1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version) Coll

I remember the very first BD Mark III from HT ( which I own) came out fairly quickly after the first Mark III released

Maybe not months, but I think within a years time and then they just made BD an accessory with the regular versions until they made another BD version ..was it Mark VII?

Yeah, MKVII was the last standalone BD figure. However both the MKIII BD and MKVII BD were created long before HT exploded to the point it is now. They aren't just juggling the Core 6 anymore, now they're juggling multiple MCU movies and other franchises simultaneously. Their schedule's a lot more packed.

Re: Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version) Coll

Do you guys think he will get waitlisted out of the gate? It's still due for a 2021 release?

Yes and no. Day 1 sell out on bbts, but not sideshow. The likely advantage to the sideshow version is it will have the energy shield.

Yes and no. Day 1 sell out on bbts, but not sideshow. The likely advantage to the sideshow version is it will have the energy shield.

ah I'll be going with Sideshow cause I'll be dumping all my Reward points on this one and I want that energy shield lol.

Initial batch will likely get waitlisted within the first weeks. Then more will start being produced towards the end of 2021.

Taking into account inevitable pushbacks it's more likely this is looking at a 2022 release.

So do you think there's a good chance of him being in stock without PO? I was planning to accumulate more reward points for Sideshow, obviously the more free money I can put into it the better.

ah I'll be going with Sideshow cause I'll be dumping all my Reward points on this one and I want that energy shield lol.

So do you think there's a good chance of him being in stock without PO? I was planning to accumulate more reward points for Sideshow, obviously the more free money I can put into it the better.

That’s a great idea. I have a ton pending from my current orders. Once those are fulfilled I’ll have around $300. That’d be a good amount to apply to this. I expect this to be very popular tho regardless of price so don’t want to miss my chance. Unlikely it sells out during PO but just no way to know.

Tough who will go with

Will SSC have an NRD? Maybe go with them ..but I dont like the cancellation fee

I will at least put in a preorder with BBTS as I imagine this will be in the $450-500 range :slap

The release dates are so far apart that there's no real harm in grabbing both. Clean for displaying with the helmet and accessories, and BD for the Gauntlet pose.

The release dates are so far apart that there's no real harm in grabbing both. Clean for displaying with the helmet and accessories, and BD for the Gauntlet pose.

Because of costs..I’m going with this version

BD..showcases the very minimal weapons used in EG

BD..still comes with helmet

BD..Tony BD head with “ I am Iron Man “ expression

BD...Snap fingers and Nano infinity stone option

Pass on regular

Not enough screen time . Just flew around in time heist scene by the final battle, he was already BD

Pass on regular

Not enough screen time . Just flew around in time heist scene by the final battle, he was already BD

I hate you :) by reading your comment is making me evaluate to cancel the regular version

Pass on regular

He was pristine the entire movie, including the entire battle. Then he goes offscreen for a while, Thanos is fighting Captain Marvel, and he shows back up, fully battle damaged. They never showed his suit get damaged/run out of nanites like the 50, even though it did by the end. Also I wouldn’t really count that it includes the helmet as a pro, it isn’t bad that it comes with it but in Marvel Studio’s actual model of the BD suit it’s implied that the helmet just gets ripped off and he’s out of nanites (you can see the collar looks torn off) which is why he was never helmeted when battle damaged, and in turn why Hot Toy’s neck piece for it just looks like a standard neck piece shoved in the middle of a broken collar. So it doesn’t really work if you have him helmeted. Plus the pristine literally comes out a year earlier, so you could probably easily get both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pristine: Time travel heist, Hulk snap, 3v1 Thanos fight, back-to-back shot with Rescue

Battle damaged: Snap

Not saying one is better than the other at all, just wanted to point out that he was only BD for the snap and wasn’t even shown getting the damage.

He was pristine the entire movie, including the entire battle. Then he goes offscreen for a while, Thanos is fighting Captain Marvel, and he shows back up, fully battle damaged. They never showed his suit get damaged/run out of nanites like the 50, even though it did by the end. Also I wouldn’t really count that it includes the helmet as a pro, it isn’t bad that it comes with it but in Marvel Studio’s actual model of the BD suit it’s implied that the helmet just gets ripped off and he’s out of nanites (you can see the collar looks torn off) which is why he was never helmeted when battle damaged, and in turn why Hot Toy’s neck piece for it just looks like a standard neck piece shoved in the middle of a broken collar. So it doesn’t really work if you have him helmeted. Plus the pristine literally comes out a year earlier, so you could probably easily get both.

