, I like Infinity War better overall, but I thought about it after and I think I was so caught up anticipating things I’d hoped would be in the movie that I didn’t let myself just enjoy it for what it is, but already some shining moments.

The only clear let down for me was the professor Hulk, as a Hulk fan, I appreciate the different iterations over the comics, but I prefer the green rage monster and after taking a side seat in Infinity War, I was really looking forward to him unleashing here. For me the last good Hulk outing was Ragnarok.

Welcome back. If you read back several dozen pages, you'll see you're not alone in your Hulk disappointment. We are in the same boat. :(

I agree. He got his ass kicked in that one too...

Sorry Jaws. (not really) :monkey3

Yep. Pretty much. :gah:

Talk to you all later.... Its GOT time now......

Ok Khev and other Cap fans lets talk about how Cap is the most selfish evil character in the MCU

So Cap goes back in time to be with Peggy..

It is mentioned in the other films that she got married and had kids.

Cap erased those kids from existance and ruined what was probably a beautiful relationship between Peggy and her future husband by stepping in before they ever got to meet.

Meanwhile in is selfish happiness he laughs as he thinks of Bucky being tortured.. But hey he cant do anything about it because it will mess up the future..

and before anyone says its an alternate universe... If that is the case then why is he sitting on the bench in the present Universe.. He breaks the timeline buy marring Peggy..

But he didn't marry Peggy you might say..

Ok then take everything I just stated about Peggy and apply it to some other unknowing woman who never gets to meet her true love because Cap selfishly steps in and keeps the two from ever meeting.. She probably had a kid who found the cure for Cancer also..

But Cap don't care because he is happy now.

Evil Cap... I think he meant it when he said Hail Hydra.

Endgame was worse to the Cap character then it was to Hulk

No no no .....2 Steve's , one did everything we saw in the films, the other lived a life with Peggy.....the Steve that went back in time was older than the Steve that existed from the films.

So Peggy married the older Steve who went back in time after EG, and they had a life together while the younger Steve fought Ultron, WS and IM......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm watching Civil War on tv. Falcon had Cap's back 100% no matter what. I forgot how loyal he was since TWS. I can see why Cap gave him the shield. It just feels odd because Falcon kind of sucks as far as abilities and powers. He's not even a leader, more of a loyal soldier/follower.

But it also seemed that Bucky's whole arc was about coming into his own and becoming a hero.

No no no .....2 Steve's , one did everything we saw in the films, the other lived a life with Peggy.....the Steve that went back in time was older than the Steve that existed from the films.

So Peggy married the older Steve who went back in time after EG, and they had a life together while the younger Steve fought Ultron, WS and IM......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So there are two Peggy's ?

Khev's twisty turny logic is the only thing that makes sense..

But I don't think that it follows the MCU rules.

Yeah Maulfan we are in the same boat.. However.. Last good Hulk outing for me was in the first Avengers :(

From there on he has been a punching bag for other hero's and Thanos :(

I agree. He got his ass kicked in that one too...

Sorry Jaws. (not really) :monkey3

:lol Exactly... :(

I thought the shield will go to Bucky. After all, he does become Capt America in the comics.

So there are two Peggy's ?

No, just one Peggy and one Steve, just living in different time periods making 2 at once. Steve goes through all we see him go through in the movies, and then goes back in time and lives the rest of his life in the past with Peggy.

Ya know.. If Hulk had a few stand alone films or if its announced that he will get some (After Uni gives up the rights) or that he will be a big part in another MArvel movie.. Well I might be able to forgive this movie for its Hulk slights..

As long as the Russo's don't write or direct.

No, just one Peggy and one Steve, just living in different time periods making 2 at once. Steve goes through all we see him go through in the movies, and then goes back in time and lives the rest of his life in the past with Peggy.

But my point is.. If he goes back she never marries her original husband and has her kids.. Evil Cap.

Or its two different realities and Cap should never have been there at the end of the film..

Or he was able to have both realities meet at the end of the film and he still ruins Peggys marriage and kids in another reality.. Evil Cap again :lol

Yes, but while he lives the rest of his life in the past, there's a frozen Cap too, right?

Back