Attn: Custom Artists!! Newbs, ask Questions here!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be doable.

I'd suggest drawing up a template on some thin paper for your mask first. Then get yourself some milliput- white is better its finer, easier to work with. Once you've got a small amount of your putty mixed together roll it out so its flat. Then get your template and use a pin and carefully poke into the clay ever so gently so that you get the shape of the mask.

Lift your paper off and with a sharp knife/ scalpel exacto ( whatever) you can cut your mask to shape. What you do then is lift this up gently ( slide a thin blade underneath carefully ) and then transfer this to the face, pushing it gently onto the area you want to cover. You can smooth this with water when you've put it where you want it. When it is dry you can carve or sand the shape until you're happy with it.

All that is left is to sit back and admire your work . :)

I'd sculpt it myself (I've got plenty of green stuff and milliput), but I'm not particularly good at sculpting, I know i'd end up just buggering it up and making my custom look like poo.

So I'd rather go with it being done by a sculptor

Sorry, this question isn't about making customs but I've made an operating for my leatherface figure and I was wondering whether i should post it Customs or the horror section? :S

I'd sculpt it myself (I've got plenty of green stuff and milliput), but I'm not particularly good at sculpting, I know i'd end up just buggering it up and making my custom look like poo.

So I'd rather go with it being done by a sculptor

well, if you're interested I could give it a go for you ?

Hey guys, LOVE this thread! So much great info here!

I've been a collector (Sideshow and others) for many, many years. Additionally I used to be a recreational/novice sculptor back when I was a young'un. But for some reason, I'd never specifically matched my obsession to my hobby before. Not sure why exactly. Odd, that.

Anyhow, I've finally got a project in mind that would marry the two. One I haven't really seen elsewhere on the boards. So I was hoping for some advice/guidance.

Here was my problem: When I received my Exclusive Indiana Jones Raiders PF I realized that I now had a spectacular second head sculpt ... and no way to display it!

My solution: Create a kind of hybrid PF BUST!

Essentially, what I want to make is a bust base that matches the style of the Sideshow statue's base with a torso that I can plug the extra (unhatted) Sideshow portrait into.

Nifty idea, right? (I'm even planning to embed some magnets to keep everything nice and snug!)

Now I should be able to handle the sculpting -- it's basically rocks and vines and such. (No faces, thank God!) But I am totally stumped on where to find a shirt and shoulder bag for the 1/4 scale figure. I've written to Sideshow and didn't get much of a response other than the standard boilerplate ... "thanks for your interest" e-mail.

Does anybody make Indy's shirt and bag in that scale? (I want to do just shirt and bag for the bust. No jacket.)

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am LOVING this thread. It had a lot of great information! I'm glad you guys started this thread, just a lot of good info.

I do have a general question. I would REALLY like to get a beautiful sideshowtoy Aragorn, that has been customized to look better.

I tried the WTB section, but got no response. Can anyone on this tread give me a suggestion of WHO on this board does great custom Aragorn work please? It is my DREAM to have a beautiful Aragorn from LotR sideshow Aragorn customized for AWESOMENESS! haha

Thanks friends!

Chuck

Can anyone recommend a good, moderately priced set of paints in UK to paint 1/6 with?

Preferably an eBay link. I would like to get started, but want a good set to see what I am capable of.

Ta.

I think you're british pounds are like twice my measly canadian dollars, I just bought a heap of killer paints and brushes from megahoddy.com for $200.00.
They accept Paypal aswell.
https://www.megahobby.com

Last edited:
How do i drill heads in sculpts? do i do anything special?

You need a dremel. start with a narrow hole and gradually widen and deepen. I suggest you keep the body near you and check the depth frequently once you get close to your target, otherwise you can go too deeply.

Would a SS Stormtrooper bodysuit fit a normal Pro without tearing from posing?

Back