Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Untitled 4th Avengers film (May 3rd, 2019)

I wish the mods had waited to ban SNIKT after IW came out. I bet he has a grudge against it for another one of his space Dracula theories not coming true. :lol

"Based on reliable sources". The sad part is that if this is the real name it will have nothing to do with Annihilis.

I still hope he ends up with Peggy in the past.

I'll put this SPOILER SPECULATION Reddit link IW2 plot SPOILER SPECULATION in tags anyway. Entertaining reading:cool:; hard to say if it could be true since misinformation and fake scenes were shot and work on the movie is still going on:

I've got no doubt that Cap - if he has an end (since all that Evans said was he filmed his last scenes) - it would be "nice". And probably reverse-able if Marvel wanted Evans back. Who knows Marvel could kill off IM.:dunno

For me tho IW1 wasn't the film I was expecting, or wanting, at all. After the fact, suppose part of that was Gunn's involvement (https://movieweb.com/avengers-infinity-war-james-gunn-wrote-guardians-scenes/) e.g. thought GOTG2 was pretty leaden; saved primarily by Ego and Yondu. Probably other stuff as well, liked Feige wanting to set up the next MCU and upcoming movies using IW.

So kinda dread IW2 esp. if what I think happens - that Captain Marvel will be brought in and save the day etc. More space battles. Characters' evolution/dynamics I was interested in (Scarlet Witch and her powers? Bucky? M'Baku? Okoye?) sidelined or given cursory treatment. Hawkeye has been touted as Ronin but that could be another of those "blip" scenes where stuff is supposed to be known with no explanation. No gritty hand-to-hand combat.

So I'm reading every spoiler I can find ahead of time. Not gonna get hyped the way I was for IW1 and then find out I'm being force-fed Captain Marvel 1.5.

Yikes! If that is legit, sounds pretty lame.

Agreed!
…..
So kinda dread IW2 esp. if what I think happens - that Captain Marvel will be brought in and save the day etc. More space battles. Characters' evolution/dynamics I was interested in (Scarlet Witch and her powers? Bucky? M'Baku? Okoye?) sidelined or given cursory treatment. Hawkeye has been touted as Ronin but that could be another of those "blip" scenes where stuff is supposed to be known with no explanation. No gritty hand-to-hand combat.

So I'm reading every spoiler I can find ahead of time. Not gonna get hyped the way I was for IW1 and then find out I'm being force-fed Captain Marvel 1.5.

That is what worries me, that spoiler posted above placed a bit too much emphasis on a certain character and their powers for my liking rather than the original characters. :(

I'll put this SPOILER SPECULATION Reddit link IW2 plot SPOILER SPECULATION in tags anyway. Entertaining reading:cool:; hard to say if it could be true since misinformation and fake scenes were shot and work on the movie is still going on:

I've got no doubt that Cap - if he has an end (since all that Evans said was he filmed his last scenes) - it would be "nice". And probably reverse-able if Marvel wanted Evans back. Who knows Marvel could kill off IM.:dunno

For me tho IW1 wasn't the film I was expecting, or wanting, at all. After the fact, suppose part of that was Gunn's involvement (https://movieweb.com/avengers-infinity-war-james-gunn-wrote-guardians-scenes/) e.g. thought GOTG2 was pretty leaden; saved primarily by Ego and Yondu. Probably other stuff as well, liked Feige wanting to set up the next MCU and upcoming movies using IW.

Yeah that does sound lame if true, but it would honestly be pretty easy for a fan to make that up, plus add that to what you just mentioned about fake scenes being shot to mislead people, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Yeah that does sound lame if true, but it would honestly be pretty easy for a fan to make that up, plus add that to what you just mentioned about fake scenes being shot to mislead people, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

True, true. Just hope - for me - Feige remembers it's a poor business model to irritate some, at least, of an existing customer base, in an attempt to set up new customers. Also - sad but true and even Feige has said - the day will come when Marvel has a real misfire:horror.

To be real, a movie like IW1 that made millions? billions? must've made a lot of people happy:cool:. No way IW2 is gonna bomb.

There's this:
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/avengers-4-infinity-war-films-different-genres-1201956066/
Despite an initial title setup that split the films into "Part One" and "Part Two," the new film's screenwriters say that the next two Avengers films are as different as "Ant-Man" and "Black Panther."....

Don’t look to “Infinity War” to provide too many hints as to what’s to come in its followup. “[After you see the film] I think you’re probably gonna have fewer ideas about what it’s gonna be than you do now,” Markus said. “I’m gonna put it that way.”

Pressed for more details, McFeely did share that while there are “very few” comparisons for the newest film, “It’s relentless in the way that ‘Winter Soldier’ was, a propulsive movie.”

Whatever that means.

True, true. Just hope - for me - Feige remembers it's a poor business model to irritate some, at least, of an existing customer base, in an attempt to set up new customers. Also - sad but true and even Feige has said - the day will come when Marvel has a real misfire:horror.

That's already happened like five times. :lol So long as the Marvel Studios logo is still attached, no way no how is anything they make from here on out going to bomb or get negative critical reception no matter how bad-mediocre it is.

I loved IW and remain optimistic for Avengers 4, but if that movie does somehow manage to drop the ball, then it will probably be the last one I see in a theatre because it doesn't sound like they have anything interesting planned post-Phase Three aside from Doctor Strange 2 (I'm no fan of the X-Men or FF).

