Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toast, Save Revelations till tomorrow when i get it! We can converse !

I might. I could easily just play Skyrim til tomorrow. If you really wanted me to wait I could just play the online mode, since I do have some Animus Edition exclusive characters to show off :yess:

I've got the encyclopedia coming from ubisoft so I'm looking forward to that. I will also be going to pick this up at midnight along with Halo CE.

Got the 'tutorial part' of the story out of the way and I have a few thoughts to share, and I'll try not to spoil anything.

Firstly, I tried this out on my 3D TV, and the 3D is actually very nice. It adds a real nice depth to cities, and the cinematic counter attacks look that tiny bit more cool too.

I'm loving the approach they've taken for the story in this game, first thought when seeing it was negative but after playing it for a bit I've grown to like it a lot. There is also a chase in the early stages of the game, all I'm going to say on that is that I had fun!

Now, back to Skyrim for a bit me-thinks :)

Got the 'tutorial part' of the story out of the way and I have a few thoughts to share, and I'll try not to spoil anything.

Firstly, I tried this out on my 3D TV, and the 3D is actually very nice. It adds a real nice depth to cities, and the cinematic counter attacks look that tiny bit more cool too.

I'm loving the approach they've taken for the story in this game, first thought when seeing it was negative but after playing it for a bit I've grown to like it a lot. There is also a chase in the early stages of the game, all I'm going to say on that is that I had fun!

Now, back to Skyrim for a bit me-thinks :)
Does it play any different to Brotherhood mate?

Got this game last night and played for about 30 minutes. Gosh! Need to re-adjust to AC controls after playing Arkham City and Uncharted 3..

I know! After playing Arkham City for a long while I decided to replay through Assassin's Creed, II, and Brotherhood to get re-familiar with the story and controls.

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of Desmond and Ezio's new look...to me Desmond looks nothing like Desmond anymore and Ezio looks off to me...I mean I know he's supposed to be old, but to me ot doesn't look like him at all...anyone else playing the game feel the same way?

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of Desmond and Ezio's new look...to me Desmond looks nothing like Desmond anymore and Ezio looks off to me...I mean I know he's supposed to be old, but to me ot doesn't look like him at all...anyone else playing the game feel the same way?

I don't have the game, but in the commercials I felt Ezio looks more middle eastern than Italian. But I also feel Ezio's face has looked kind of different in each game. So far, Desmond looks the same to me, but more mature and battle-ready.

every game they adjust desmonds face, its like the longer hes in the animus the more is structure changes, :lol i blame it on game graphics getting better every game, no biggie to me

Played some of the story last night. Its pretty good so far and as beautiful to look at as ever. Also tried out some of the MP for this game. Just deathmatch which is what I played on brotherhood but this time the maps are smaller which is ok.

Completed it earlier this evening. The face's dont look at all like they should!

Few things i dislike such as i never EVER got to ride a horse (wtf?!) or a boat i got to control myself!

The game feels so incomplete and short.

However there is so very cool moments that come later on. But as its a new game i wont go into it.

I have been playing this with the TriOrviz 3D mode on (glasses came with Arkham Asylum) and it is a bit dark but the 3D rendering gives the game (to me) a cool scope. I have been doing nothing but death matches today and the death shots look awesome.

i just bought me a pair of these trioviz 3d glasses for 30 bucks shipped from amazon, the reviews werent too bad and for the price i guess its worth a shot, you can also play arkham city and asylum with these too. as for ac:r i just started playing last night and its awesome so far.

I have been playing this with the TriOrviz 3D mode on (glasses came with Arkham Asylum) and it is a bit dark but the 3D rendering gives the game (to me) a cool scope. I have been doing nothing but death matches today and the death shots look awesome.

Completed the game a few days ago. I have mixed feelings about this game. It feels like they took a few steps forward, and then a few steps back.

Some SPOILERS so skip in you haven't completed the game
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ezio has aged obviously. Old, battle-weary and tired, so naturally the boyish features we remember from AC2 and Brotherhood are gone. I still see the same look in the eyes, but the thick beard and such show he has aged.

Agree about Desmond. Looks like they've refined some of the graphics, I still recognize him.

I haven't finished the story but I think this game was essentially Ubisoft's send-off and "thank you" to Ezio. With this character and support of the fans, Assassin's Creed finally took off. Ubisoft took all the feedback from AC1 and topped it all with AC2. They tried some new things with Brotherhood but it solidified that they finally had a formula and character that they were happy with.

Revelations is the final chapter for Ezio, so naturally this is a good-bye to the character that has made the AC franchise what it is the past couple years. Ubisoft as usual also tries some different and fresh things, like the den defense, but also lacked others (like the wolf den and assassin tomb mazes and the puzzles) yet I feel "ok" with it. I LIKE that they are trying these new scenarios as it adds some freshness to the gameplay, and if it works..it'll get praise, if it doesn't, then you know Ubisoft will refine or remove it in the next entry. No harm, no foul. In some sense I think Ubisoft shows that they also were ready to close Ezio's chapter and also this "style" of Assassin's Creed. And who knows what's in store for us next? People say it's more of the same, but I think of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations as AC2.1 and AC2.2, continuations of the same gameplay and story and not "true sequels" much like Assassin's Creed 3 will be.

Still not done, but loving every minute I play. Assassin's Creed has the most intriguing story I've seen in a video game in years. The revelations in AC2 blew my mind (aka "The Truth"), AC:B continued that and I'm sure AC:R wraps it for a little while. We'll see what's next!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Don't you unlock the locations on the map the more viewpoints you synchronise? I might be wrong, but I seem to remember they started showing up for me as I did that.

Back