Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMAZING DISPLAY! Man Gimli is definitely the gem of the group. Just perfect. Hey that Gandalf looks familiar. I think I sold you that on eBay! It was a fun project. Anyway, I love what you did with it! Looks EPIC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Oh really!!? That's crazy! Small world lol. Definitely prefer this head to the Asmus one! 🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just got my Gimli. I had no problem getting the axes where I wanted them. This figure to me Is a homerun! The best part is that he is exactly the same height as my custom that I made which means I’ll have no OCD problems posing him with the hobbits that I already have!

4df919969410e98e272ac8e7b0cbd2c9.jpg

Where the heck does Gimli put all 5 axes when he's just walking in the movie. I can't see where they all go. One on his back, two in the ax holster, and one in his belt ring... that's only 4.
He starts FOTR with four axes. Two throwing axes, which go on his left side, a longer hand axe with a full, single blade, which goes on his right side, and the long-handled walking axe, which doubles as a walking stick, so he keeps it in his hand. In Moria he acquired the double sided battle axe (Durin's Axe?), which he wears on his back. So all four that he wears are accounted for. The walking stays handy, but I assume that one could also strap to his back.

He starts FOTR with four axes. Two throwing axes, which go on his left side, a longer hand axe with a full, single blade, which goes on his right side, and the long-handled walking axe, which doubles as a walking stick, so he keeps it in his hand. In Moria he acquired the double sided battle axe (Durin's Axe?), which he wears on his back. So all four that he wears are accounted for. The walking stays handy, but I assume that one could also strap to his back.
That's where I strapped mine. On his back. While holding the Durins Axe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, Asmus Toys have completed the Fellowship with a labour of love in this Gimli!! A fantastic way to finish the core characters! Stay tuned for more pics and the video review :)

20180728_092541b.jpg

20180728_100126b.jpg

its funny how those ordered from TNS got the figure already but i ordered directly from Asmus and still waiting...

Received my Asmus Gimli yesterday morning from the post office.

The best from Asmus by far.
3ddc27e2a3a88562bcb5c91ab0801a94.jpg
0146975e6992e20154b55ae798aa3fca.jpg
bace79c48128cca94215e7d36c2bf111.jpg
82d6dc4eebbb231d690e86281588b43a.jpg
e6c8828839fc7939ad194012ae1cc636.jpg
20b70c25053cba4232374ece90ac6ad5.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that!

No worries, good luck brother [emoji106]

Bloody hell man, not sure how you did it. I dipped the plastic part into hot water to soften the plastic, and even then I only managed to get one of the axes in. The plastic looked like it started splitting away from the belt, so luckily I saw that before making it worst and splitting completely away from the belt!

Also, how is everyone getting the helmet on?! The helmet has two knotches on each side which make it really hard to push down on top over the head sculpt! How did peopl get theirs on? It feels like I'm putting too much pressure pushing down, and I dont want to damage the helmet or the rooted hair!

Back