Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that the 3D effect is not great. Objects coming out of the screen towards the audience are almost non existent and the depth is only average. I'll be seeing it in 2D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that the 3D effect is not great. Objects coming out of the screen towards the audience are almost non existent and the depth is only average. I'll be seeing it in 2D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Wow I would've figured the 3D would be intense for this movie. All the jumping, flipping, explosions,etc

But I guess they figured there would be a lot of talking scenes so good 3D shots would be a waste.:lecture

4jGpzxG.gif

Imax 3D was really awesome. The 3D wasn't ridiculous and there were several scenes that it really worked for the movie. I'm going to see it in regular large format tomorrow.

Hate 3D. Always gives me a headache. And the picture is tinted.

I'm probably butchering this but my understanding was that the 3d movies need to be darker to maximize the 3d effect. Overall this movie is fairly bright but I remember seeing some of the Hobbit movies that were already really dark and some of the picture was very hard to see.

Imax 3D was really awesome. The 3D wasn't ridiculous and there were several scenes that it really worked for the movie. I'm going to see it in regular large format tomorrow.
Good to hear. I was starting to doubt my decision to see it in IMAX 3D in Somerville tomorrow morning ha

Good to hear. I was starting to doubt my decision to see it in IMAX 3D in Somerville tomorrow morning ha

I didn't know there was an IMAX in Somerville! I saw it at the AMC at the Common on Monday and that's such an awful theater to get to.

I usually go to the Regal Fenway, the matinees there tend to be empty and they have that large format screen.

I didn't know there was an IMAX in Somerville! I saw it at the AMC at the Common on Monday and that's such an awful theater to get to.

I usually go to the Regal Fenway, the matinees there tend to be empty and they have that large format screen.
I had no idea they had one either ha but I guess Assembly Row is all fancy. It was the earliest showing around that I could find. Then after my kid gets out of school, taking him to see it on a regular format screen in Woburn.

I'll have to check Fenway out sometime...sounds pretty sweet. Did you get a poster at the Common?

I had no idea they had one either ha but I guess Assembly Row is all fancy. It was the earliest showing around that I could find. Then after my kid gets out of school, taking him to see it on a regular format screen in Woburn.

I'll have to check Fenway out sometime...sounds pretty sweet. Did you get a poster at the Common?

That burger place in that new plaza is really good, I forget the name of it but definitely get yourself a chocolate shake haha.

Nah, no poster for me. I got there at 5pm for a 7pm showing because it wasn't guaranteed entry so once the end credits were done I got out of there. It may be horrible but I can't stand some of these people that come to these things so I was ready to murder by the time the movie was over. It's like people right out of Cambridge who refuse to shower or use deodorant, haven't washed their hair in years and wear horribly ill-fitting shirts that don't leave anything to the imagination.

That burger place in that new plaza is really good, I forget the name of it but definitely get yourself a chocolate shake haha.

Nah, no poster for me. I got there at 5pm for a 7pm showing because it wasn't guaranteed entry so once the end credits were done I got out of there. It may be horrible but I can't stand some of these people that come to these things so I was ready to murder by the time the movie was over. It's like people right out of Cambridge who refuse to shower or use deodorant, haven't washed their hair in years and wear horribly ill-fitting shirts that don't leave anything to the imagination.
Hahahaha I work in Cambridge so I know what you mean. I nearly went to a showing tonight but hope it'll be less crazy tomorrow morning.

Just got home from seeing it in IMAX 3d... Was my first imax 3d movie, and I must say it was quite difficult to adjust to it at first.

ANYWAY... What a movie! But like everyone else is saying, Its pretty obvious a lot was taken out.

Also:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just got home from seeing it in IMAX 3d... Was my first imax 3d movie, and I must say it was quite difficult to adjust to it at first.

ANYWAY... What a movie! But like everyone else is saying, Its pretty obvious a lot was taken out.

Also:
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn... Must have missed that... Good thing i'm seeing it again in the morning.

Cool :hi5:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back