Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I planned on focusing on the LOTR baddies. Sauron and Mouth of Sauron would be instant buys.
Saruman is coming along nicely, and damn them , with this great Gandalf headsculpt ;)

I wonder what happened to the OP of this thread? I wonder if it is George and he just changed his username or if OP is no longer with Asmus? I remember how excited I was by this announcement. I wonder how much things have changed since the original concept? Timeline seems off and armorers on the battlefield doesn't seem like it has legs.

Helmets will be a problem for the Battlefield sets, they need to be flexible fit for rooted, bold or extremely short haired heads to retain correct form. Pangaea slightly oversized their Greek helmet to accommodate sculpted hair which could have been avoided. Anyway this is just my opinion. Next problem would be orc and uruk-hai armour as nowhere can we source loose bodies of this race, so may as well produce a complete figure and avoid a loose armour set. Rohan warriors typically have long blonde hair and beards poking out under their helmets, maybe a rooted Thor head would work without modding. So many hurdles, but many solved if Asmus supply suitable heads with the sets, only then missing a body, which Asmus could provide anyway meaning the concept has come full circle from a loose outfit pack to full boxed figure. I hope this makes sense, maybe it wont be as problematic as I imagine.

Anyway on an exciting note look at this previous post from asmus. Does this mean a ringwraith value set? wow, all 9, crazy but very cool.

'There will be very very good offer for a chance to get 9 Ringraith in near future...'

Who knows what they are planning on doing with this line anymore. I remember when the statement was originally made about being able to get multiple Nazgul. I would think with them now being release something would have been said about how we could do it by now.

Last edited:
"If you want him, come and claim him."
1959688_814405148589482_646053929_n.jpgArwen_1024x768.jpgArwen_1024x768.jpg

This Arwen would be perfect! And Asfaloth too

To be honest there are several characters I prefer to see made first before Arwen.

The complete Fellowship is essential for a start, as is Sauron and Gollum. Young Bilbo, Thorin and Balin are must haves from the Hobbit films. Kili is a character that needs to be done sooner rather than later or it won't happen at all. Elrond and Galadriel would be good to round off the White Council, plus the addition of Thranduil would complete the trio of Elvish rulers. An Easterling figure would also be epic!

The rest of the Rohan clan would be nice to have, but I'm just happy we're getting Eowyn.

To be honest there are several characters I prefer to see made first before Arwen.

The complete Fellowship is essential for a start, as is Sauron and Gollum. Young Bilbo, Thorin and Balin are must haves from the Hobbit films. Kili is a character that needs to be done sooner rather than later or it won't happen at all. Elrond and Galadriel would be good to round off the White Council, plus the addition of Thranduil would complete the trio of Elvish rulers. An Easterling figure would also be epic!

The rest of the Rohan clan would be nice to have, but I'm just happy we're getting Eowyn.

I have Eowyn on preorder but would much rather have a Eomer or Theoden.

Hopefully there will be an update on Legolas soon. Arwen is still the next figure I'm hoping to see. But yes there are a slew of others. Lurtz, Gimli, Boromir, Faramir, Eomer, Theoden, Elrond, Galadriel, all four Fellowship Hobbits.

With a film franchise that has so many fans and contains a whole host of interesting characters , each with unique weapons and armour; you'd expect a 1/6 company to have jumped on top of LOTR.

Shame, really.

It doesn't have the following here in the States like, Star Wars, Marvel or DC. My wife teaches high school and was going to have her kids read the hobbit for extra credit back when the first one was about to come out and only one student in all her classes had even seen Lord of the Rings, or admitted to seeing it.

Lord of the Rings is my favorite book and movie series but I honestly did not expect anyone to pick up the 1/6 license again. It was a fantastic surprise.

With a film franchise that has so many fans and contains a whole host of interesting characters , each with unique weapons and armour; you'd expect a 1/6 company to have jumped on top of LOTR.

Shame, really.

You'd think the best way would be to produce a couple of big hitters a year with complicated costumes or armour and pad the year out with simpler characters or versions of them, though I don't think in lotr there's really any simple costumes for 1st or second tier characters

The Mouth of Sauron should be around the corner, they have been working on him the last couple of years. Looks like Legolas is close judging from the FB post of his sculpt. I'm guessing Legolas, Gandalf the Grey, and Sauroman are the next ones.

What's next for Asmus ?

We've seen the long discussed and long in the making Aragorn finally (tho some issues are going up with the head sculpt)
Eowyn is also out of the box, shipping and positive reviews.

I wonder who's next.. we know there's a Gandalf the grey and Legolas still under workings. 3 year contracts may run out quick tho substantiated by very good quality and outstanding feedback take-in! -Concerned tho on the quantity we may have.

But most importantly, who's next on the list ? :)

Back