Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wanted to like this... But, sorry, all I see is a female elf. The clothes and accessories are nice, but the HS doesn't look that close to Evangeline Lily. The mouth and eyes are off. Don't care for the mix and match hair. Have one or the other, preferably rooted, but not both.

That looks stunning. Good work Asmus! The mix of sculpted and synthetic hair looks ace, and bodes well for Legolas too. This line is just getting better and better

Any places besides bbts have her up for pre-order? They are charging around $185 so I would like to find something closer to the $165-70 range if it's out there

Hmmm... I really want to like it. But I can't help to see alot of Cate Blanchett in the portrait. In this pic I just changed hair and dress color:

w6oxdxstKopie1_zps325e375d.jpg

I think the sculpt looks terrific. And I'm not bothered by the mix of materials in the hair.

What is kind of bumping me thus far is her outer garment. It seems bulky and a bit formless. I'm sure it's a nightmare to tailor these tiny little things, but the real costume is much more form-fitting and detailed. As it stands, I would likely display her without that outer cloak in order to show off the cool leather bodice armor below.

That said, I have to remind myself that this is the prototype, so hopefully they'll tinker with it some more and get that outer cloak looking great before the figure gets released.

Any places besides bbts have her up for pre-order? They are charging around $185 so I would like to find something closer to the $165-70 range if it's out there

Yeah, where is a good place to buy Asmus stuff? I have a few things on pre-order from BBTS. And I usually like them. But they definitely seem to be charging more than even the MSRP on these. Unless the price on the Asmus site isn't the MSRP.

I think the sculpt looks terrific. And I'm not bothered by the mix of materials in the hair.

What is kind of bumping me thus far is her outer garment. It seems bulky and a bit formless. I'm sure it's a nightmare to tailor these tiny little things, but the real costume is much more form-fitting and detailed. As it stands, I would likely display her without that outer cloak in order to show off the cool leather bodice armor below.

That said, I have to remind myself that this is the prototype, so hopefully they'll tinker with it some more and get that outer cloak looking great before the figure gets released.

I can agree with what you are saying. Waist area definitely needs to be cinched in some. Another gripe I have is how fast this is being released with just getting the license not too long ago. There have been other figures which Asmus has had the license for much longer that haven't got the exposure that Tauriel has.

I've got to say, while I can KIND of see Arwen in there, I think it looks more like Tauriel than anyone. If there is some similarity, it's that they all have elfin features. Which... well, makes sense. So some over lap is likely to happen. :)

elvesinarow.jpg

Yeah, maybe it's the lighting for these photos, but the color pallet for the face and hair seems a bit off to me. The hair should be darker ... maybe a bit more auburn? And the skin tones could definitely be warmed up a bit. She's looking a little sallow at the moment. (The hair color is also making her flesh tones look a little odd, I think.)

But it could also be the lighting.

On the whole, though ... really liking what I'm seeing so far!

The sculpt is good, though something in the paint is not there. I do not like mixed materials hair. It looks weird. For me it is either one or another.
Really hope they will make other female characters with rooted hair.

P.S.: I think there is too much makeup, and most girls in the Middle Earth have almost no makeup.

I did a little experiment and asked three people (because I was surprised by the criticism that this doesn't look like Evangeline Lilly), "who does this look like". All of the three saw the Hobbit but none of them are hard cores like myself. :lol One asked "Is that Evangeline Lilly from the Hobbit" while the other two of them said "It looks like the Elf girl from the Hobbit". I asked all three individually so they weren't influenced by what the other's said. This is the picture I showed them...

GXdqU8.jpg

The reason I was surprised because I personally thought this likeness was a little better than the Weta statue which I thought was good as well.

Back