Attakus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vespagirl

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the price point on Attakus is so flippin-flappin' high?:confused:

Because the French drink too much wine and make some bad calls on pricing. And I buy them because I drink too much beer and make some bad calls in buying. :monkey4

is attakus even licensed? plus the look of the statues are wierd IMO. i think its the eyes. maybe im jealous because they are to expensive, but i dont think so. i really want to get some just because i cant afford them.

DannieDarKo said:
Because the French drink too much wine and make some bad calls on pricing. And I buy them because I drink too much beer and make some bad calls in buying. :monkey4

well, I know the first part of your post is correct. I wondered myself why they were so high. They look nice, but not worth $400 per figure.

I have the yellowe DareDevil and it is great! But most of them are too high for me to consider. I also usually go with another company if somebody else has done a certain piece

sonolimy said:
is attakus even licensed? plus the look of the statues are wierd IMO. i think its the eyes. maybe im jealous because they are to expensive, but i dont think so. i really want to get some just because i cant afford them.

Yes they are, and a lot has to do with LFL messing with the sculpts for some strange reason.

Because we changed the name to "Freedom Fries"
freedomfries.jpg

And Danny drinks too much beer!!!!

their human likeness is horrible imo. but 'some' of their alien/helmeted statues are decent.

Not my cup of tea, I'll stick with GG or SS.

Last edited:
Japan based? thought they were French. anyway, someone explained to me that their stuff is so expensive because most/all are made of porcelain. i never could understand their price points either

Where is all this "is Attkus licensed stuff coming from"? IMO they have made some of the greatest star wars statues ever: Vader 1, Emperor, Red Royal guard, Yoda 1, etc These guys have been making SW statue for a while now so I guess they are doing something right. It is no doubt that some of the human likeness is not the best but some of this has to do with Lucas and not strictly Attakus.

As for the price point yeah they are a little more expensive, but if they make a character you like they are worth it. I only have Yoda 2 and it is my favorite statue that I own. Most new releases can be found for cheaper then retail. They only make 1500 of each SW statue so I suppose that accounts for some of the high price point.

Last edited:
They are more expensive because they are not hollow? I dunno, maybe that's it! Hahaha!

I love them and yeah, the human likeness is off but some of that is due to LFL. I'm not collecting the humans anyway so that's all fine. I hope Attakus comes to SDCC so they start getting recognition and collectors can finally see these in person. That would probably sway more of us.

Didn't they also change the pose of the upcoming sandtrooper because of LFL. I thought when they previewed it, it had a different pose. Also, I really like all of attakus' non human statues. Their Chewbacca in my opinion is the best one out there.

from now on,
whenever you think a figure or collectible is too highly priced, or inflated.
say,
"that figure is a bit attakus, don't ya think?"

Attakus (ah-tae-kus): inflated price of a fine collectible

sunohc said:
from now on,
whenever you think a figure or collectible is too highly priced, or inflated.
say,
"that figure is a bit attakus, don't ya think?"

Attakus (ah-tae-kus): inflated price of a fine collectible

Love it! Perhaps you need to add this to UrbanDictionary.com! :lol

I'm an Attakus Collector, I can deffinately say their statues are great... the human characters are a bit off but not that off... I think the 2 worst resemblances are Luke X-Wing Pilot and Obi-Wan Kenobi, the rest... Han Solo, Slave Leia and Padmé are well done, especially the Padmé from EP II... and yes I agree, the Chewbacca statue they made is the best one out there.:chew

Back