Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys : Tauriel

BRAVO!!!! Great figure and likeness. I will buy this. Keep up the good work.

I did a little experiment and asked three people (because I was surprised by the criticism that this doesn't look like Evangeline Lilly), "who does this look like". All of the three saw the Hobbit but none of them are hard cores like myself. :lol One asked "Is that Evangeline Lilly from the Hobbit" while the other two of them said "It looks like the Elf girl from the Hobbit". I asked all three individually so they weren't influenced by what the other's said. This is the picture I showed them...

GXdqU8.jpg

The reason I was surprised because I personally thought this likeness was a little better than the Weta statue which I thought was good as well.

I just tried this experiment with my fiancé who saw all the Hobbit movies and loves Evangeline Lilly (Tauriel was her favorite part of the films) and she stared at the photo for a while and said "Gina Davis?"

Lol. After I said Evangeline Lilly she said "ok yeah, it looks like a bad Evangeline Lilly".

I rather Asmus focus on finishing the Fellowship first, but I'll end up getting this anyways.

Looks like a great figure. The mix of rooted and sculpted hair turned out quite nicely, although the colour could be a bit less pink and more aurburn.

Still this one is unfortunately going to be a pass for me. A limited budget means I can only focus on the characters I'm actually invested in, and Eowyn is the only Middle Earth heroine that stood out for me. Can't wait to see how Bard turns out and I really hope we see Kili in the near future.

Fellowship is happening,
the Hobbit/Dwarf body is now undergoing developement.

And we have license for Hobbit and LOTR for at least 3 more years.
Should give us plenty of time to get everything we want out !

Man, what's with BBTS? Cotswold is always overpriced and yet its $15 less?

Cotswold, overpriced?? They charge MSRP. Same with BBTS.

The issue here is that Asmus has no worldwide distribution. Asmus sets the MSRP at $165 and puts shipping costs on top of that. So, it costs more for anyone not in China or Taiwan to buy the figure.

Based on their respective costs, I'm assuming BBTS is having Asmus ship them, Cotswold is likely putting them in a container with other goods they buy from China.

I like her, I think her lip is a bit off, but that could just be the coloring. I do wish her ears were a bit.......softer? More feminine? Same with her hands. In some of the pictures they look dark.

Fellowship is happening,

Excellent! I'm glad I took the plunge on Gandalf, with the others on the way. I like that hopefully we'll get a mix of Hobbit/LOTR characters.

I think the sculpt looks terrific. And I'm not bothered by the mix of materials in the hair.

What is kind of bumping me thus far is her outer garment. It seems bulky and a bit formless. I'm sure it's a nightmare to tailor these tiny little things, but the real costume is much more form-fitting and detailed. As it stands, I would likely display her without that outer cloak in order to show off the cool leather bodice armor below.

That said, I have to remind myself that this is the prototype, so hopefully they'll tinker with it some more and get that outer cloak looking great before the figure gets released.

:goodpost: Couldn't agree more. I am liking what I see but I hope they are able to get the outfit to be more form fitting. As you said it is the prototype so hopefully the address this.

Fellowship is happening,

So excited by this! Keep making LOTR and Hobbit figures and I will keep buying them!!! :yess:

:goodpost: Couldn't agree more. I am liking what I see but I hope they are able to get the outfit to be more form fitting. As you said it is the prototype so hopefully the address this.

That's my only complaint as well - the bulky outfit.

Rooted hair looks bad enough. But a mixture with sculpted hair? Worst. Sorry.

Back