Media Assassin's Creed Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Assassin's Creed "Empire" 2017

In what way? Templars wouldn't achive anything during that period.
What an odd thing to say :D
Civil unrest, warring kings and political machinations ARE the backbone of the AC stories.

This does not feel like AC combat. It looks boring now.

The combat system looks lame. And Ezio would absolutely wipe the floor with those enemies in record time. Smoke bombs, poison darts, or a quick evade, followed by an assassin's blade to a neck. I really hate what this series has become...

They're tryin' to make it more like an action RPG.
Unfortunately they have no idea how to make ARPG. :lol

I'd actually love an AC game that plays like Dark Souls but with freerun and stuff.

The combat system looks lame. And Ezio would absolutely wipe the floor with those enemies in record time. Smoke bombs, poison darts, or a quick evade, followed by an assassin's blade to a neck. I really hate what this series has become...

They're tryin' to make it more like an action RPG.
Unfortunately they have no idea how to make ARPG. [emoji38]

I'd actually love an AC game that plays like Dark Souls but with freerun and stuff.
Yeah but if they did that, everyone would be complaining that they didn't change anything and it's a giant rehash. So what's it going to be? That's the problem Ubisoft has. They can't win here.

Yeah but if they did that, everyone would be complaining that they didn't change anything and it's a giant rehash. So what's it going to be? That's the problem Ubisoft has. They can't win here.

Maybe when no matter what you plan to do people are unhappy with your game, it's time to stop milking the franchise to death and move onto something else?

The best Assassin's Creed game I've played since AC2 was Shadow of Mordor.

Well apparently people who had been Ubisoft employees and worked on AC2 claimed that SOM had animations that they built for AC2 in it.

Well apparently people who had been Ubisoft employees and worked on AC2 claimed that SOM had animations that they built for AC2 in it.

Oh I know, SoM is what would happen if Assassin's Creed and Arkham Asylum had a baby during their honeymoon trip in Mordor. But it doesn't mean it can't be better than the franchise it spawned from, especially when said franchise has completely jumped the shark story-wise and is getting very stale even on gameplay.

This guy has somehow mistakenly found himself in the wrong game. Seriously.

Actual stealth has never really been a part of AC unless the mission auto fails for not doing things as intended. You've always just been able to blow straight through everything and instant counter kill everyone in sight.

I don't mind that this game has a more Conan action RPG-lite feel. It'll be different and unique.
Wouldn't want every AC game moving forward to use this system though.

Finally played AC 1 on the xbox one. I've heard that the series really got good with AC2, but glad I played it first. AC2 is a huge jump forward in terms of, well, everything! I've always been curious as to the one in England circa 1890 or whatnot, but gonna play these in order.

Last edited:
Finally played AC 1 on the xbox one. I've heard that the series really got good with AC2, but glad I played it first. AC2 is a huge jump forward in terms of, well, everything! I've always been curious as to the one in England circa 1890 or whatnot, but gonna play these in order.

Didn't even realise you could play AC1 on the current gen systems! That's gotta feel old and clunky now.

The good new is you're now only 4 games away from the Caribbean and Edward Kenway! :D

Didn't even realise you could play AC1 on the current gen systems! That's gotta feel old and clunky now.

The good new is you're now only 4 games away from the Caribbean and Edward Kenway! :D

Yeah, love the backwards compat on xbox one. Controls on AC1 were ok. Got used to it fast. AC2 feels similar but less clunky.....

See the Skull & Bones thread. Its happening!

Yeah, it's nothing like it. You can't get off your ship and explore Islands, go treasure hunting, harpooning etc. It's just a watered down version of AC4 that focuses on naval combat only.

Boring.

Sea of Thieves is where it's at.

Back