Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I didn't even think about the stubble. But it is doable. Jacob has done it with a few custom heads. Rick and Daryl from the Walking Dead just to think of off the top of my head. Hope it can be achieved through Asmus. That would be amazing!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don’t think we are to the point that crown series = rooted hair and beards automatically but they are certainly the crowning achievement on Gandalf. I would expect remakes of core characters like GtW and Saruman would take advantage of this new achievement and have fully crafted beards rather than the sculpted ones the first versions did. Aragorn could easily just have the rooted hair this time if the beard is too short. I’ve seen DiD do some decent work with stubble though.

I paid my NRD on the 25th of May, 2020. Any idea if I can expect an invoice e-mail for it to ship shortly after?

I don?t think we are to the point that crown series = rooted hair and beards automatically but they are certainly the crowning achievement on Gandalf. I would expect remakes of core characters like GtW and Saruman would take advantage of this new achievement and have fully crafted beards rather than the sculpted ones the first versions did. Aragorn could easily just have the rooted hair this time if the beard is too short. I?ve seen DiD do some decent work with stubble though.
Interesting...What did DID do? I'd like to see.
I paid my NRD on the 25th of May, 2020. Any idea if I can expect an invoice e-mail for it to ship shortly after?
I think any further shipping wont happen till after Feb 17th.

if you refer back to what I wrote, I dont care how much you despise the figure or how much you express it, go wild. for me the a line is crossed when anyone resorts to ad hominem attacks. you can dislike a thing and criticize it all you want, but it's inappropriate to attack people personally instead of addressing their opinion.

dismissing people with positive opinions as fanboys or shills and implying that they are essentially liars if they like something isnt discourse and isnt productive. and it works both ways. I am not going to call you garbage because I dont like your opinion, I will just say I disagree and maybe provide rebuttals to points you might have made.

and regarding gaslighting; if someone shares a truly subjective opinion that you dont agree with and you say they are objectively wrong repeatedly and try to convince them that there is no possibility of any other valid viewpoint other than yours, and do that in conjunction with belittling them personally, that is manipulation. you are trying to force them into accepting that their own thoughts are invalid through shame and intimidation. that is gaslighting.

you really need to read the room and realize that if the thread is "filled with people saying how perfect this figure is", then that's probably how they actually feel and that it's okay. it's not some elaborate psy-op false flag scenario designed to screw with you personally.

and it's equally okay to think it's total dog****. feel free to post 11 times a minute how awful it is. it's just futile to be so aggressive to everyone personally. no one will listen if you start your argument by insinuating that people are idiots for liking it.

/Murderedbywords

if you refer back to what I wrote, I dont care how much you despise the figure or how much you express it, go wild. for me the a line is crossed when anyone resorts to ad hominem attacks. you can dislike a thing and criticize it all you want, but it's inappropriate to attack people personally instead of addressing their opinion.

dismissing people with positive opinions as fanboys or shills and implying that they are essentially liars if they like something isnt discourse and isnt productive. and it works both ways. I am not going to call you garbage because I dont like your opinion, I will just say I disagree and maybe provide rebuttals to points you might have made.

and regarding gaslighting; if someone shares a truly subjective opinion that you dont agree with and you say they are objectively wrong repeatedly and try to convince them that there is no possibility of any other valid viewpoint other than yours, and do that in conjunction with belittling them personally, that is manipulation. you are trying to force them into accepting that their own thoughts are invalid through shame and intimidation. that is gaslighting.

you really need to read the room and realize that if the thread is "filled with people saying how perfect this figure is", then that's probably how they actually feel and that it's okay. it's not some elaborate psy-op false flag scenario designed to screw with you personally.

and it's equally okay to think it's total dog****. feel free to post 11 times a minute how awful it is. it's just futile to be so aggressive to everyone personally. no one will listen if you start your argument by insinuating that people are idiots for liking it.