That's already happened like five times. :lol So long as the Marvel Studios logo is still attached, no way no how is anything they make from here on out going to bomb or get negative critical reception no matter how bad-mediocre it is.

I loved IW and remain optimistic for Avengers 4, but if that movie does somehow manage to drop the ball, then it will probably be the last one I see in a theatre because it doesn't sound like they have anything interesting planned post-Phase Three aside from Doctor Strange 2 (I'm no fan of the X-Men or FF).

Haven't "analyzed" it but think there's a lot to be said for the charisma of the actors/actresses - or SOMETHING. Feige's right people outright love these characters (well, except for the poor Warriors 3 maybe - no-one seemed too concerned when Taika Waititi disposed of them.:monkey3)

I'm no fan of X-men or FF or CM, but feel like I could ride off into the sunset if IW2 will be? would be? what I had imagined. The MCU success was unprecedented anyway. I'd like to wind up these phases with the MCU the way I felt the first time I saw Iron Man, TWS, Civil War, Ragnarok. (Have hope for the BW solo movie, since not having her/WS/Hawkeye backstories, for me, would be interesting if done right).

Re IW2 - I hope I'm not infuriated because Marvel decided they need to compete with Wonder Woman and use Infinity War 2 to do so. Like a commercial for the "new MCU". Actually if they had needed a "superpower" figure to show up I would've had the Grandmaster lend a hand - for me a po'd Elder of the Universe would've been way more interesting than CM. And there's a ready-made entry for that since his brother had been attacked by Thanos + a comic connection re the Mind Gem (not that the films follow the comix, but still).

Agreed!

That is what worries me, that spoiler posted above placed a bit too much emphasis on a certain character and their powers for my liking rather than the original characters. :(

Yeah, if they do that, they're doing it at the franchise's peril. That wouldn't get the reception they would be hoping for.

I don't think that "leak" or whatever is true, though. Sounds very lame, and not believable in a lot of parts to me.

^ Agreed, I don't think it's legit either, even though Reddit is the original source, I take most things posted on the Express website with a (massive) pinch of salt :lol

Yeah, if they do that, they're doing it at the franchise's peril. That wouldn't get the reception they would be hoping for.

I don't think that "leak" or whatever is true, though. Sounds very lame, and not believable in a lot of parts to me.

Posted link for fun/kill time:cool:. Agree tho that certain character/screen time concerns wouldn't get a positive reception. I think IW2 is unfail-able - but hopefully that means something like "it's one of the greatest of the MCU movies" and not "at least we were #1 opening weekend".

It's been said that movies make their profits off general audiences tho, not more diehard fans:dunno. I'd like to be a fly at those conversations wondering if Feige and co. worry more about the general audience ("new sells!") or fans like me who go for repeat views and buy stuff - IF I am happy w. film/characters.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/deadly-class-joe-russo-interview-syfy-adaptation-next-avengers-comic-con-1202430918/

RUSSO: You know, we’re very proud of it. I think ultimately Avengers 4 may be our best work for Marvel. I think we’ve grown with every movie that we’ve made there. We’ve grown with the characters. We’ve grown with the cast. As filmmakers we’re very happy and very excited with the movie.

You know, it’s always an agenda of ours to block out the outside noise because it can lead you to make some bad choices with the material. We’ve learned over the years just to listen to ourselves, and it’s great that there’s two of us that we can have conversations with each other. We can really stay insulated and reinforce one another in our belief in the story that we’re telling. I feel like with Avengers 4, because it was made before there was any response to Avengers 3, it’s really pure in that regard. The storytelling is very pure. It’s without any sort of external noise creeping in...

Guess we'll see. For myself hope it's a film I like better than IW1. I would have argued with a lot of the choices made there; hope the same isn't true for IW2. I also don't trust Marvel's marketing or Feige, really.

I have a feeling this movie will basically be the passing of the baton from Iron Man, Cap and (possibly) Thor to Capt Marvel, Panther, Strange and Spidey. Those are the new major players.

Posted link for fun/kill time:cool:. Agree tho that certain character/screen time concerns wouldn't get a positive reception. I think IW2 is unfail-able - but hopefully that means something like "it's one of the greatest of the MCU movies" and not "at least we were #1 opening weekend".

Feige has proven on multiple occasions that this is his main concern, as evidenced by how they often release the Marvel movies in Europe a week ahead of the US (something we were lucky to avoid with IW) solely so that the films can be advertised as "the number #1 movie in the world" or whatever.

It's been said that movies make their profits off general audiences tho, not more diehard fans:dunno. I'd like to be a fly at those conversations wondering if Feige and co. worry more about the general audience ("new sells!") or fans like me who go for repeat views and buy stuff - IF I am happy w. film/characters.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/deadly-class-joe-russo-interview-syfy-adaptation-next-avengers-comic-con-1202430918/

"General audience" consists partly of the same people who pay to watch Bayformers, and the MCU has had a few instances here and there where you could tell they were catering to that audience (I.E., AoU felt a lot like Bayformers at times with how there was often random CGI stuff flying everywhere and it became sensory overload).

Guess we'll see. For myself hope it's a film I like better than IW1. I would have argued with a lot of the choices made there; hope the same isn't true for IW2. I also don't trust Marvel's marketing or Feige, really.

For the most part I'm a Marvel fan, but I don't trust Feige or his marketing tactis at all. I would be surprised if more than 40% of the MCU's merits had anything to do with Feige because he has always come off solely as a businessman to me whenever I see him in interviews. Of course, you could always do worse - like the people running Warner Bros.

Back