Media Assassin's Creed Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Assassin's Creed "Empire" 2017

Nothing really new except now it's in Egypt. Same formula different setting. Copy-paste gameplay and just added few things. I thought they took the year off to revamp this franchise. Feeling disappointed.

That might be the best statue I've ever seen.
PS4 and Xbox versions already sold out from the Australian/NZ Ubisoft store. Bummer.

Sold out in u.s. store too

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't understand why they still refuse to do the number one theme that's been requested, feudal Japan.....talk about a perfect AC setting.

I don't understand why they still refuse to do the number one theme that's been requested, feudal Japan.....talk about a perfect AC setting.

Definitely odd. I clearly remember it as far back as Assassins Creed 1 and fans believing that the scribbles on Demond's cell wall indicated Japan.
I remember some interview with one of the developers a while back that said even internally, they are kind of baffled by the head honcho's lack of appetite for Japan.

I've also been really disappointed that some potentially AMAZING locations - China, India, Russia - all got done in those quick throw away side scrolling Assassins Creed games. Why would you do those amazing locations in the full games?

This video shows me two things:
a) There is almost no innovation at all in this game. I was very surprised that other than the bird, it just seems to play like Assassins Creed 3.
b) I don't care, I loved the frontier wild of AC3 and I'll play the hell out of this :D

I hate to say it - but how much do people want to change Assassin's Creed? How far until it isn't the series anymore? I've said it before and I'll say it again, a 'bad' AC game is still generally a pretty good game, it just doesn't live up to the predecessors. And what is this game? It's taking the core concept and adding​ requested:
-Improved exploration including full underwater navigation, sailing, and multiple cities
-Thorough RPG style leveling system

All the series really needs is something like Shadow of Mordor's nemesis system.

And it's all made by the team that made what is considered the second if not the best AC game, Black Flag. How different do people expect AC to be 10 years later and over 10 games later? Almost every series loses it's oomph at this point. You come to play this type of game at this point - people come to play Mortal Kombat XYZ at this point. They come to play the 15th Final Fantasy at this point. People copy these games sorts of games at this point. Perhaps I'm not innovative enough, but I don't know -what- they could do to overhaul the game and still make it AC, you know?

I hate to say it - but how much do people want to change Assassin's Creed? How far until it isn't the series anymore? I've said it before and I'll say it again, a 'bad' AC game is still generally a pretty good game, it just doesn't live up to the predecessors. And what is this game? It's taking the core concept and adding​ requested:
-Improved exploration including full underwater navigation, sailing, and multiple cities

All the series really needs is something like Shadow of Mordor's nemesis system.

And it's all made by the team that made what is considered the second if not the best AC game, Black Flag. How different do people expect AC to be 10 years later and over 10 games later? Almost every series loses it's oomph at this point. You come to play this type of game at this point - people come to play Mortal Kombat XYZ at this point. They come to play the 15th Final Fantasy at this point. People copy these games sorts of games at this point. Perhaps I'm not innovative enough, but I don't know -what- they could do to overhaul the game and still make it AC, you know?
Agree 100%

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Good points and there are some improvements here like skill tress and level ups that aren't visible but should change things up.

The combat looks very slightly improved but that's one area that needs a big focus.
The silly instant counter kill needs to go forever.
Putting in some branching storylines and ability to craft your decisions a little bit wouldn't hurt either.
AI improvements would help as well. Eg:
Guards that spot you directly but instantly forget you exist if you duck down, should be eliminated.
Improving those 3 things would only enhance the AC feel and not change it into a different game IMO

Good points and there are some improvements here like skill tress and level ups that aren't visible but should change things up.

The combat looks very slightly improved but that's one area that needs a big focus.
The silly instant counter kill needs to go forever.
Putting in some branching storylines and ability to craft your decisions a little bit wouldn't hurt either.
AI improvements would help as well. Eg:
Guards that spot you directly but instantly forget you exist if you duck down, should be eliminated.
Improving those 3 things would only enhance the AC feel and not change it into a different game IMO

From my understanding they reportedly have addressed the insta kill thing, and they said the AI is far more adaptive and have "lives". If that extends to their memory, I don't know if any of us can comment on that. But I agree that would be an improvement. If anything, just increase AI's curiosity factor. Make them investigate more thoroughly and have it shake up patrols to a random pattern as opposed to a fixed one (I've heard that varied patrols is a thing though, fingers crossed). I also would like to see Shadow of Mordor's alert system, in that yes, if they spot you, THAT individual saw you, but it's not going break your stealth run if you off them before they make any sound.

But these all are tweaks vs overhauls to the system. And that's where this disparity of the player base has gone. What is adjustment vs. new game, right? Adjustments are a necessity, I agree though.

Probably because they're lazy and cheap. With practically all the previous A.C. and possibly even this new one, they've been able to reuse old models, old textures, etc. But just sprucing them up a little. If they did Japan, they would probably have to start everything from the ground up. They're architecture and design is so diff3rent compared to most places.

I would be ecstatic if they gave us feudal Japan but I'd never see it happening.

Even though they took an extra year to give us this game, I can easily see them going back to a yearly release schedule.

Probably because they're lazy and cheap. With practically all the previous A.C. and possibly even this new one, they've been able to reuse old models, old textures, etc. But just sprucing them up a little. If they did Japan, they would probably have to start everything from the ground up. They're architecture and design is so diff3rent compared to most places.

I would be ecstatic if they gave us feudal Japan but I'd never see it happening.

Even though they took an extra year to give us this game, I can easily see them going back to a yearly release schedule.

Nah. Their architecture fits easily into what the game engine has done for years.
The animations and engine can even handle climbing turning windmill blades (AC3 & 4)

Here's a random googled drawing of Tokyo (Edo) in the Edo period - 1600 to approx 1900)
Edo-village-google.jpg
And their larger castle/tower/temple structures used stepped tiered which is tailor made for this game engine.

They've reused textures when it makes sense to but for all the valid criticism you could give these games, I wouldn't say lazy modelling and textures in city design is one of them.

I don't understand why people want feudal Japan.
End of Edo to early Meiji would be much more interesting and fitting.

I don't know **** about Japan. I tossed out a word that sounded familiar to me. I just want ninja and ronin and samurai and all that badass goodness.

I don't understand why people want feudal Japan.
End of Edo to early Meiji would be much more interesting and fitting.

The feudal era would be way more awesome than the Meiji.
End of Sengoku period / start of Edo period (approx 1560 to 1603) with the warring states and ruling Shoguns and the three great leaders of Japan (Nobunga/Hideyoshi/Tokugawa), Musashi, Samurai, Ninja, etc ....
It's the perfect AC setting.

In what way? Templars wouldn't achive anything during that period.

Right, because Templars were huge in ancient Egypt..

One would assume the established order (samurai) would be the templars and assassins would be ninja, but it's really just all pretense to have a different setting anyway, any kind of story coherence was thrown aside long ago in this franchise, it should have ended after 3, if that.

Right, because Templars were huge in ancient Egypt.
Hey, I was pretty clear that I hate "Origins" already. :lol

... it's really just all pretense to have a different setting anyway, any kind of story coherence was thrown aside long ago in this franchise, it should have ended after 3, if that.
Yep. :(

This does not feel like AC combat. It looks boring now.

Back