Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, i'm probably in the minority here; but I think ACI did a better job overall with their ring wraith, or at least where the robes are concerned.

I like the metal bits on this one, but I do think the robes a bit overdone and cluttered looking. The weathering looks a little crazy as well. Nothing some futzing can solve I suppose.

I tend to agree based on some of the imagery...but we'll have to wait and see. I think the muddy look is a BIT overdone...but still looks pretty basa&& in most pictures that folks have done some futzing on.

Speaking of futzing...who coined that term? Very appropriate for 1/6th collectors!

I tend to agree based on some of the imagery...but we'll have to wait and see. I think the muddy look is a BIT overdone...but still looks pretty basa&& in most pictures that folks have done some futzing on.

Speaking of futzing...who coined that term? Very appropriate for 1/6th collectors!

I for one think it will look awesome next to my weathered Aragorn. Can't wait for this to arrive!!!!

I'm not worried about over-weathering. If I think it's too much, a dab of black permanent marker here and there will work fine to correct it. The only thing that concerns me is the two long pieces of cloak that hang in the front. They appear to be coming from over his shoulders rather than his hood from inside the mask as they should. Hopefully the cloaks are easy to rearrange to my liking. Other than that, this guy is perfect.:yess:

Last edited:
003508f4zzqmdrrrggk5rg.jpg

003514c7xndcct2cc60u5n.jpg
Wow, love your pictures.:yess:

I might be wrong, but I believe the first time I heard it was from Dave Myatt (of Rebelscum and Cool Toy Review) when he gave a tutorial on water treating figures... but it may have been someone else saying it, or just the first time I heard it.

But I've always attributed that to him :lol

So where are the people who have been getting these? I assume BBTS should have their stock soon?

So where are the people who have been getting these? I assume BBTS should have their stock soon?

Most likely these are local Taiwan folks getting these already...most US suppliers have not yet received their shipments.

How long does water treatment / futzing hold for? Will it last for a while or do you need to do it whenever you want clothes/robes to look good?

thanks guys! very appreciate.

I "futzing" this bad boy with hair straightener
fabric will stay flat and looks normal

I just had a quick look at Animarket and unfortunately they've sold out. Any other options to get this figure within Australia besides Ebay?

I was 50/50 on this figure but those pictures from Silentman look awesome. Great work!

Back