You need to seriously look at the bootleg YouTube footage. You are way off. Check the source . For one thing which still irks me, is the battle scene scenery is so dark and red that you can’t tell if the 85 looked pristine when he first attacked armored Thanos ..I’m guessing he had scruff and stains.

Again he only looked polished when he jumped from the building in the past and maybe when he had the Nano shield

Okay maybe with him and a rescue fighting, again the CG was moving too fast and when he said “ Hit me Thor “ it’s hard to tell if he was dirty or not

Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version) Collecti

You need to seriously look at the bootleg YouTube footage. You are way off. Check the source . For one thing which still irks me, is the battle scene scenery is so dark and red that you can’t tell if the 85 looked pristine when he first attacked armored Thanos ..I’m guessing he had scruff and stains.

Again he only looked polished when he jumped from the building in the past and maybe when he had the Nano shield

Okay maybe with him and a rescue fighting, again the CG was moving too fast and when he said “ Hit me Thor “ it’s hard to tell if he was dirty or not

Why would you go as far to say “you are way off” and then follow it up with essentially going “actually I’m not sure.” Here you go, the bootleg YouTube footage that I’ve seen 10 times already which you told me to watch: https://youtu.be/vGrFQagIt5Q. He‘s pristine for the whole time, then gains minuscule scuffs (akin to “weathering” included on any pristine Iron Man figure) during the battle, then goes offscreen. When he’s back, he’s about to take the stones, and his suit is completely battle damaged and trashed: https://youtu.be/XgN5XY2LkAI. His suit doesn’t take a single piece of physical damage onscreen, then returns at the end of the battle, out of nanites and a ripped off helmet, similar to what happened with the Mark 50 except it wasn’t shown onscreen. That’s exactly what I just said originally.

Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version) Collecti

The fact that you told ME to look at the footage again yet said “maybe” he was damaged when suiting up in HQ.
4bfaf7d91f19a18851e193494b13f897.jpg

I just watched the bad japanese rip. He is more or less undamaged until he tries to pick up the nano gauntlet, thanos hits him, then scuffles with captain marvel, then we see iron man looking at dr. strange with his 1 chance gesture, at this point the suit is pretty scuffed up, so that 1 hit from thanos must have been pretty significant.

I just watched the bad japanese rip. He is more or less undamaged until he tries to pick up the nano gauntlet, thanos hits him, then scuffles with captain marvel, then we see iron man looking at dr. strange with his 1 chance gesture, at this point the suit is pretty scuffed up, so that 1 hit from thanos must have been pretty significant.

Maybe..again the setting was so dark it’s hard to tell ..that’s my gripe I had with the battle scene. I thought when he hugged Peter, it was BD :dunno

Hopefully they get preorders up soon.

RDJ said this suit was made to not protect him as much as the 50 but mostly just make sure it had the weapons to stop Thanos. Might be why he crumbled easily

RDJ said this suit was made to not protect him as much as the 50 but mostly just make sure it had the weapons to stop Thanos. Might be why he crumbled easily

I'm not sure that was what he was implying when he said that. It was more along the lines of "the 85 had no hope of protecting Tony from the Snap's effects", whereas the Nanogauntlet was at the very least able to mitigate the damage to Hulk. So the Nanogauntlet was designed to shield the user from the Snap's energy, but the base 85 gauntlet wasn't.

85 had just as many defenses as 50, including an upgrade to the latter's shield in the form of the energy shield and a bulkier frame. When you consider that 85 is the result of 35 separate improvements to 50's chestpiece, making it weaker makes no sense. It just had less screentime - put 85 in 50's place in IW and it would do just as fine if not better.

That’s more of a literary interpretation, in canon the suit is his most advanced. Obviously lol.

I'm not sure that was what he was implying when he said that. It was more along the lines of "the 85 had no hope of protecting Tony from the Snap's effects", whereas the Nanogauntlet was at the very least able to mitigate the damage to Hulk. So the Nanogauntlet was designed to shield the user from the Snap's energy, but the base 85 gauntlet wasn't.

85 had just as many defenses as 50, including an upgrade to the latter's shield in the form of the energy shield and a bulkier frame. When you consider that 85 is the result of 35 separate improvements to 50's chestpiece, making it weaker makes no sense. It just had less screentime - put 85 in 50's place in IW and it would do just as fine if not better.

Didn’t the 85 phase through solid objects

Back