Asmus Toys - Twilight Witchking 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint on the crown is easily scratchable~

just use sand paper or knife to scratch the crown, you will get the best effect of the metal bit out of it,
we thought about dry brush, but it is actually even better if we let the ageing be true scratchs,
the shinny bits of the metal is much more realistic and cooler than silver paint dry brushed on.

PS: I will ask the guys to do one and upload some photos

Can't wait to see more pics guys!

just use sand paper or knife to scratch the crown, you will get the best effect of the metal bit out of it,
we thought about dry brush, but it is actually even better if we let the ageing be true scratchs,
the shinny bits of the metal is much more realistic and cooler than silver paint dry brushed on.

Really - scratch it up? That's the first time I've ever heard that recommendation from a company. :lol

Please post some photos. Even I am a little worried about taking a knife to my crown.

I have some great iridescent acrylic that gives things a weird kind of shine. It dries mostly clear but really catches light. I was thinking of using that. Probably won't photograph well because the effect is in motion.

The figure just arrived and it looks pretty good. I'm unfortunately still working so couldn't set it up completely but I just took two quick and utterly worthless pics, right out of the box.

One thing that I don't think that I've seen mentioned is that the plastic used on the hands is definitely softer; more malleable. Unsure how it will hold up with the metal swords, though, but at least it should be easier to place the swords in his hands.

I hope to be able to provide a much more detailed review later. In the meantime, as promised, two crappy pics...

IMG_1176.jpg
IMG_1177.jpg

The figure just arrived and it looks pretty good. I'm unfortunately still working so couldn't set it up completely but I just took two quick and utterly worthless pics, right out of the box.

One thing that I don't think that I've seen mentioned is that the plastic used on the hands is definitely softer; more malleable. Unsure how it will hold up with the metal swords, though, but at least it should be easier to place the swords in his hands.

I hope to be able to provide a much more detailed review later. In the meantime, as promised, two crappy pics...

They are good pics pick up the costume and sculpt details - IMO fantastic. LOL I am not above using a bit of wrapped tape to get a fig to hold as sword, or other cheats. Thanks for posting as I have a wait on mine from SSC.

Vindication!:lol
scotch brite pads come in different grades, get a fine one and it won't harm the metal.

So exciting when a new figure starts to hit doorsteps!

Looking forward to all the photos. Gotta wait on Sideshow for my Twitchking to arrive, but by the time he does, maybe everybody will have figured out all the best futzing tips. Congrats all!

Received mine today, as well! Great looking figure. (I'll wait for Asmus to post pictures of how the crown looks "scratched" before attempting that.)

I got mine today, a couple QC issues I've emailed ASMUS about. Also the crown is totally metal...with no inner lining. For those who also have it....were you worried about it tearing up the paint on the head too?

Vonhahn, I don't foresee an issue with the crown on the head sculpt. Once it is put in place, it won't be taken off. The hair should also create a buffer to protect the paint.

Congrats everyone so far! And to Scumonkey for being right about scratching the crown. :lol

The figure looks super creepy on the shelf... and the gray pallor surprisingly pops against all the black and white enemies of LOTR.

Mine arrived! I love the detail on him and the special grabbing for the ring hand. The neat surprise was the numbering thing they included. For some reason I really liked the design of it and appreciated it and I am not one that normally cares about packaging since all my boxes are up on a shelf in the closet.

My two nitpicks on the figure would be the boots. I would have perfected the two part boots but with this figure it does not bother me like it would it was Faramir or Aragorn. The only other nitpick is the ends of the custom. I wish it looked a little more realistically worn but once he is futzed and set up that issue is pretty much hidden so again not a big issue for me.

The detail on the face and the paint job is really well done. He stands out on the shelf in a good way. This was a figure that was way back on my wants list and one I would have never asked Asmus to make but I am glad they made him and that I bought him. It makes me want to have all nine in twilight form.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I think their might be a problem with their numbering system. Mine was also numbered 101.

:lol

That is the joke. There is no numbering system. We all got #101 of 1500. Asmus did the same thing apparently on their Elrond figure. Have no idea why.

That said, there's no way there will ever be 1500 of these Twilight Witchkings made. Asmus will be lucky to sell 400-500, maybe fewer... so they will be very limited one day.

:lol

That is the joke. There is no numbering system. We all got #101 of 1500. Asmus did the same thing apparently on their Elrond figure. Have no idea why.

That said, there's no way there will ever be 1500 of these Twilight Witchkings made. Asmus will be lucky to sell 400-500, maybe fewer... so they will be very limited one day.

And then when Amazon releases its LOTR series there will be a lot of Middle Earth hype and people will be sad as they missed out. I am already sad I didn't buy Eowyn when I could, but very happy I have figures like Thranduil.:cool:

Although, I do have WETA's Eowyn which is very beautiful; I wish ASMUS would do a gowned Eowyn.

Back