Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great! his shoulder armor is upside down :) glad i could help man. any more tips just ask . i did take him completely apart lol

Haha so it is. Damnit! Luckily that’s an easy fix, thanks again!

Edit: Fixed now! That will explain why I was having trouble getting it high enough up the arm. It was late. I was tired. And an idiot. :D

Found it. Wow, that was some time ago. I must have missed that picture because I hadn't taken Gimli apart yet to know about the neck joint. What part is that? I was thinking a shorter peg but that plug might be better.

im not sure lol i found it in my parts bag. any little tubing piece would work. i pushed it all the way to the base of the stem and the ball joint from gimlis neck goes right on top and meets it in the middle

the three amigos :)

thumbnail_20180811_173147.jpg

Love the 3 amigos! :clap

Which cloak does Aragorn have on?

I think I have an Elven cloak for each of the three... but I just discovered that my Slim Frodo only comes with his green Shire cloak. So I'm out of luck ever having him join the Eleven cloak club.

thanks man!

aragorn has the sideshow cloak. im going for the original look for all of them. love striders cloak, boromirs man fur ;). ill make the elven cloaks look for my 2 towers aragorn setup someday

Last edited:
Received this today after paying the customs fee.

Had a sneak peak and wow :) love the figure

how did you guys get the helmet to sit all the way down?

You need to place the helmet on at an angle so that the knotches in the helmet fit over the ears better. Then you can push the centre part down closer to the bridge of the nose. I had some trouble with it originally until I figured out the best angle to place the helmet on. You cant just push it down from straight on top.

You need to place the helmet on at an angle so that the knotches in the helmet fit over the ears better. Then you can push the centre part down closer to the bridge of the nose. I had some trouble with it originally until I figured out the best angle to place the helmet on. You cant just push it down from straight on top.

thanks, thats what i was looking for

Hi guys new to Amus figs. Is this figure Shipping from SS yet? How is the quality compared to SS HT? (obviously probably not HT, but looks to be better than SS) Looking to purchase my first LOTR fig.
It's between Frodo (dunno if i should wait) Gimli or Thorin.

thx!

I would get Frodo before it sells out and it's more expensive. Gimli and Thorin should be there for a few months until they go. Their quality is improving a lot, so the last figures are better than the first ones. Frodo, Gimli and Thorin are great choices and those are probably their best figures so far. There's supposedly a new Gandalf and a new Nazgûl coming, and Legolas and Boromir are still easy to find. Aragorn is becoming more and more difficult, and for previous releases like the Witch King or Nazgûl, you have to be lucky to find them at a decent price.

i did. i posted pics back. i showed the replacement part i used as a peg joiner. plus i cut the lower brown piece at the bottom and back of his head off so it would stop pushing up from the hood area. adding some padding to his shoulders helps too :)

I was going to this mod as well but as luck may have it all I did was push the head down into his shoulders and viola! There seems to be more space for that socket to move inside his head. I just pushed down until it couldnt move anymore. There was an audible click but everything seems to move fine. Also by doing this it sort of bulks the rubber torso a bit.

I would get Frodo before it sells out and it's more expensive. Gimli and Thorin should be there for a few months until they go. Their quality is improving a lot, so the last figures are better than the first ones. Frodo, Gimli and Thorin are great choices and those are probably their best figures so far. There's supposedly a new Gandalf and a new Nazgûl coming, and Legolas and Boromir are still easy to find. Aragorn is becoming more and more difficult, and for previous releases like the Witch King or Nazgûl, you have to be lucky to find them at a decent price.

I would add in the thranduil figure to the good figures discussion, mine is fantastic with zero issues that I can see.

20180828_093410_zpsfvmppys9.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

I did a heavy modification
Shortened his neck. Put padding inside his clothes and changed his chainmail

Nothing much to futz with Gimli, he's already great out of the box. I just cut the beard in shape a little. Great figure.
:)

IMG_7747.JPG

IMG_7748.JPG

PS: I didn't have the courage to change the chainmail and shortened the neck but these are good ideas.

I was going to this mod as well but as luck may have it all I did was push the head down into his shoulders and viola! There seems to be more space for that socket to move inside his head. I just pushed down until it couldnt move anymore. There was an audible click but everything seems to move fine. Also by doing this it sort of bulks the rubber torso a bit.

cool. he turned out nice man :)

Got off the fence and PO'd Gimli at BBTS as he's waitlisted at SSC now:horror. Gimli looks great - pics are amazing:clap - but I lean more toward the Hobbit...BUT ASMUS doesn't sound like they have any more dwarves lined up in the near future:(. I dunno if some day I'll mod Gimli or just leave with Thorin to be the nods to the Middle Earth dwarves and the House of Durin. Hopefully ASMUS will do a few more Hobbit dwarves and/or a Legolas I want one day.

Had to decide 'coz I thought I had plenty of time, but guess the good word on Gimli has gotten out.:dunno I really wish ASMUS would do more dwarves!

Back