Attempt to enlarge a 1/6 head to 1/4 : First 1/4 scale head casted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty cool, hope it works out. I have some three stooges sculpts that I need to shrink down to 1/6.

I used hydrospan 400/ hydroshrink for that and it works great:
a32321c7.jpg

Really cool idea I had no idea how this would turn out..pretty well so far I'd say

He is not that different from the original sculpt, but I agree is looses the Chris Evans look. I think it is more an issue of certain features being enlarged more that gives him a bigger jaw. A bit steroid like.

I am still going to finish him because I think it still works as a Rogers head, just not movie accurate.

Not that the original Neca head was perfect either, lol.

Last edited:
Here you go, he looks I bit roided/ hulked:
null-16.jpg

The original head isn't a perfect Chris Evans either, but he has much softer features.
Well, at least this thread is available as a "how to" and what to expect when you enlarge a head with hydrospan. :)

I think the strong features would be less if I would have left the head in the water longer.
But then the whole head would be too big for the scale.
The smallest features grow first and then it expands from the center outwards because it is the thickest/ most dense there.

I hope this helps anyone in the future:1-1:

I will post the final painted version to conclude the whole process. I am not a good painter though, so cut me some slack ;)

Last edited:
Here you go, he looks I bit roided/ hulked:
null-16.jpg

The original head isn't a perfect Chris Evans either, but he has much softer features.
Well, at least this thread is available as a "how to" and what to expect when you enlarge a head with hydrospan. :)

I think the strong features would be less if I would have left the head in the water longer.
But then the whole head would be too big for the scale.
The smallest features grow first and then it expands from the center outwards because it is the thickest/ most dense there.

I hope this helps anyone in the future:1-1:

I will post the final painted version to conclude the whole process. I am not a good painter though, so cut me some slack ;)

Isn't the one to the left a recast ?

Regarding the parts of an item that grow (or shrink) faster than others--I read somewhere that the way to even up the expansion (or reduction) is to take out the item from the water at the appropriate time, then put in a plastic bag for a while. The water distributes itself evenly through the whole part, giving an accurate copy.

Back