Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an invoice immediately for the initial deposit but have not paid in full yet nor seen anything about shipping. I'm in Canada which is probably why.

Because of COVID complications Asmus also doesn't have their free worldwide shipping going, so Canadians for example have to pay an additional $20 for EMS. I'm guessing that is part of the reason for the delay, and for those of you who have gotten it shipped, I'm guessing you're also all Americans right?

Also in Canada, no invoice yet following my deposit from months ago.

I only got my order in last week (waited to see how the hair turned out) so I don’t expect an invoice anytime soon but if they’re still working out issues with including the pipe, I don’t mind being in a later batch that should hopefully have all of that taken care of by then.

I only got my order in last week (waited to see how the hair turned out) so I don?t expect an invoice anytime soon but if they?re still working out issues with including the pipe, I don?t mind being in a later batch that should hopefully have all of that taken care of by then.

Same here.
I only ordered last week and am happy to wait.
Gone are the days where I need it now.
I guess as I get older I'm becoming more patient.lol.
Am just happy to be paying at retail rather than what will be.
The pipe was confirmed to me by Asmus,so no dramas there.
I may need to pick up a Bilbo now just for that GtG dio base...IT does look very special.

Alright! Got my email notice that it's shipped. Hope it actually makes it out of the country before Chinese New Year.

Yea me neither. I did finally get a response from Asmus saying they have record of my order so that's something. I ordered 6/30/19. I don't know how I missed the first round but I guess I did.

I ordered mine on their site the first day which was on 6/21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the US and I know it was several hours before I got my order in because I was sleeping, yet mine has shipped.

Hmmmm. I am in the US and got my order in right away. I was actually awake when it went live because I was overseas at the time but no invoice for me yet. :(

Again the problem as I see it is, if you post a negative opinion you are are attacked as being wrong or a troll.

I post my thoughts and then you say I'm 'gaslighting' people. This thread is filled with people saying how perfect this figure is .... as though that isn't also gaslighting. You're using that term far too loosely.

Don't bother with logic with these kinds of people, they'll never get it. You get this same mentality everywhere. Try talking about how bad force awakens was on here when that came out or how bad season 8 of game of thrones was after episode 3, or how amazing the jedi luke figure supposedly looked because "people had been waiting so long for it" so that means let's pretend it actually looked like hamill when it looked worse than his cgi face in mandolorian. You're just a troll if you don't go along with the current narrative.

Don't bother with logic with these kinds of people, they'll never get it. You get this same mentality everywhere. Try talking about how bad force awakens was on here when that came out or how bad season 8 of game of thrones was after episode 3, or how amazing the jedi luke figure supposedly looked because "people had been waiting so long for it" so that means let's pretend it actually looked like hamill when it looked worse than his cgi face in mandolorian. You're just a troll if you don't go along with the current narrative.
All of season 8 GoT sucked lol

Anyway, so I have Gandalf paid off in sideshow and I get an email he will delayed for between April - June?!
I wish I didn?t care about the NRD because I?d get a refund and but it direct.

hi guys,
just let you know the Chinese New Year + Covid-19 situation is slowing things down at moment,
our shipment is delayed, and we may only be able to send 1/3 of the orders due to custom restriction because of the Covid-19,
we expect to send them all out by 20th Feb (Online orders)

Really sorry about his, but days are complicate, and looks are it ain't slowing down yet.

Silly question but, anyone knows/guess if that include a order let's say made today?

Game of Thrones sucked before season 8. Worst ending to a show. Utter disappointment.

No what makes you a troll is popping in here and insulting people, not having a different opinion.
Nothing to do with logic, just your plain rudeness, that?s why people don?t like you.

Silly question but, anyone knows/guess if that include a order let's say made today?

Below is what Asmus posted so far. This was before they put up some more stock though. I ordered last week as well, and it's unclear to me if we are part of the early batch and the June date only refers to retailers. I'm hoping for the best, but given the mentioned delays, Covid, and Chinese New Year, I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the June batch as well.

