Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a Brody Cinematic Universe

tumblr_pr7kr7u3uV1qj6sk2o6_500.gif

She sure does lol

But what?s even more egregious than that is a-dev saying that TLC is better than Raiders.

That actually keeps me up at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or Spalko to hand Indy a Phial lamp to light his way?

Or Donovan to call in his Snowtroopers?

Or that heavy-set Fed guy to suddenly say "I can hold it, I can hold it, I'm alright" right before he explodes?

Ha, you won't dismiss my opinion as being blind fanboyism quite so easily. ;)

Case in point A1 as you mentioned. I had more issues with how Cap was portrayed in that film than just the derpy cowl but I still recognized it as a solid well done film. I didn't use my anger to try and burn down the entire MCU and all of cinema as we know it, lol. :D

Until recently you smacked that movie around all the time because how you perceived they treated Cap... You tried to compare Cap in Avengers 1 to how Hulk was treated in EG... Which is not even in the same ballpark..

For the record I don't see how I am trying to burn down the entire MCU... In fact I just stated that it did not ruin the MCU for me... It just is nowhere near the film IW was and as a whole a major let down.

The flip side of that coin is AOU. Cap *was* a total badass in that film but that doesn't make it a "homerun." A mixed bag to be sure that justifies it's existence mostly because of how it connects to other films in the Infinity Saga that does at least get extra points for having Cap be cool. And I have no problems acknowledging that.

Hmmmmm Total Bad ass... He held his own against Ultron... But I thought he was only OK... That film is just awful... Hell EG is a masterpiece to me compared to that film..

So in the same way I am not allowing my fanboy self to blind me to the fact that EG with no Hulk is a far better film then AOU with a Hulk and some cool Hulk moments.

EG I have no problems with (save a few nitpicks like Rhodey's a-holeness and the girl power charge) and can put it on the same shelf as other genre classics without reservation. If I didn't know better I'd assume that the Hulk stuff so profoundly bummed you out that you'd actually prefer that the rest of EG be subpar in order to more easily dismiss the whole thing, even so much as convincing yourself that that's actually the truth...:monkey3

I can and will admit that the Hulk stuff did bum me out to the point where its easy for me to see the film without rose colored glasses..

Come on Khev.. Your telling me is they messed up Cap the way they did Hulk you would be completely satisfied with EG as a whole?

I call shenanigans... It was a Cap fans wet dream... If everything about Cap was turned on its ear you would turn your back on this film forever. You would find the plot unimaginative and slow.. The final battles lacking any true "great moments" and it would leave you feeling cold and hopeless. If cap was turned into a running gag who was no longer the leader of the Avengers you cant tell me this would still be the perfect ending for you..

I mean that is obvious... As how can it be for any Cap fan.. It was perfect for them. But you take out your Cap moments and give them to Hulk, Thor, and IM... What are "You" left with? An Average Marvel film at best. I mean even the slow moments all focused around Cap.

Even if Hulk was given the greatest moment in all of MCU and got to beat Thanos himself and got some other moments to shine... I would still think the film was long in the tooth and lacked any real excitement..

But I admit I would still geek out over those moments and it would help me enjoy the film a lot more.

And why wouldn't it.. They are Comic book movies.. Its why we watch them... We want to see our fav hero's do what they do best.. If they don't then it ends up being a let down.

Last edited:
Or Spalko to hand Indy a Phial lamp to light his way?

Or Donovan to call in his Snowtroopers?

Or that heavy-set Fed guy to suddenly say "I can hold it, I can hold it, I'm alright" right before he explodes?

Snowtroopers :rotfl

Wasn?t fat guy in Batman 89 as well or am I getting my fat guys confused lol

While TOD is Raiders quality when compared to LC and KOTCS which is not saying much it still failed miserably at being a prequel to Raiders.

To this day it still feels like i?m watching a sequel to Raiders not a prequel.

