Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is actually his 2nd form. It doesn't look like something for combat, more like his planning stage. This is the body he will use throughout the film and then later is forced to upgrade to something more durable, which we haven't seen yet. I doubt there would be any promotion depicting the final form

That will depend though. Ultron doesn't always get down and dirty when the fighting starts. He's the type to nonchalantly gloat with his head held high, contemplating the end of humanity as heroes try to break through his defenses. Even with a "slender" figure, he's often depicted as simply being SO technologically-advanced that his body is strong enough to withstand the likes of Hulk and Thor. Also, this version is big and bulky enough that I see him easily going toe to toe against Thor or even Hulk(did you see how big this form looked in the trailer? he looked pretty intimidating given the overall build and height).

It's pretty much the closest we've gotten to a "movie-styled" modern Ultron without turning him into a Hulkbuster-sized monstrosity; which would just be plain horrible and I hope to god that won't ever happen. I'd rather this be the final form than anything else, it's big, it's bulky, it's very modern and it looks humanoid enough to still hold the resemblance to many of Ultron's design. The Ultron drones barely look covered and don't look nearly as beefed up as this one, and it makes sense for Ultron to adopt a more techno-organic aesthetic given that he treats himself less as a weapon and more of a new being of his own. Contrast this to Iron Man where Iron Man simply looks like a suit of armor, whereas this looks like a living, "breathing", sentient life-form.

Kinda related but I'm s psyched to see Hawkeye's future wife and Avenger finally being fully realized. Bobbi and Clint ftw!

37072745b915f76cb4b6950d315f8df1.jpg

At this point I think I really only want Vision and Hawkeye (since I never got him the first time around). I would like a new Cap to replace my first Avenger one but will only switch it out if I can sell mine for a fair price and use those funds. Hulkbuster would be awesome to get but probably a bit unrealistic in terms of space and price. For some reason, I have yet to pick up any of the villains but want them. Ultron may be my first is he is awesome.

I know folks seem worried that Ultron's final form might not be intimidating enough, but based on the trailer, Ultron looks like he's gonna be monstrous in terms of size and overall build for a humanoid bot.

Here's a little edit I made. Obviously unconfirmed but judging by what we saw in the trailer, I think it's a fair approximation:
Tx5N5uz.png

Now, just imagine that as a HT figure in your collection..... YEAH. :thud:

I'm gonna have Ultron standing right next to Mr. Slattery on my villain shelf. Slattery will just babble and fart at Ultron and make drunken soccer references until Ultron decides to just leave this one human alone.

Seriously--I am super looking forward to the eventual Hot Toys Ultron figure. And I will pay whatever I have to pay to get it. Hopefully it won't break my wallet, but the blow will be cushioned by the fact that other than Ultron I'll only be picking up two or three other figures from that movie at most.

I wonder how the Avengers will attempt to defeat him? It would be nice if they used their heads and kept in mind that he's an AI program, not flesh and blood. Malware, nanotech, EMP bursts--these are your first options, not brute force. (Of course, William Shatner could just talk Ultron into exploding, but only Shatner has that power. )

I know folks seem worried that Ultron's final form might not be intimidating enough, but based on the trailer, Ultron looks like he's gonna be monstrous in terms of size and overall build for a humanoid bot.

Here's a little edit I made. Obviously unconfirmed but judging by what we saw in the trailer, I think it's a fair approximation:
Tx5N5uz.png

Spader confirmed at SDCC that Ultron is 8 ft. tall.

I wonder how the Avengers will attempt to defeat him? It would be nice if they used their heads and kept in mind that he's an AI program, not flesh and blood. Malware, nanotech, EMP bursts--these are your first options, not brute force. (Of course, William Shatner could just talk Ultron into exploding, but only Shatner has that power. )

Either it's gonna be some really obviously horrible plot device, or they'll actually try to do something interesting by crippling Ultron's fundamental thinking through some philosophical "paradox" in his design (ahem). Personally, I like the "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" cartoon route, it's one of most profound ways that Ultron has ever been defeated and it really speaks of his hatred towards humanity to the point that he'd shut himself down after recognizing that those very same flaws are a part of him. It's a loophole that makes sense, and while the movie doesn't have to follow that plot in its entirety, it'd be interesting for them to attempt a less obvious solution than the typical blockbuster finale of simply bashing the bad guy into tiny bits.

Spader confirmed at SDCC that Ultron is 8 ft. tall.

Awesome! Adjusted the photo accordingly:
rKJmOBb.png

It got BETTER. :thud:

I'm gonna have Ultron standing right next to Mr. Slattery on my villain shelf. Slattery will just babble and fart at Ultron and make drunken soccer references until Ultron decides to just leave this one human alone.

Seriously--I am super looking forward to the eventual Hot Toys Ultron figure. And I will pay whatever I have to pay to get it. Hopefully it won't break my wallet, but the blow will be cushioned by the fact that other than Ultron I'll only be picking up two or three other figures from that movie at most.

The thing about A1 is that after the Chitauri arrived no one cared about Loki anymore, plus... Tony alone with the MKVII could have sent him to oblivion...

I expect Ultron to be the center of attention all the time in this movie, I want too see all the Avengers trying to kill him and failing over and over again.

Tx5N5uz.png

I'm gonna put a red cape on him to make him look like a real boss

Last edited:
Really glad this leaked early. My 3rd grader has to memorize and recite an 8 line poem in class tomorrow. Timing could not have been better.

no strings poem.jpg

Thats really awesome, although you should probably point out that the song is from Disney's Pinocchio originally. Joss Whedon isn't the actual author.

10449473_741297425908588_4522408883996309593_n.jpg
10372524_741297439241920_8773513553111633469_n.jpg
Am I alone in wanting an AOU Ultron HT figure?
(Originally, I told myself most likely I'd be (trying to cut back on money) bypassing AOU HT series..but now..
I've underestimated myself..)
B0k8LSxCMAAuRJ0.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_ndvc8nT6RP1qfwheqo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ndvc8nT6RP1qfwheqo1_500.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 858
Yeahh... the past couple of pages have been pretty much half Hulkbuster, half Ultron talk.

Ultron is probably going to be the last MCU character I'll buy from HT. After that, I'm done with the MCU. :clap

Yeahh... the past couple of pages have been pretty much half Hulkbuster, half Ultron talk.

Ultron is probably going to be the last MCU character I'll buy from HT. After that, I'm done with the MCU. :clap

Yeah and it also depends on what version of Ultron it is, the price too.

Back