Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess: mine is being “presented to customs”.....maybe the qc issues are due to this being the first figure produced after being gone from the factories for so long?

heres my tracking...on its way to nyc?!
April 23, 2020, 9:50 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 23, 2020 at 9:50 pm.
The item is currently in transit to the destination.

that leaves "5"!

I got this too:

April 23, 2020
Departed USPS Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 23, 2020 at 9:50 pm.
The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Look who showed up today! Last I checked with USPS on Wednesday, a label had been created but it supposedly hadn't left Taiwan yet.

The seal on the top of the box was broken and it looked as though the figure had been been removed and the contents briefly inspected somewhere in transit, but nothing was broken so "no harm, no foul."

The handle on the longsword is very skinny (resembles a bone) so only the right gripping hand can get a decent grasp on it (and even there is a little loose). Opted for this quick pose rather than the oft seen one with the outstretched hand (which rest assured is included). All in all, another great figure from Asmus!
IMG_3788.jpg

Nice!

So how about the looming questions: green skin? ring? two right hands?

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. With USPS lately... we'll see. Its Saturday and things always seem to get screwy with Sat deliveries.

Definitely a grey-greenish skin tone on the face sculpt. There are a total of five left hands and three right hands. The one nitpick I may have is that I wish the crown had been more of a greyish metal look than black iron, which causes a lot of contrast on what's basically supposed to be an ethereal image. Wrist pegs are white so you'll always want his sleeves pulled down.

[Oh, and no ring at all]

IMG_3789.jpg
IMG_3790.jpg
IMG_3791.jpg

Thanks for that breakdown and great close-up!

Strangely, my figure arrived today. Just got to LA yesterday and scheduled for tomorrow. The mail is screwy...

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by this very simple figure. The details on the sleeve cuffs and embroidery is very nice. And there's two layers of ghostly fabrics to work with. The top layer is a bit spongy so it will need water treatment (and I hope it holds) but the under-fabric will be no problem. I'm thinking I may really attack the spongy fabric and leave little left since there is a lot underneath.

The head sculpt is really nice (as you can see by TripleCP's picture). The hands are too. And the real metal swords rock. I didn't mess with the hair but it looks like plenty to work with. The crown is unfinished looking... but should be simple enough to dry brush some mystical metallic paint.

This is going to be a really fun figure to futz. Unfortunately I have a project they will take me into June before I can get to this one. But I look forward to maximizing this figure's potential.

RE: RING - I found mine in a separate baggie under the one with the two pegs. There is actually TWO rings! :yess:

COMP 2.jpg

COMP 1.jpg

sleeve detail...

sleeve detail.jpg

Last edited:
RE: RING - I found mine in a separate baggie under the one with the two pegs. There is actually TWO rings! :yess:

Found mine (both of them)! Thanks for the heads up as I somehow missed that they were even a planned inclusion.

is the die cast material used for the crown actually black, or was it just painted that way?
if painted, wouldn't rubbing it with a rough scotch brite pad expose the desired silver high lites
everyone was hoping to see?

is the die cast material used for the crown actually black, or was it just painted that way?
if painted, wouldn't rubbing it with a rough scotch brite pad expose the desired silver high lites

To my eye it appears to be cast from black material.

Sideshow (where I've got my order) typically gets their allotment about a month after the direct shipments from Asmus. I wonder if that will remain roughly the same with all the disruptions. They still have him listed as shipping in April/May. April's not happening. Wonder if May is still feasible.

My order is with Sideshow too, but content to wait and look at the pics and reviews. Even with issues mentioned looks like another excellent and very cool release. Just wish I had a creepy diorama stand to go with - time to get creative.:cool:

U might be happier just dry-brushing some highlights, and at least u can pick the shade of silver you are looking for. There's even metallic waxes u can rub on which are a lot more un-doable over the long term, if u are just looking for highlights.

Yeah, I wouldn't start brillo-ing the crown. :lol

Its got some nice detail, just needs a little weathering to be sure to get it more ghostly like the rest of him. This is one figure where some wires in the draping material might have helped give it a lighter-than-air, blowing look. Might have to install a few of my own.

Yeah, I wouldn't start brillo-ing the crown. :lol

Its got some nice detail, just needs a little weathering to be sure to get it more ghostly like the rest of him. This is one figure where some wires in the draping material might have helped give it a lighter-than-air, blowing look. Might have to install a few of my own.

You nailed it.

- Definitely dry-brushing over "brillo-ing"! :lol

- This is definitely one figure that would have benefited with wires for draping the outfit.

By the way, checked the tracker and it appears to have hit USPS and is finally in route to me.

Back