Asmus Toys Skully/Guritz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys Skully

I hope everyone is happy what we did with the price.

Thank you.

I ordered more than one to make custom characters. :D I'll need more 1/6 scale Orcs, hopefully some Moria Orcs.

Crew_of_Guritz.png

I hope everyone is happy what we did with the price.

I just hope that when a character calls for a better body with more accessories that there won't be backlash when it has to cost more.

I just hope that when a character calls for a better body with more accessories that there won't be backlash when it has to cost more.

Good point! Hopefully most will be able to look at the promo pictures and see and feel that they are getting more for the more expensively priced figures.

Hi,
thx to all the comments, we will definitely look into improve the collar !

We were so worried about the weathering will turn out to be excessive,
so we minimum the weathering on Gothmog,
but... I do think we will give Skully a try,

Orc suppose to be all filthy and dirty.

Might I suggest that you look into different types of paint/materials to achieve the weathering?
One of my pet peeves with the Morgul Lord is that the weathering made the material of his robes very stiff. Water treatment helps, but a different weathering technique might help.

Nice job on this one Asmus.

I also really appreciate that you are in touch with your customers / collectors.

Maybe it's time I bought the Witch King.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not too keen on the costume and armor for skully. The neckpiece is still to clown-ish. And the armor isn't bulky enough.

Still not too keen on the costume and armor for skully. The neckpiece is still to clown-ish. And the armor isn't bulky enough.

Yeah, if ever there was a figure in need of futzing, Skully could use some attention. I think once he's adjusted and the red Santa clothing is properly dyed down to a more muddy bronze/dark crimson, he'll look a lot better. It's nice to have him as an Orc option.

Yeah, Skully's undersuit is gonna need a bit of a dye-down. Maybe a little dry-brushing and weathering on the armor, too. That collar frill ... ? I think there's a bit of water treating is in its future.

But overall I think he's looking great! Really loving that sculpt!

I might lighten the color of his decorative skull, too. I don't think it was quite so black and charred in the movie.

Really looking forward to getting this guy in hand!

I don't know what it is about this line, maybe it's because all the characters they've released so far are kind of rough and dirty, but I have had zero qualms about jumping in and customizing. I've been enthusiastic, even. It's weird. On other figures the very idea would terrify me. Maybe it's the pricepoint? (Though they're not really that much cheaper.) Anybody else experiencing this? It's not a bad thing at all. Just odd.

Last edited:
Back