Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only armor glued is the shoulders and its attached to the fabric. So all parts are easily removed.

Sweet! Thanks for the reply. Could be a nice project, although I will hold off on it for now. If Asmus goes about sending replacement bodies (with Gothmog or seperate) that would be easier.

Nice - so you ripped the robes too to expose the arms?

I got mine yesterday and the body is a tad floppy, but with the stand seems to work fine. Loving the figure overall - definitely fits in with the high end stuff we see from other companies.

I'm looking forward to more announcements of new characters.

Just hit ship on my loot at BBTS with this in it. I should have this in a week or so!

The pictures keep getting better and better! No idea where I going to put it and I have ZERO LOTR stuff to go with it, but still so excited!

Just hit ship on my loot at BBTS with this in it. I should have this in a week or so!

The pictures keep getting better and better! No idea where I going to put it and I have ZERO LOTR stuff to go with it, but still so excited!

That is my struggle as well! I may not glass case this one as dust wouldn't hurt the look. I do have Gothmog on order as well.

I am a fan of them releasing these characters! I really hope they release more orcs. If the Asmus collection moves forward I may find myself buying only villains / creatures. The ones with amazing design.

Quick pic of my witch king. I did some repaints on it and fixed the loose problem on knees and elbows armor pieces
2RKK1ZM.jpg

Got it today!

Looks like everyone elses so far....

Like his booties.... packed nicely, no bent spikes -- that's good so far... not too much mud splatter -- also good...

But man, I got a floppy one. Shoulders, ankles, especially the chest/torso just flop around. It can stand but I doubt for very long. He can hold his arms up, but I doubt with any weight, let alone a metal sword.

And then this...

WTF? Did they all comes with hanging cloth inside the helmet? Am I supposed to move that? Kind of spoils the "no ones there" aspect...

Robes are very knotted up and ratty. Hard to tell what this thing looks like without some serious futzing. Water treatment is a MUST on this guy -- can't imagine anyone posing this guy without doing that. The big poofy sleeves have to go too. The armor looks really well-done. Love the metal helmet. The sword and mace are wicked. But... to be honest, I'm disappointed. The nits for me on mine outweigh the positive upon first blush. That face and the floppy joints really bug me.

Got it today!

Looks like everyone elses so far....

Like his booties.... packed nicely, no bent spikes -- that's good so far... not too much mud splatter -- also good...

But man, I got a floppy one. Shoulders, ankles, especially the chest/torso just flop around. It can stand but I doubt for very long. He can hold his arms up, but I doubt with any weight, let alone a metal sword.

And then this...

WTF? Did they all comes with hanging cloth inside the helmet? Am I supposed to move that? Kind of spoils the "no ones there" aspect...

Robes are very knotted up and ratty. Hard to tell what this thing looks like without some serious futzing. Water treatment is a MUST on this guy -- can't imagine anyone posing this guy without doing that. The big poofy sleeves have to go too. The armor looks really well-done. Love the metal helmet. The sword and mace are wicked. But... to be honest, I'm disappointed. The nits for me on mine outweigh the positive upon first blush. That face and the floppy joints really bug me.

Mine was a mess too, that's why I removed the Helm. Although if I had to do it over I would have most likely tried something other than taking off the helm to fix the bunched up cloth. Needle-nose pliers and some water probably would have done the trick I think.

Last edited:
My figure's joints are nice and tight, and no cloth hanging inside the mask. I never removed the clothing, but I assume it's the usual electrical tape situation. Immediately upon opening I doused in water and configured the cloth. I did not remove the sleeves, but while wet I rolled them up and it looks great now, they fall naturally. I will take a pic later.

I really like this figure a lot.

Mine was a mess too, that's why I removed the Helm.

Thanks; at least I know there are others. :) I haven't taken a hard look at it but I would imagine some well-placed water could 'set' the fabric back up inside the helmet.

I will take your advice and NOT remove the helmet from the fabric.

My figure's joints are nice and tight, and no cloth hanging inside the mask.

Then I read this and get aggravated again. :)

Anyway, this looks like a figure that requires lots of FUTZING to get just right. Can you guys start shouting out what you did on your figure -- so we can have a LIST of "fixes". Like cutting the sleeves OR removing the "inner robe" (?) entirely...

Didn't mean to get you aggravated :lol

Basically I gave him a complete bath, which made me be able to have the robes drape the way I wanted them to. I am tempted to have at it again on the back portion because they are looking stiff again. The loose cloth you have just needs to be tucked upwards, there is a bunch of fabric tucked into the helmet dome yours must have come loose.

I rolled up the sleeves while wet to give them a bunched up, and more natural look. I don't want to go as far we to remove fabric or anything because I am a stickler for preserving the integrity of the item in case I need to sell or anything.

I am really happy with the result as of now, of course I could futz this figure for eternity, but I have got to throw in the towel sooner or later!

10293249443_d9b7d7a85f_h.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks; at least I know there are others. :) I haven't taken a hard look at it but I would imagine some well-placed water could 'set' the fabric back up inside the helmet.

I will take your advice and NOT remove the helmet from the fabric.

Then I read this and get aggravated again. :)

Anyway, this looks like a figure that requires lots of FUTZING to get just right. Can you guys start shouting out what you did on your figure -- so we can have a LIST of "fixes". Like cutting the sleeves OR removing the "inner robe" (?) entirely...

I'll just quote myself from earlier:

Water treatment is a must, especially with the thickness of some of the robes - but the end result is worth it. I chose to fold/push the sleeves up rather than doing any cutting and it looks great. The only mod that I did was to sew the two hanging cloak pieces to the bottom opening of the hood on each side (as they should be). I took the helm off to fix the hood and man what a pain in the a$$ to remove it, and it was even worse to get it back on.

I'm probably not gonna do a whole lot more except maybe put his belt a little lower the next time I mess with him.

I really want the belt on mine to ride lower, too. But I couldn't manage to nudge it much further down without stretching it more than I was comfortable with. (I'd prefer not to untie the whole thing just yet.) But I'm wondering if the belt will ride at a more realistic height on their replacement body. The Kaustic body has really long legs, a short torso and extra-wide hips. I'm hoping the replacement body is better proportioned.

I'm gonna water treat mine again, but I think I'm going to wait till I see the new body before I go too crazy with anything else ...

Last edited:
I really want the belt on mine to ride lower, too. But I was couldn't manage to nudge it much further down without stretching it more than I was comfortable with. (I'd prefer not to untie the whole thing just yet.) But I'm wondering if the belt will ride at a more realistic height on their replacement body. The Kaustic body has really long legs, a short torso and extra-wide hips. I'm hoping the replacement body is better proportioned.

I'm gonna water treat mine again, but I think I'm going to wait till I see the new body before I go too crazy with anything else ...

Yeah, I didn't want to mess with undoing the belt either.:lol

So excited for this. Mine shipped today!

Nice!

I gotta take my hat off to Asmus on this guy.:clap I have the ML PF Ex and I have to say that Asmus crammed as much detail into this smaller version as SS put into the PF. Plus this has more mixed media elements and can be posed.

...and can be posed.

If you got stiff joints.

Can yours hold the mace off the ground?

Also, I got a piece of a white tag on my WK's crotch. Really odd. Looks like a tag that someone cut off. Like a Barbie tag or something.

Whatever happened to The Josh? I thought he was going to post pictures a couple days ago? Curious what his experience is like.

Back