Asmus Toys : Legolas (wip thread)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the update, Asmus! I pre-ordered this figure immediately. Will be my first Asmus figure, too.

I think, as previously mentioned, the sculpted hair looks great except for the backside of the head, where the joint line is quite distracting.

I agree with the majority that "Balin's Tomb" as a base for Gimli would be great.

Yes,
We are closing the build an Orc series this year, we are thinking of releasing a set to complete the rest of the parts.

As for GtW, we are stilling working on the new head, it is a completely new HS, so it will take sometime.
great news for build an orc abd gandalf the white replacement... can you consider to sell the first gandalf the grey headculpt too?

Inviato dal mio SM-A500FU utilizzando Tapatalk

Will Sideshow be carrying either version of this figure?

I would prefer to use their Flex system to pick up the Lux version, but I will buy direct through Asmus if they're not going to carry it.

Last edited:
Legolas' hair will be made in super soft plastic, to ensure extra movement on the neck.

Other than that, we did study on figures with similar hair style, and we took Thor of Hot Toys as a good reference,
with almost the same hair length, Thor did a good job on avoiding stiff necks, and we believe our Legolas can achieve the same or better.

View attachment 334179

Well this pic sells it for me.

I would prefer to use their Flex system to pick up the Lux version, but I will buy direct through Asmus if they're not going to carry it.
I came here to ask the same thing, and for the same reason. :lol

Yes,
We are closing the build an Orc series this year, we are thinking of releasing a set to complete the rest of the parts.

As for GtW, we are stilling working on the new head, it is a completely new HS, so it will take sometime.

Thank you for an update Asmus. :clap
Any teaser of GtW head would be appreciated!

That last picture looks great! Once I get paid I will be ordering. Luckily I get Merry and Pippin tomorrow so that will hold me over for a bit ;)

Also, Balin's Tomb? Please do that! Gimli is a little guy, so gives him something cool to be added in with him. Keeps a similar theme with his elvish brother's base as well!

Legolas looks great in that pic! Odd they don't show their figures in the best light in preorder pics. Stoked I've ordered this now! I especially think that troll head looks amazing.

Thanks for chimming in Asmus.
Also good to hear GTW is still being worked on. Maybe I won't sell him just yet.

Also upvote on Balins tomb!

So eh... about the back of the headsculpt and the colour variation Asmus; I think that's an easy fix, no? I'll pre-order the deluxe nonetheless. (I hope my retailer offers that version though...)

A Balin's Tomb base for Gimli would be fantastic.

35938bfb6299abdf3aedb02866ee9ef7.jpg

Maybe even add Ori and his book?

Ori_Khazad-dûm.jpg

Actually, we have tested root hair on the prototypes as well.

May be it was out lack of skill, but root hair really does not work on Leggy.

The biggest challenge is actually top of the head, It is needed to be combed to perfection, any loose string during production and transportation will ruin it all. That is almost impossible to do. Also, the top of the head(hair) needs to be flat and as thin as possible so it is not "bulky", because too much hair it will be bulky, too less hair, it won't cover the head.

I don't know if you would agree, but if the hair has anything wrong, we will loose all of the realism, regardless the face nor the clothing.

Makes sense. It seemed like a logical choice at first glance but I can see the issues with control as you state.

THIS is GREAT NEWS!!!! I was so afraid that had been dropped. I really would like to finish my Trapjaw figure from the parts provided.

Legolas looks great here!

I believe the flag that came with skully was also part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we don't know it yet,
The price list is sent, and fingers crossed.

I believe the flag that came with skully was also part of it.

Yes!

I am sure we will have a notice on the build an orc very soon.

The idea is to release a set of an Orc which is armour-less, with the parts, you can prepare him for battle.
Display with Gothmog and Gurishnaka to create a trio formation.

Yes!

I am sure we will have a notice on the build an orc very soon.

The idea is to release a set of an Orc which is armour-less, with the parts, you can prepare him for battle.
Display with Gothmog and Gurishnaka to create a trio formation.

Sounds like fun!

Yeah, that's cool!

In fact, a full Orc (with another head) in the package -- plus our extra gear and head -- might tempt for multiple purchases to build two Orc variants if the set allows and the price is right.

Back