1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screenshot (116).png
    Screenshot (116).png
    133.9 KB · Views: 69
kudos to you guys braving the kneeling pose. I know it's the iconic one to go for, but I don't think I'd have the courage to do so, even with padding on the knees and maybe the toes.

It's not like we're dragging his knees and toes all over the base and ground. I gently put mine on the stand and that's where he'll stay. No concern whatsoever.
Not saying anyone was doing such a thing. Nor was I saying it was a harmful pose to go for. Just saying for me personally, I’d be worrying about scuffing the knees and toes no matter how gentle I am with it. If you’re not worried, then great! :)

I also like to pick up my figures off the shelf often, to hold them up close and admire the details. So for me, the kneeling pose could potentially cause unintentional scuffs or paint chips from regularly picking it up and putting it back down onto the base. If I was setting and forgetting with the pose, then yea, I wouldn’t be worried either. Again, not saying there’s anything wrong with the pose, that’s pretty much what everyone is buying it for, just not the one I’ll be going with whenever I do get mine

Last edited:
I'm not too concerned about scuffing - I think the paint on the Iron Man figures is pretty durable for the most part and the material on the base is rubbery so I see chances of accidental scratches being fairly low. What I am more concerned about is the stupid metal crotch grabbers that come with some of these. There's no padding and if you're not careful lifting the figure on/off there's a good chance for scratches there. For $350-$400+ figures, you'd think they'd do better with some of the stands.

It is insane that this figure is just now shipping to people from Sideshow.
Not even a single one in-hand in the US on eBay, even... which is a very telling
sign that there has been next to no distribution for it yet.

I'm sorry, but these "eternal delays" that Hot Toys have been operating on has
completely killed any enthusiasm for new releases for me. While I pre-ordered
the No Way Home line in full (only because of there being no NRD), I can expect to
see Goblin and Doc Ock sometime in late 2024... which again is beyond stupid.

These figures should not be a 2-3 year preorder process to get them in-hand.
While I am sure some would read that as being "entitled", I am simply speaking from
a "realistic timeline" to get a mass-produced product from a company after you pre-order it.

Hell, even 3rd party companies are getting their product out faster than the snail that is Hot Toys.

I get it man. Im still waiting for mine. It is what it is though. I wouldnt increase my blood pressure over it. If I learned anything from the past 2 years of covid, shut downs, inflation, war is to not sweat the small things. With interest rates going up and the threat of a recession looming, not getting this figure is probably the least of my worries.

It is insane that this figure is just now shipping to people from Sideshow.
Not even a single one in-hand in the US on eBay, even... which is a very telling
sign that there has been next to no distribution for it yet.

I'm sorry, but these "eternal delays" that Hot Toys have been operating on has
completely killed any enthusiasm for new releases for me. While I pre-ordered
the No Way Home line in full (only because of there being no NRD), I can expect to
see Goblin and Doc Ock sometime in late 2024... which again is beyond stupid.

These figures should not be a 2-3 year preorder process to get them in-hand.
While I am sure some would read that as being "entitled", I am simply speaking from
a "realistic timeline" to get a mass-produced product from a company after you pre-order it.

Hell, even 3rd party companies are getting their product out faster than the snail that is Hot Toys.
Count yourself lucky. For some countries (I’m in Australia) it will be an even longer wait for this figure. HT will always be blasted for this because of their operation methods, they don’t do Hasbro numbers, because much of what they do can only be done by hand, it is not really what you would call mass produced but they are also now in the position of being a reasonably large and premier company and their runs are much higher than a third party company so it’s not really fair to compare. The other reason is they have these huge IP overlords in Disney and Warner to satisfy and seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place with pushing new product and then having to absolutely scramble to deliver.
And as we have all said many times the pandemic has his everyone really hard with costs, resourcing and delays. Not a HT apologist, they p*** me off as much as everyone else just trying to make sense of it all and just not worry about delays with my dollies.

Back