Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

Payoff_1-Sht_Online_v6_Domestic_Sm.jpg

You have to admit, Marvel's marketing team know what they're doing. They drop this right before CM's 2nd weekend, and feature Carol in the end stinger. Anyone who is psyched for Endgame but hasn't seen CM yet just got an extra nudge to go check it out.

So Feige was quoted as saying he really liked the ST:TNG finale "All Good Things...", correct? In that finale future & past Picard knew about the present threat the Enterprise was facing, and his past version couldn't explain it to the crew without polluting the timeline. Maybe Hawkeye is the Picard of the MCU - i.e., we'll find out his lack of screen time in other movies (including IW) was due to his being busy doing stuff to help reverse the snap (without effecting the past events of those movies).

So Feige was quoted as saying he really liked the ST:TNG finale "All Good Things...", correct? In that finale future & past Picard knew about the present threat the Enterprise was facing, and his past version couldn't explain it to the crew without polluting the timeline. Maybe Hawkeye is the Picard of the MCU - i.e., we'll find out his lack of screen time in other movies (including IW) was due to his being busy doing stuff to help reverse the snap (without effecting the past events of those movies).

Considering that All Good Things is probably one of the greatest last episodes in the history of TV...simultaneously giving a satisfying ending to all the characters, while reflecting on the past, having a good mystery, and wrapping up Q's arc that we didn't even realize existed - if Endgame is anything like it, I'll be deliriously happy.

That said, it also has one of the most glaring plot holes we've ever seen (the fact that the future Enterprise travels to the anti-time anomaly and it's not there, only to erupt later. But the anomaly is ANTI-TIME, so it gets bigger the further back you go, so that wouldn't happen...it would have to be there when they get there, only to disappear LATER, which would prevent them from executing the plan to save everyone at the end (because there wouldn't BE an anomalay in all three timelines).

Point is, whenever you're dealing with time and multiple timelines, there's potential for easy screwups that you've really gotta have down. Of course, that episode was hashed out in like two weeks in between working on the mediocre Generations film, so considering it was an afterthought, maybe they could've worked it out with a bit more time and energy.

Considering that All Good Things is probably one of the greatest last episodes in the history of TV...simultaneously giving a satisfying ending to all the characters, while reflecting on the past, having a good mystery, and wrapping up Q's arc that we didn't even realize existed - if Endgame is anything like it, I'll be deliriously happy.

That said, it also has one of the most glaring plot holes we've ever seen (the fact that the future Enterprise travels to the anti-time anomaly and it's not there, only to erupt later. But the anomaly is ANTI-TIME, so it gets bigger the further back you go, so that wouldn't happen...it would have to be there when they get there, only to disappear LATER, which would prevent them from executing the plan to save everyone at the end (because there wouldn't BE an anomalay in all three timelines).

Point is, whenever you're dealing with time and multiple timelines, there's potential for easy screwups that you've really gotta have down. Of course, that episode was hashed out in like two weeks in between working on the mediocre Generations film, so considering it was an afterthought, maybe they could've worked it out with a bit more time and energy.

No argument, if not for the ridiculously good quality of the rest of the story that anomaly plot hole would have ruined the TNG finale. I can't help thinking how severely it would have been criticized if it was released in today's world. Nowadays a lot of people would have thrown the baby out with the bath water. If Endgame does involve multiple time periods, hopefully Marvel has managed to successfully avoid the plot holes.

Very cool trailer. Great montage in the beginning. I love it gives away nothing. Can't wait to see this. And love it focuses on the originals. As long as Captain Mavel doesn't save the day, I'm down for just about anything this movie brings.

So close, yet so far..:gah:

Damn Cap front and center!

Khev is going to cry :lol

Man if he dies i’m going to lose it.

It was good until the tag...

See Buffinator post for a lesson in business marketing :lol

You have to admit, Marvel's marketing team know what they're doing. They drop this right before CM's 2nd weekend, and feature Carol in the end stinger. Anyone who is psyched for Endgame but hasn't seen CM yet just got an extra nudge to go check it out.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Awesome trailer!

Best part, it doesn't give anything away ::cough:: like BVS ::cough::

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cap in black face. Nice.

Thor afraid of skinny girl CM that clearly doesn't work out.

Hawkeye haircut. :lol

MCU knows that they have people's money already so the trailer is just scenes from old movies. :lol

Back