Asmus Toys Skully/Guritz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the orcs, I kind of automatically mentally factor in the $25 for a replacement body. I don't mind too awfully much since these are (relatively) inexpensive to start with. But I do hope Gandalf is on a better (and properly proportioned) body. I'd like these to start being good to go right out of the box. :lol

got mine, body is really bad, it makes me want to stop buying from asmus its that bad, the hands keep falling off(like gothmog) his joints cant support the wait of his accessories whatsoever, awesome sculpt and design but the base figure itself is terrible. once i was able to get it to stay he looks great with witchking and gothmog..happy i cancelled gandalf though, sick of these issues.

Well, at least I now know I'm not the only one with the problem with Gothmog's hand. :(

Mine is presently waiting to be picked up at my grandmoms...
... Reason being: I'm paranoid; don't really trust the mail person, so a lot of stuff goes to her place. ^^

got mine, body is really bad, it makes me want to stop buying from asmus its that bad, the hands keep falling off(like gothmog) his joints cant support the wait of his accessories whatsoever, awesome sculpt and design but the base figure itself is terrible. once i was able to get it to stay he looks great with witchking and gothmog..happy i cancelled gandalf though, sick of these issues.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Being the first has its drawbacks -- you are confronted with the issues first.

I plan to replace the body on this even if I get a spectacular one. Reason being: I want Guritz a good bit shorter than Gothmog.

Here are some unfutzed crappy cell phone pics! This guy will absolutely need to be weathered! He is top heavy so a stand is absolutely required or he will fall.... especially if he is holding the Sickle he comes with, that thing is metal. I think the paint looks really nice and I am happy with him considering his price point. So far with him holding his weapon with two hands, the joints are holding up, but if you want him to hold it with one hand.... forget it.

IMG_6396.jpgIMG_6397.jpgIMG_6398.jpgIMG_6399.jpg

Face looks nice! Kind of like a terrible chainsaw accident befell a Who from Whoville.

Like Elvis said, and now you've confirmed -- the body's got to go. It's way too lanky too -- slim thighs and arms. Too bad. But if I can swap bodies on $250 SS figure, then I sure can on a $120 figure.

Back