Asmus Toys: Witch-king figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that picture on eBay. It's pretty strange that some of the joints appear to be wrapped in electrical tape. I hope it's some sort of padding and not because the joints are loose (although I don't know why the hip joints would need padding...)

That sucks, Pix. Hope you can pick it up down the road. If it has loose joints, then you can probably count on it being around on ebay for awhile.

I would really hate to have to disrobe this figure just to lock up the joints. Hope that rumor is not consistent. But every company has suffered from loose joints in the beginning.

I have had two of these KP bodies and they're not loose at all... quite good quality. However, I still don't see the logic of a body with restricted articulation when every single joint is hidden :huh Just about any tall HT style or knock off body would have done the trick :huh

From the pic it looks like all KP... but the neck has been cut off which I've not seen on one of their bodies. But it's got the narrow chest and motherly hips of the KP01. Just don't get the weird wrapping job.

I may end up doing a body swap if it's a mess.

I wonder if that body is some kind of hybrid.

Doesn't look like it. That sure looks like a stock KP01, with its giant hips and curved forearms, I'm pretty sure you can still see the sculpted veins on the lower legs. The obvious change being the neckless-ness.

I have a couple of KP bodies and they are pretty sturdy and not loose at all. This figure looks great. Can't wait till mine ships.

img_1766.jpg

:lol As much as I love seeing these pics I really can't wait to see photos where someone has futzed everything. The robes just look like a hot mess in these.

The guy in the link I gave you also said that the articulations on the arms are not very sturdy :dunno

Yeah but even some Hot Tos figures arrive with loose joints here and there. Shoot I think the vast majority of SS figures I have ever bought have loose joints. If it starts to seem like the norm instead of the oddity I will start to be worried.

I don't know why you guys don't like the mud splatter. I find it interesting, and helps make a bland looking cloak has some texture and character. He's a filthy, vile creature after all.

That said, I can imagine some figures might not get good, even splatter.

I would agree with that. The clothes look too gray. Needs to pure black and the armor needs a black wash as well. Also way too short of body. :lol
I believe to keep the price down sacrifices needed to be made. To develop a body would have added substanially to the price I believe.

Honest question here as I'm not sure. Was the Witch King one of the wraiths portrayed on the horses? If so he would be about man size.

Back