Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from The Hobbit. I liked the movie enough that it may make me change my decision on not collecting figures from The Hobbit. I would like to see a picture from the back of Tauriels head to see how the molded rooted hair looks.

Judging from these pics you can see why the outer garment seems formless. the "leather" corset isn't form fitting at all.

10846184_10152439881971968_2142596787403386374_n.jpg

1012945_10152439881901968_3294424942056872621_n.jpg

I appreciate why they went with plastic for the corset - all that fine leather engraving isn't reproducible any other way. But it does need to be tighter.

Hmmm... yes, that doesn't work. The point of a corset is to be tight, after all.

Judging from these pics you can see why the outer garment seems formless. the "leather" corset isn't form fitting at all.

View attachment 153653

View attachment 153654

I appreciate why they went with plastic for the corset - all that fine leather engraving isn't reproducible any other way. But it does need to be tighter.

Yes, I agree. thats also my concern. This is Tauriel that i know

10771309233_954b6613d3_o.jpg

the body fit cuirass supports her firm pose perfectly. the proportion which i couldnt see in the prototype made by Asmus.

009.jpg

I already POed anyway, hopefully Asmus can improve the final product.

Yes, I agree. thats also my concern. This is Tauriel that i know

View attachment 153672

the body fit cuirass supports her firm pose perfectly. the proportion which i couldnt see in the prototype made by Asmus.

View attachment 153673

I already POed anyway, hopefully Asmus can improve the final product.

It is a great figure anyway and hopefully they can address the body armor and the hair color before production.

Good to see the feedbacks.
I feel they rushed the photos and prototypes for the movie....

hopefully we can do something after the holidays.

Is there a chance we might see some Dwarf figures in 2015? Maybe like Thorin and his nephews and maybe Azog?

Good to see the feedbacks.
I feel they rushed the photos and prototypes for the movie....

hopefully we can do something after the holidays.

I am glad to read this.. All of those need to be revised, but please, above all, improve the likeness.. Thank you for listening! :)

I am glad to read this.. All of those need to be revised, but please, above all, improve the likeness.. Thank you for listening! :)

See, this is why it's frustrating for manufacturers to come here. Above, we're all being very supportive of the likeness. I think since we obviously have a manufacturer that will listen, we should be specific. I think most of us are very happy with the likeness so if you aren't, what about it do you feel needs changing?

Most of you mentioned hair.

But we kinda struggle because Tauriel's hair color changed at different scnes.

evangeline_lilly_tauriel_the_hobbit_desolation_of_smaug_1920x1080_59423.jpg
tumblr_mwctczYEAN1s06z99o1_1280.jpg

Attachments

• The-Hobbit-The-Battle-of-the-Five-Armies-Trailer-Evangeline-Lilly-as-Tauriel.jpg
    The-Hobbit-The-Battle-of-the-Five-Armies-Trailer-Evangeline-Lilly-as-Tauriel.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 4,887
  • Tauriel-shooting-a-bow-Photo-by-James-Fisher-Warner-Brothers.jpg
    Tauriel-shooting-a-bow-Photo-by-James-Fisher-Warner-Brothers.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 584
I think so much of the color differences comes from the heavy amounts of grading they use from time to time on different scenes. I think the color is pretty close, myself. Perhaps just a touch more brown.

Likeness-wise, the only thing I'd say about the head sculpt is I think the eyes maybe seem a tad bit big. But honestly, the rest looks nailed to me.

Personally I am fine with the sculpt, maybe a tad too long. The hair looks too bright orange to me like it's done in one flat color as opposed to a few shades of red, orange and browns (the way light hits hair impacts how the color comes across). Also where she pins/braids the back of her hair changes, from two pinned sections to a single pinned section at the crown of her head. If you look at the first two photos in your example, the pin at the top of her head in photo #2 allows for more volume of loose hair. I think that one looks better, but it looks like you may have gone with the two pinned look, which is a little less feminine and more warrior-like. The biggest problem I have is with the plastic corset, but I think that is going to be addressed. All in all looking forward to this figure.

Last edited:
See, this is why it's frustrating for manufacturers to come here. Above, we're all being very supportive of the likeness. I think since we obviously have a manufacturer that will listen, we should be specific. I think most of us are very happy with the likeness so if you aren't, what about it do you feel needs changing?

Well, I would like to make a photoshop edit, but I don't have much of a free time now, anyway, this picture, I believe, does not scream "good likeness". I have always support Asmus, don't get me wrong, I even bought their newest steed, but I just love Tauriel so much I want to have a good figure of her. Anyway, here's the comparison pic:

1506393_10152988360087491_720787395912977179_n.jpg

Most of you mentioned hair.

But we kinda struggle because Tauriel's hair color changed at different scnes.

View attachment 154372

I don't see a lot of difference in the color in those shots - but I think this is the one that you should shoot for. The color needs to be a brighter, more copper or orange color. It's a bit too pink on the prototype.

Hmm, I guess the likeness could be tweaked a bit. Here's a quick Photoshop shrinking the eyes, giving the nose a more ski-slope shape, fixing the ear shape and slightly trimming the chin. I know this is just one angle, but since the comparison photo had been posted I figured I'd try a quick grab and tweak. Nothing too radical, just what might be doable.

2m7x1qd.jpg

Back