Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I might have to pick this up. I always found his regular outfit kinda boring compared to the other characters, but his armored look was far more badass.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Think I might have to pick this up. I always found his regular outfit kinda boring compared to the other characters, but his armored look was far more badass.

Can't wait to see the pics.
That's why I'm glad I missed out on fellowship legolas. My helms deep aragorn just shipped and I pre ordered gimli at BBTS. This legolas with the armor, galadrials bow and the rohirim sword will be great.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Now that Asmus is shipping the Elven Warrior, Galadriel, and another round of Gandalfs, it seems like the Elven Archer is the last figure they have to release. Would imagine that's coming in the next couple of days, and unless I'm mistaken, their slate should be clean.

Would imagine we'll see Helm's Deep Legolas formally announced in early April. Here's hoping Haldir and some Galadhrim archers/warriors are announced with. Even Gamling would be cool. Would be nice to see a little Helm's Deep run.

Yep, I've got all three Elven figures in route. This month has been a brutal one, financially...

To be honest, I hope we see an Uruk-Hai or Gollum/Smeagol next.

Yep, I've got all three Elven figures in route. This month has been a brutal one, financially...

To be honest, I hope we see an Uruk-Hai or Gollum/Smeagol next.

Did they send Galadriel separately than the warrior & archer? I had three invoices and paid all three but only got one shipping notice and it only referenced the archer and warrior.

Did they send Galadriel separately than the warrior & archer? I had three invoices and paid all three but only got one shipping notice and it only referenced the archer and warrior.

Two invoices: One for Galadriel and one for the two Prelude Elves. They were shipped the same way: Galadriel alone and the two Prelude Elves together.

I wasn't impressed enough with the first Legolas they made but I am at least curious to see what this one will look like. After getting Crown Gandalf I'm inclined be content with him and Saruman being my only Asmus LOTR figures in my collection. I might get the Prime One Legolas statue and call my LOTR collection good.

To be honest, I'm fine with my original Deluxe Legolas. Unless the head sculpt is a knock-out, I will be skipping it just as I did the HD Aragorn. Can't be double-dipping on the same characters unless the outfits are completely different or it is a major upgrade.

To be honest, I'm fine with my original Deluxe Legolas. Unless the head sculpt is a knock-out, I will be skipping it just as I did the HD Aragorn. Can't be double-dipping on the same characters unless the outfits are completely different or it is a major upgrade.

Photos of the deluxe Legolas do not do it justice. That figure is simply amazing on display.
I wouldn?t change a thing about it.

Photos of the deluxe Legolas do not do it justice. That figure is simply amazing on display.
I wouldn?t change a thing about it.

Really? That sculpt was not good. Likeness is off, hair sculpt is rough, and the hair looks too yellow.

I was really disappointed because I wanted to like it. Now I'm considering moving on to 1/4 scale and Prime One prices just to get a Legolas in my collection.

I've always thought it was one of their better sculpts, but I have noticed how the likeness seems to be a lot stronger in some reviews than others for some reason.

I'd probably be content with this same sculpt on the new figure, but it would be nice to see it improved even more.

I really have no issues with the original Legolas figure. The hair may be slightly too yellow but in my display case, with indirect lighting, it's not an issue. I think the sculpt looks very good. But as davejames mentioned, an improved version of the sculpt would be welcomed.

Back