So what if its a sequel or a prequel... Does it matter?

Raiders stands alone proudly and has no equal.

Doesn't need a Part II to finish things off.

I tend to agree with this statement.. But while I loved Raiders as a child and still find it to be the Best Indy film.. It was TOD that made me a Indy Mega fan...

I went through a period of dismissing TOD and focusing on its faults.. But then I came back around to it and love it more today then ever.. Its in my top 10 action of all time...

Glad to see TLC getting its butt kicked around here. Never ever got the love for it.. I still see people calling it the Best Indy movie.. WTH?

They bash TOD for some of the very same reasons that I find TLC to be such a misfire. Goofy characters and shoddy effects... Sure TOD had them but what a fun romp with an amazing soundtrack and Ford in fantastic shape... TLC had Connery and the tank battle.. That's it.

So what if its a sequel or a prequel... Does it matter?

I tend to agree with this statement.. But while I loved Raiders as a child and still find it to be the Best Indy film.. It was TOD that made me a Indy Mega fan...

I went through a period of dismissing TOD and focusing on its faults.. But then I came back around to it and love it more today then ever.. Its in my top 10 action of all time...

Glad to see TLC getting its butt kicked around here. Never ever got the love for it.. I still see people calling it the Best Indy movie.. WTH?

They bash TOD for some of the very same reasons that I find TLC to be such a misfire. Goofy characters and shoddy effects... Sure TOD had them but what a fun romp with an amazing soundtrack and Ford in fantastic shape... TLC had Connery and the tank battle.. That's it.

a-dev is about to ruin your day lol

She sure does lol

But what?s even more egregious than that is a-dev saying that TLC is better than Raiders.

That actually keeps me up at night.

Wait??? He does???

I was not even referring to him in my last post..

What the Hell a-dev!!! Say its not so.

Ok... SO my wife has not watched EG yet.. Perhaps I will try one more time.. This time watching it as Captain America: Endgame and look at it more like Captain America:Civil War.

Its a Cap movie with Avengers in it. Hulk just happens to be a Cameo like in Thor.

To avoid getting frustrated
Keep repeating

Its only a Cap movie
...only a Cap movie
...only a Cap movie
...only a Cap movie

Until recently you smacked that movie around all the time because how you perceived they treated Cap...

Until I watched it again a year or two ago and realized that it really was a good movie all around. I dismissed it when TWS came out and didn't revisit it again until years later. During that period of time I allowed it to be worse in my mind than it was. But I'm fine with A1 now.

For the record I don't see how I am trying to burn down the entire MCU...

I know, I was making a reference to one post shortly after you saw EG where you actually did go back and say how it made x number of MCU films lame in retrospect causing jye's classic "Kal-El no!" response, lol.

Come on Khev.. Your telling me is they messed up Cap the way they did Hulk you would be completely satisfied with EG as a whole?

As a whole? No, of course not if they messed up my favorite character. Of course it would be tainted probably even to the point of me not wanting to ever watch it again. I get why someone who really wanted Hulk to be a certain way or really wanted Thor to be a certain way or any other character that they thought was "ruined" might disown the film for that reason alone. That still doesn't change the fact that I think it was great from beginning to end including the Hulk, Thor, time travel stuff, and so on. And no I wouldn't suddenly change my mind and call it unimaginative or slow if they botched Cap or the end battle at the end.

There are plenty of movies that I *do* think are great or have great elements but are dull or slow in long stretches (Nolan Batflicks come to mind) and Captain America isn't the one single exception in all of cinema that would cause me to ignore those elements. :)

So again you seem to be equating love or hatred of the movie solely with how such and such hero performed and on that I simply disagree. :duff

TFA is still probably my favorite Cap flick after EG and he isn't nearly as awesome in that movie as he is in all the Russo flicks.

Ok... SO my wife has not watched EG yet.. Perhaps I will try one more time.. This time watching it as Captain America: Endgame and look at it more like Captain America:Civil War.