Well said. I am guilty of dumping on a figure from time to time too, but only when the thread is pretty much unanimous and it?s in good fun, like the old Molecule 8 Lennon debacle.
It?s all about reading the room. If everyone in the thread is celebrating the figure what?s the point in attacking it. Quietly hate it and move on.
If you saw a live show that you hated and everyone was clapping at the end you wouldn?t boo.
You would keep your hands in your lap, maybe even clap just to be polite, and then leave.
Unless of course you have zero social skills because you?ve lived in a basement for your entire life and have no friends or significant other.
That?s what I sense when someone comes into a thread filled with people celebrating and tries, unsuccessfully, to rain on the parade.
You don?t have to like it, but at the same time, we don?t have to hear about it.

I've always liked this quote. “If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into *******s all day, you're the *******.”

Lol. I have never heard that quote before. I like it. It also makes me think of a certain scene from Spaceballs.

Interesting...What did DID do? I'd like to see.
I think any further shipping wont happen till after Feb 17th.

It?s a fine stubble, more like a day or two growth is all. Aragorn?s was always just shy of a true beard until the end of RotK so I?m not sure if this route would be plausible or if he?d need it sculpted.

s-l400.jpg

He could easily end up looking like an old fuzzy faced GI Joe if not done right. Maybe a slight combo of this light stubble and sculpt work/paint would achieve the right look?

It?s a fine stubble, more like a day or two growth is all. Aragorn?s was always just shy of a true beard until the end of RotK so I?m not sure if this route would be plausible or if he?d need it sculpted.

s-l400.jpg

He could easily end up looking like an old fuzzy faced GI Joe if not done right. Maybe a slight combo of this light stubble and sculpt work/paint would achieve the right look?
That's pretty cool, so it like a sand papery feel to it? I look forward to seeing what Asmus does either way.

It’s softer than sandpaper but that’s probably a good way to describe it. I think the color primarily comes from the paint on the face and the added hairs is more for some fine texture. Aragorn’s beard is more than stubble but not that full King beard yet either. So I’m not sure if some good paint work and this lite texturing is what he’d need or if it could be achieved with more hair without looking too thick. It’s a unique beard length for sure.

*slow clap-

?? erupts into cheers*

That is extremely well put!

Have not gotten an invoice for Gandalf which sucks but I guess I'll be waiting for when they get back from CNY.

You must have me confused with someone else, I'm not attacking people or calling them idiots. I'm really not sure why you jumped on me for posting my opinion, saying I'm gaslighting people, I posted twice since the pics dropped.

if you refer back to what I wrote, I don't care how much you despise the figure or how much you express it, go wild. for me the a line is crossed when anyone resorts to ad hominem attacks. you can dislike a thing and criticize it all you want, but it's inappropriate to attack people personally instead of addressing their opinion.

dismissing people with positive opinions as fanboys or shills and implying that they are essentially liars if they like something isnt discourse and isnt productive. and it works both ways. I am not going to call you garbage because I don't like your opinion, I will just say I disagree and maybe provide rebuttals to points you might have made.

and regarding gaslighting; if someone shares a truly subjective opinion that you don't agree with and you say they are objectively wrong repeatedly and try to convince them that there is no possibility of any other valid viewpoint other than yours, and do that in conjunction with belittling them personally, that is manipulation. you are trying to force them into accepting that their own thoughts are invalid through shame and intimidation. that is gaslighting.

very well said! I can think of a handful of members who should read this :clap however, it probably wouldn't make a difference anyway.

Jeez ....get a room you two, the slow clapping, the eruption :1-1: pretty homoerotic .

When you are clearly attempting to throw homoerotic around as an insult you?re just telling on yourself. Thanks for working so hard to turn a fairly friendly toy forum thread into a 4chan chat room for incels. Maybe take it over there.

Don't bother with logic with these kinds of people, they'll never get it. You get this same mentality everywhere. Try talking about how bad force awakens was on here when that came out or how bad season 8 of game of thrones was after episode 3, or how amazing the jedi luke figure supposedly looked because "people had been waiting so long for it" so that means let's pretend it actually looked like hamill when it looked worse than his cgi face in mandolorian. You're just a troll if you don't go along with the current narrative.

Wait, there are people who think the Jedi Luke sculpt is bad? I have all three versions and think they're pretty definite. I've never really heard or thought anything negative about them.

Back