Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That behind the scenes stuff is really cool to see! Thanks Asmus for sharing these. They show how much work is behind each of these figures.
Also, great to know Gimli's size will be perfect! :)

Just noticed Gimli is now available at Sideshow with a June-Aug del

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preordered this guy too. I just couldn’t resist, he looks way too awesome. I really hope the deliver. :pray:

I just can’t see how anyone expects it to look like the prototype. Case in point every single other rooted hair figure. On the face????

I’m still on the fence if I care about gimli enough to want him. If I do get him it’s innevitable I’d rip the stuff off his face and do it myself. But that WIP photo that showed it being stitched in the sculpt has me worried that the base might be buggared up by some weird rooting technique.

Asmus' prototype to final product track record is actually pretty damn good. Now the final product quality is not as good as Hot Toys but generally not much changes from prototype to prototype photos to final product.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, seriously. Hahaha. I haven't seen a production run mortally ruined from a prototype run since GtW or Tauriel. Aragorn, Boromir, Thranduil, Grishnakh, etc. The list goes on. All of the final prototype images have matched up marvelously to what the final product is. Whereas with hot toys you get an incredible looking prototype and an admittedly great final product but there is a world of difference between those prototype images and the final figure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'll try not to worry too much until I see in-hand pics. ^^'' I'll just hope Gimli looks close to the prototype coz I love that guy and he's the one figure I broke my 'Hot Toys only' rule with. And now I got Legolas on order too coz lets be honest here, you can't have Gimli without Legolas so I just pray they're acceptable. XD

Legolas is not Hot toy caliber. But I will gladly say it's acceptable. I Hate the hair so I redid mine with real hair but I didn't touch the rest. I was impressed enough with the result. Asmus has improved a lot but they are still a mile off from HT standard wise.

The aforementioned slim Aragorn and Boromir among others is living proof where I'd say especially with the rooted hair guys, the prototype to final production range is more than mortally ruined. Aragorn was downright frightening.

Nice new summary pic from Asmus.

FB_IMG_1525773973853.jpg

The boots look a bit clunky looking, but since poseability is needed, I suppose there's not much options.

They're meant to be that way though, no? With that "armor" strapped over the boot. The Frankenstein boots are supposed to be blocky.

I know in the past Asmus got hit for having sculpts that looked too craggy -- but that "style" certainly lends itself to Gimli very well. This could be Asmus' best figure yet.

Back