Its a Cap movie with Avengers in it. Hulk just happens to be a Cameo like in Thor.

To avoid getting frustrated
Keep repeating

Its only a Cap movie
...only a Cap movie
...only a Cap movie
...only a Cap movie

Well you've got to include Iron Man in there. He gets moments just as important and epic as Cap's. I do wonder where all this new found animosity toward the movie is coming from since I remember that you did watch it again in the theater and realized that Cap wasn't as over the top as you had previously assumed. Even with the power of Mjolnir he still never even cause Thanos to shed a single drop of blood! That honor still goes to Tony in IW.

All Cap did was manage to stay alive in epic and glorious fashion, lol.

The movie doesn?t even feel like 3 hours it goes by very quick and very smooth.

My wife made me great pancakes this morning and tacos for lunch lol

Until I watched it again a year or two ago and realized that it really was a good movie all around. I dismissed it when TWS came out and didn't revisit it again until years later. During that period of time I allowed it to be worse in my mind than it was. But I'm fine with A1 now.

So your fanboyism clouded your judgment ;)

It just turned out to be wrong :lol ;)

I know, I was making a reference to one post shortly after you saw EG where you actually did go back and say how it made x number of MCU films lame in retrospect causing jye's classic "Kal-El no!" response, lol.

I think I was more worried about it effecting my enjoyment of the Cap films as I thought the Russo's were way up Caps ass. I was frustrated that they ignored Hulk and IMO the other main avengers in favor of giving Cap all the highlights.

As a whole? No, of course not if they messed up my favorite character. Of course it would be tainted probably even to the point of me not wanting to ever watch it again. I get why someone who really wanted Hulk to be a certain way or really wanted Thor to be a certain way or any other character that they thought was "ruined" might disown the film for that reason alone. That still doesn't change the fact that I think it was great from beginning to end including the Hulk, Thor, time travel stuff, and so on. And no I wouldn't suddenly change my mind and call it unimaginative or slow if they botched Cap or the end battle at the end.

Well we will never know since they did not botch Cap :lol

Personally I cant see how someone would still think a film was great from beginning to end if they messed up a major character.

If Star Wars was the same movie but Luke was a poorly done character would we still think of the film the same way... I mean Look at ROTJ... Half the reason I don't enjoy it as much as I could has nothing to do with EWOKS... Its Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher phoning it in and not being all that interesting that really ruins ROTJ for me.

There are plenty of movies that I *do* think are great or have great elements but are dull or slow in long stretches (Nolan Batflicks come to mind) and Captain America isn't the one single exception in all of cinema that would cause me to ignore those elements. :)

Well those films don't ruin the character...

Plus I don't have issues with slow movies.. If I like the story or plot.. First time viewing with not knowing what I was going to get with The Hulk.. I still found myself uninterested in what was going on.

So again you seem to be equating love or hatred of the movie solely with how such and such hero performed and on that I simply disagree. :duff

Perhaps.. I just don't think that EG was all that good. When I think of top my Marvel Movies like Avengers, IW, WS, CW, IM1, TIH, TFA, GOTG, and even AM this one does not even come close :(

I like to think that had Hulk been treated like Cap I would be able to look past my issues.. I just did not find the Drama that dramatic, the action very memorable, the jokes did not land as well for me, nor the plot very intriguing. I find myself asking if all those pieces would fit together better if Hulk was not botched.

I also will never know as Hulk was botched.
:)

But if you feel you would still find it too be a great film regardless of how they treated Cap then that's cool... Obviously we feel very differently about the film itself since I am not sure how much I would still like it as the icing on the MCU Cake even if Hulk was handled better
:duff

TFA is still probably my favorite Cap flick after EG and he isn't nearly as awesome in that movie as he is in all the Russo flicks.

Yeah but he is still a good Cap... I mean if a character is done well in several films you can always side with the best / fav story.

Back