Asmus Toys Skully/Guritz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Toys Skully

Month is nearly over and not a word on this. Means Gandalf will be pushed as well.

With the standard month waiting time from unveiling overseas to in-hand at our state-side retailers, that means at best Guritz might be here by late July/Early August... and that pushes Gandalf deep into August, maybe September.

Doesn't look like Asmus is gonna pull 5 figures out for 2014 (NOTE: WK and Gothmog were 2013 releases that were also delayed).

He posted in the Gandalf thread:

Guritz are now going out. Gandalf is "near" ready as we are planned to go for the final check up in 2 or 3 July.

We now have 3 different factories working on the production for us,
so hopefully we can pick up the path in the second half of the year.

He said they'd have pictures ready after they receive their prod pieces.

Just arrived today!

Here is a quick shot!

IMG_8084.JPG

IMG_8087.JPG

Attachments

• 10463034_10152106111426968_8499003928118233111_n.jpg
    10463034_10152106111426968_8499003928118233111_n.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 220
man this turned out better than I had thought
he looks fantastic !
I cant wait for mine to arrive down under .. Thank you Asmus you guys rock

fantastic piece. I love the design and the sculpt. Will try to get it with a local retailer

Love to find a smaller/shorter body for this guy. I believe he was shorter than Gothmog, and I think the armor and torso 'wrap' would look better on a more compressed body. He looks a little lanky on a regular body.

But I happy to see how well he turned out and how much re-working Asmus actually did from the prototype. All we need is a good picture of Guritz to really know if he's accurate. All I can find as far as a full body picture is that same shot of him at the docks.

He's looking great! Can't wait to get him into the collection!

(Minor nit, though ... It's hard to tell from this picture but the hand sculpt looks like it might be weirdly blocky again. But like I said, a very minor nit.)

Overall, very pleased! :rock

Re: Asmus Toys Skully

Personally hoping we see a Helms Deep Aragorn at some point.

I agree. Since we already have a strider
Although, honestly I'd be happy with either. They could do a strider and arwen from the first movie. That would be awesome. I think having both figures together would be very cool.

Back