Attack of the Show - Olivia Munn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and I would just like to say that my wife is very jealous of Olivia. She hates it when I watch Attack of the Show because she thinks I just watch it for Olivia Munn (she especially hates her cause she's Asian, and she Knew I was only into Asian women back in the day). This is not intirely true, I do watch it for tech stuff. But I have noticed when Olivia is off for whateva reason I do get a little dissapointed.

Kevin is dorky but funny, I went to high school with him and he was pretty much the same back then as you see on the show. That being said I've only seen G4 a handful of times and I can't stand to watch AOTS for more than 3 minutes.

Other than the news, AOTS is one show that I pretty much watch daily. It's gret filler if you're doing other stuff. I like to put it on and read comics or play online and if it ends, I just let it repeat.

I'm surprised at all the negativity that G4 and AOTS is getting, because I don't get how anyone couldn't like the only channel geared towards geeks like myself. :confused::confused:

I'm surprised at all the negativity that G4 and AOTS is getting, because I don't get how anyone couldn't like the only channel geared towards geeks like myself. :confused::confused:

It's because G4 used to be so much better than what it is now. Google "G4 tv schedule" and take a look at their daily programming. Take a look. Seriously, go.

A few years ago, there was, on top of AOTS (then known as The ScreenSavers) and X-Play, a greater variety of shows available. Shows with actual worth. Arena, Filter, Cheat!, Cinematech, Electric Playground, Icons, all catered around gaming and tech enthusiast stuff. I used to watch the shows at night because I couldn't catch them during the day.

Granted, the economy had a hand in making G4 what it is now. Thank goodness X-Play is still around.

It's because G4 used to be so much better than what it is now. Google "G4 tv schedule" and take a look at their daily programming. Take a look. Seriously, go.

A few years ago, there was, on top of AOTS (then known as The ScreenSavers) and X-Play, a greater variety of shows available. Shows with actual worth. Arena, Filter, Cheat!, Cinematech, Electric Playground, all catered around gaming and tech enthusiast stuff. I used to watch the shows at night because I couldn't catch them during the day.

Granted, the economy had a hand in making G4 what it is now. Thank goodness X-Play is still around.

I remember those shows and I thought screen savers was when it was techtv, not G4. I didn't like the switch either and actually boycotted for a little bit till I realized it meant either watch what was available or don't watch anything. Now I've gotten used to it and only show I watch is aots and xplay and sdcc coverage along with e3 coverage. Left with my only geek fix as sits,I will settle.

I remember those shows and I thought screen savers was when it was techtv, not G4. I didn't like the switch either and actually boycotted for a little bit till I realized it meant either watch what was available or don't watch anything. Now I've gotten used to it and only show I watch is aots and xplay and sdcc coverage along with e3 coverage. Left with my only geek fix as sits,I will settle.

I guess it's okay. I mean, who has the time nowadays to sit around and watch a dozen different shows?

Well, I can marathon Ninja Warrior on a lazy day.

Well, I think the thing for me is, I would love to watch shows ABOUT comics, and about toys, and about games. I dont want to watch actual tv shows....esp the ones they have.

Thats my issue with G4. And i'll only watch it when they have something new and exciting. However the SDCC coverage is pretty cool. I always watch that.

Hate to burst your bubble here but both Playboy and Olivia Munn's representatives were openly promoting this as a photoshoot, its classified as a pictorial in their magazine on their site and while there is only one shot or maybe two in the actual magazine, there are 15 shots exclusive to their site which was thought to be done to boost their digital readership. Unlike Jessica Alba or Paris Hilton where the Playboy folks bought the photo and stuck it on their cover, this was a non-nude photoshoot done by photographer Steve Shaw for Playboy specifically. Even if they used all 15 photos and had 15 pages of Olivia Munn it still wouldn't count as a real Playboy spread but its legit as far as both parties are concerned.

Not really bursting my bubble but I only see one shot of her in the magazine, now if she has more pictures on Playboy's cyber cafe, that's my bad, really don't check in on it. From what I see the one photo in the magazine is similar to what other semi actress's have done, something sexy with some text. Playboy isn't what it used to be for sure and putting non-nudes in the magazine is trying to keep readership if the "model" is popular enough. Time are tough I guess for them.

Evan

A few years ago, there was, on top of AOTS (then known as The ScreenSavers) and X-Play, a greater variety of shows available. Shows with actual worth. Arena, Filter, Cheat!, Cinematech, Electric Playground, Icons, all catered around gaming and tech enthusiast stuff. I used to watch the shows at night because I couldn't catch them during the day.

You forgot my two favorite old shows, G4TV.com and Judgment Day. :D
I used to watch it at night too, so much better then the infomercials on at late night (it was also before I had a DVR). And X-Play went to s^^^ after they changed to the current format, the humor was what made that show fun. I still watch it, but it's just not as good as it was.

Back