All out online orders will be out (if it is permitted due to Covid-19)

Sidehshow and BBTS gets about 50+% of the orders,
the rest should be out around June~

hi guys,
just let you know the Chinese New Year + Covid-19 situation is slowing things down at moment,
our shipment is delayed, and we may only be able to send 1/3 of the orders due to custom restriction because of the Covid-19,
we expect to send them all out by 20th Feb (Online orders)

Really sorry about his, but days are complicate, and looks are it ain't slowing down yet.

Game of Thrones sucked before season 8. Worst ending to a show. Utter disappointment.

No what makes you a troll is popping in here and insulting people, not having a different opinion.
Nothing to do with logic, just your plain rudeness, that?s why people don?t like you.
[emoji2369][emoji848][emoji848][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] download-5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seriously tho...
Asmus is taking things to whole nother level with Mass Production.
Dare I say that's HT level of paint app work here?

Look at those age spots![emoji15]

Now we definitely need an Aragorn at this level! Totally will drop another $350 for a Strider/Fellowship Aragorn with this level of quality.

Bravo Asmus! Screenshot_20210209-225428_Instagram.jpg

Again the problem as I see it is, if you post a negative opinion you are are attacked as being wrong or a troll.

I post my thoughts and then you say I'm 'gaslighting' people. This thread is filled with people saying how perfect this figure is .... as though that isn't also gaslighting. You're using that term far too loosely.

if you refer back to what I wrote, I dont care how much you despise the figure or how much you express it, go wild. for me the a line is crossed when anyone resorts to ad hominem attacks. you can dislike a thing and criticize it all you want, but it's inappropriate to attack people personally instead of addressing their opinion.

dismissing people with positive opinions as fanboys or shills and implying that they are essentially liars if they like something isnt discourse and isnt productive. and it works both ways. I am not going to call you garbage because I dont like your opinion, I will just say I disagree and maybe provide rebuttals to points you might have made.

and regarding gaslighting; if someone shares a truly subjective opinion that you dont agree with and you say they are objectively wrong repeatedly and try to convince them that there is no possibility of any other valid viewpoint other than yours, and do that in conjunction with belittling them personally, that is manipulation. you are trying to force them into accepting that their own thoughts are invalid through shame and intimidation. that is gaslighting.

you really need to read the room and realize that if the thread is "filled with people saying how perfect this figure is", then that's probably how they actually feel and that it's okay. it's not some elaborate psy-op false flag scenario designed to screw with you personally.

and it's equally okay to think it's total dog****. feel free to post 11 times a minute how awful it is. it's just futile to be so aggressive to everyone personally. no one will listen if you start your argument by insinuating that people are idiots for liking it.

Seriously tho...

Now we definitely need an Aragorn at this level! Totally will drop another $350 for a Strider/Fellowship Aragorn with this level of quality.

Bravo Asmus! View attachment 505803

Man that looks so good.
I didn?t make the shipping deadline so will have to wait awhile. Can?t wait to get him.

That pic does look HT level.
I totally agree with a Strider figure of that quality.
For me Aragon?s ranger outfit is what I most associate with the character.

Seriously tho...

Bravo Asmus! View attachment 505803

Agreed although Aragorn?s stubbly beard might actually be harder to pull off. I?m looking forward to crown versions of GtW and Saruman.

Seriously tho...

Well, I will have to wait to enjoy, got a delay notice from SSC. *Shrug*.

All good since I have my favorites, and TBH would be more thrilled with a Thranduil on Throne:devil

Not that I won't appreciate this Gandalf, but I would rather have ASMUS take their time and do a great job on production.:balrog

PS,

Yep, IMO it went downhill Season 7 and maybe before. What a debacle.

Agreed although Aragorn?s stubbly beard might actually be harder to pull off. I?m looking forward to crown versions of GtW and Saruman.
Man I didn't even think about the stubble. But it is doable. Jacob has done it with a few custom heads. Rick and Daryl from the Walking Dead just to think of off the top of my head. Hope it can be achieved through Asmus. That would be amazing!

Back