Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What's next for Asmus ?

Bard and Tauriel are likely next for delivery.

Besides Gandalf the Grey, also likely to be previewed this summer is Saruman.

Mouth of Sauron and Gimli have been promised for a long time and I'm hoping they are still in the cue for this year.

would like to see lurtz, azog, moria orc or arwen in fighting armour plus horse

Well I'd like to see Merry&Pippin some time soon,Gimli and Saruman. :ogat

Yes what are really missing are the Hobbits, including young Bilbo. I think we had a much early quota of the bad guys as already release, except for Saruman upcoming still as an iconic and leader on the villain side.
I really hope to see an Arwen and Elrond soon.

They did show a prototype hobbit body several months back ... maybe we'll see some movement on those this year.

They promised Gimli and an Uruk body early on. Hopefully work has moved forward on those, too.

Honestly, I'm excited for whatever is coming next. I'm loving this line.

I've always assumed they started with human-sized characters because those bodies were readily available from existing companies. Making hobbit-scaled bodies (or the very specific Gollum body) takes a lot more R&D on their end.

I've always assumed they started with human-sized characters because those bodies were readily available from existing companies. Making hobbit-scaled bodies (or the very specific Gollum body) takes a lot more R&D on their end.

Good point. That being said, I think the hobbits and gollum would sell the best and get more people into the line.

Good point. That being said, I think the hobbits and gollum would sell the best and get more people into the line.

I disagreee. I think they're doing the best option. Going with the most popular characters, the bad guys , the heroes. Once the line becomes more established , they can risk with the 13 dwarves, the hobbits if they want to . I see a lot of people got interested by the Witch King and the Nazgul Steed, for example. Sure they're still learning and improving, there might have been a few minor set backs, but they're getting there ;)

Granted they are a different scale and a different company but NECA started with Gollum and Bilbo and the line ended there. Personally I think starting with a good mix of visually interesting villains and core heroes gives them the best chance at success but I would have thought that with as many character they have put we would have seen at least one hobbit or dwarf.

I'm just praying that they release at least one generic soldier for the good guys (be he Gondorian, Rohirrim or Elf) before the line ends.

Rohirrim all the way! I don't mind then jumping around, just wish it stayed in LOTR before going to the Hobbit movies.

Rohirrim all the way! I don't mind then jumping around, just wish it stayed in LOTR before going to the Hobbit movies.

Yea, sorry for The Hobbit fans but I wasn't happy when they took on that license. The "build and army" line was supposed to give us different soldiers but sadly I don't know if that is going to happen. I'm reasonably happy with this line. Just seems to me they are running a little behind. I'm not sure if we will see some of the characters that I was hoping we would get.

Yea, sorry for The Hobbit fans but I wasn't happy when they took on that license. The "build and army" line was supposed to give us different soldiers but sadly I don't know if that is going to happen. I'm reasonably happy with this line. Just seems to me they are running a little behind. I'm not sure if we will see some of the characters that I was hoping we would get.

It was a hugely ambitious plan to start with but they are doing pretty good so far.

Obviously a plan before even one figure comes out is going to change a bit once the realities of production set in. I think the Hobbit license was most likely pushed by the licensee so to speak since the films were fresh and new. I don't mind them doing both and will get some characters from the Hobbit series but I am worried that they may have a limited time on their contract (obviously not a figure limit as ACI's) so we will see.

The way Saruman looks is very exciting and while I am not happy with Aragorn, I am looking forward to reveals of Legolas, Gimli, Mouth of Sauron, Sauron himself, and wishful thinking for some Urkhai, some more goblin-looking orks, would die for a Treebeard, and then of course the Hobbits and Gollum are essential characters. Would love an Elrond, Galadriel, Arwen, Denethor, Faramir, Boromir, and Theodan too but not keeping my hopes up for them anytime soon.

The license must have a time limit on it, but as long as New Line/Warner Bros. are happy with what Asmus is doing, I can't imagine there being a problem extending. It's not like there's a long line of other 1/6 companies lining up to make LOTR/Hobbit figures. Honestly, I was shocked there were two companies interested at all. While I personally love Middle-Earth, sadly it just doesn't move merch the way Marvel, DC or Star Wars does. I'm pretty happy with what Asmus has done thus far, but they've had some growing pains. Hopefully they keep the improvements coming.

Sad news that Christopher Lee has passed away. What a legend, do him proud Asmus

Back