Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to hear from George or any other member of the Asums team how they project the next stages of the plan have evolved, who is up next? where does the Legolas figure stand? a projected timeline for hobbits/dwarves? is the Mouth of Sauron or Sauron himself near ready to preview?

I just re-read all the books and re-watched the Fellowship of the Ring and I am way too excited for this line so craving more info!

After another viewing of the first film I am even more excited for Saruman but also see that Elrond could use some love, he is definitely an important part of the whole saga and one of the three bearers of the Elven rings... in or out of armor he would make a great figure.

I would love to know what's coming up next as well Travis. Kind of feel partially responsible for chasing George off and I'm sorry for that. I don't think my posts were rude towards their product like some others but I imagine I got pretty annoying. So if you're out there George, sorry for being a putz.

Nice to see Sideshow distributing the line now.
Asmus have done some amazing and very diverse characters.
The sculpts on the last few reveals are awesome.
Please keep up the great work!

Also, the interactive bases are beautiful.well done.

Has there been any update on the Hobbits being added to this line yet? After not getting Merry and Pippen from Sideshow, I'm not in for this line until I see M&P...

I am really hoping that they show something in the way of a hobbit or a dwarf at whatever expo they are going to show Gandalf at. How's my days away is it now, 8 maybe?

A long while ago I remember them showing a very early prototype of the hobbit scale body that looked very promising in terms of proportions. I'm eager to see how that has progressed.

Merry Pippin, Frodo, Sam and Bilbo (young)

who else can we think of for the use of hobbit body?

I would buy every single one of them in a heart beat. You could also do an Orc disguise version, Rohan and Gondor version, old Bilbo and maybe Smeagol.

If the interest is there Asmus could do something similar to what Star Ace is doing with Harry Potter. Do the first big release of Frodo for example similar to what Sideshow did with the pre and post Lothlorien outfit (except include the suspenders) and then release a slimed down mount doom version keep the head sculpt the same to save cost and lower the price point on the second version and then if that sells do an Orc disguise one or make the Orc disguise and Mount Doom one a single deluxe figure.

:goodpost:

I'm not a huge fan of double- triple- or quadruple-dipping ... buuut, if the interest was there, you could probably legitimately do one version of each hobbit per movie. For me, though, two each would do nicely.

I think most would agree that it would be fantastic to see all four hobbits in their initial Fellowship outfits. For my money, I would also then like to see a second round with Merry in Rohan Armor, Pippin in Gondor Armor and Frodo and Sam in orc armor/Mt. Doom tatters. (Reusing heads and bodies but changing up the outfits and paint aps.)

And a Fellowship Sir Ian Holm Bilbo would be essential! :lecture

That's how I'd like to see it done.

1st all four hobbits in their Fellowship attire (FOTR and TTT). If they sell well enough then there would be the opportunity to do a second version of each of them from ROK.

For Bilbo, I would probably do young Bilbo first and then old Bilbo or do him as a two pack.

Agreed. First and foremost we need all four hobbits in Fellowship attire, any other variants need to come after that. Frodo and Sam in goblin attire and Merry and Pippin in armour both sound like great variants to me. I'll also take both young and old Bilbo

For me it's not an either/or situation. I want the hobbits AND Theoden and Eomer. And I don't care what order they come in. (Though I certainly don't want to see eight or ten hobbit figures in a row.)

Theoden is probably my number one want in the future of line right now. I also want to see Asmus finish making the entire fellowship even the ones Sideshow had done. Eomer and a Faramir redo are high on my list too along with uruks, Lurtz and a whole ton of other characters.

Back