Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received him. Christ...
This will probably be the most challenging futzing I'll ever do. I had him out of the box for 5 minutes and put him back knowing I'll have to clear time later to mess around with him. Dont have the time at the moment. First thoughts, I dig the helm and ratty robes. The armor on his boot popped off so I'll have to reglue that, no biggie. Need more time with him to really know how I feel. One thing was a turn off, the cloth sticking out of the helm and the exposed neck. It feels like there may be a bunch of cloth stuffed up in the helm. Did you guys undo the cloth in the back a bit to hide the neck? The thing is I don't want to do that and have even more cloth hanging out the front of his mask. Ill think I'll remove the helm and see what's going on under there. Probably not till this weekend though.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Water treatment makes all the difference - I soaked him in warm water and let him air dry standing up - improved the drape of all the pieces 90%.

I haven't futzed mine with water at all and a, pretty damn happy with how the cloak hangs. Maybe one day I'll water treat it.

Take the crazy removeable sleeves off and keep them in the box.

I intended to do this even before I received him.

Water treatment makes all the difference - I soaked him in warm water and let him air dry standing up - improved the drape of all the pieces 90%.

Water treatment is a must with this one. No doubt.

Is it me or are the hands a real son of a ***** to get off? I'm in fear of breaking them. Do the pegs come out or just the hands?

Ok, no water treatment yet, nor any real futzing.

20140107_101908_zps944d25b8.jpg

20140107_102148_zps5b26a318.jpg

20140107_102343_zpsa4592dd5.jpg

After spending some time with him I really like him a lot. :)

This is on my to get list. I hope it does not sell out anytime soon or BBTS does not raise the price.

I' m not sure I like the robes all matted down. It looks good, just different. I kind of prefer the robes dry and fanned out.

I' m not sure I like the robes all matted down. It looks good, just different. I kind of prefer the robes dry and fanned out.

Depending on how you let the fabric lay, you can get different effects with the water treatment.

Back