Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removed his neck and one of the pegs, I put his neck connector inside his head and connected it to his torso directly. Made his proportions more stocky and dwarvish

Great work! I'd love to know in more detail what you did to the neck. Did you just connect the head to the torso ball joint? Not sure I follow about putting the neck connector 'inside' the head.

For anyone who's doing the "chainmail replacement" - I'd be interested in acquiring the original chainmail clothing piece, if you no longer want it. You can PM me.

Legolas is my favorite character and I had to pass on the figure due to too many things I didn't like about it, but I have to say this is a solid home run.

This looks absolutely amazing. I never picked up any of the other 3 hunting party members so it would be hard to pull the trigger on this as a standalone, but man it is tempting. Great looking piece!

This looks absolutely amazing. I never picked up any of the other 3 hunting party members so it would be hard to pull the trigger on this as a standalone, but man it is tempting. Great looking piece!

That's what I initially thought but I'm going to get this and get updated versions of the others down the road. The Legolas HS just isn't good enough for me.

Okay okay, so I need some help here. I don’t have any personal collector friends so I’m bringing it here. My main collection is Marvel Hot Toys. I have 4 Asmus LOTR pieces but they are all companion pieces to display together (Gandalf the Grey/Saruman)(Mouth of Sauron/Witchking). I have enough SSC rewards for a full purchase. I was going to snag Black Panther but I just can’t pull the trigger, I love the character but I just don’t want the figure that badly. I was thinking about getting Bilbo, which I still probably will as he’s a good standalone display but I am absolutely in love with this Gimli. So my question is, does Gimli hold up as a solo display? Or is he better for companion? First world problems right? Thanks guys.

Okay okay, so I need some help here. I don’t have any personal collector friends so I’m bringing it here. My main collection is Marvel Hot Toys. I have 4 Asmus LOTR pieces but they are all companion pieces to display together (Gandalf the Grey/Saruman)(Mouth of Sauron/Witchking). I have enough SSC rewards for a full purchase. I was going to snag Black Panther but I just can’t pull the trigger, I love the character but I just don’t want the figure that badly. I was thinking about getting Bilbo, which I still probably will as he’s a good standalone display but I am absolutely in love with this Gimli. So my question is, does Gimli hold up as a solo display? Or is he better for companion? First world problems right? Thanks guys.

I don't have Gimli yet but I plan to display him by himself until I get Aragorn and Legolas. He comes with 5 axes so it should be fun changing poses.

That's what I initially thought but I'm going to get this and get updated versions of the others down the road. The Legolas HS just isn't good enough for me.

That's exactly how I felt. It killed me to pass on it but I couldn't see paying that much for something I knee I'd be disappointed in. Same thing happened with Jedi Luke and I ended up sending that back for a refund, terrible sculpt, body, bad tailoring, etc.

Thank you, Asmus, for Jarl Gimli the Auroch!

In addition to my Gimli the Dwarf, I picked up another to kitbash my raiders . . . IMG_2882.JPGIMG_2878.JPGIMG_2883.JPGIMG_2884.JPG

Anyone know when Sideshow are shipping?
Can’t wait to get him.

Kinda weird 'coz when I ordered Gimli he was listed as sold out at Sideshow, so I ordered from BBTS. Now SSC has him on PO again. I guess SSC got another shipment in, or is expecting another shipment???

But *maddeningly* Gimli is at post office but can't get to him re a U.S. holiday. Should have him tomorrow really excited from all the pics!

Kinda weird 'coz when I ordered Gimli he was listed as sold out at Sideshow, so I ordered from BBTS. Now SSC has him on PO again. I guess SSC got another shipment in, or is expecting another shipment???

But *maddeningly* Gimli is at post office but can't get to him re a U.S. holiday. Should have him tomorrow really excited from all the pics!

Lucky you!
Really want Gimli! Asmus did a great job on him.
I’ll be meeting the man himself this weekend.

OK, I just got this guy from BBTS today. WOW. truly STUNNING figure! The only other LOTR figure I have is Saruman, which is good, but not near the attention to detail this guy is. Simply amazing. 10/10, right out of the box. Well done, Asmus!

Back