Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 15th was there on one of their facebook posts. tbh its not a problem that it hasnt shipped yet, the most important would be to get it relatively fast if you preordered from their very own webshop and not from other retailers.
Because that would be silly to get it later from them directly than if I would have ordered it from any european retailer in my case.

Asmus dont seem to be commenting on the issues being raised in the Frodo/Sam thread, so thought I'd raise it here.

Just received the expansion packs for Frodo and Sam. The cloaks and Sam are OK, but the paint app on Frodo seems to be incomplete to me! It's way too pale with no surface texture painted on the face, like that step was missed in the final production. Definitely looks like the new Slim Version of Frodo got a complete paint app on Frodo that has the skin texture painted on.

Really hope that the final production on Gimli does not suffer the same issue! Will definitely be contacting Asmus directly about Frodo though!

20180523_211902b.jpg

Khai, it pays to follow along. I brought this up about 2 weeks ago -- Frodo's eyes are dark and green with brown stars -- not the vivid blue they have always been. I contacted Asmus and they told me this is "the new paint scheme for Frodo". I've been waiting ever since for other people to gets theirs to verify... and sure enough everyone has gotten the same subpar paintjob. Just like you.

I hope you do reach out to Asmus. Perhaps if more people do, there can be some kind of fix. Again, this wasn't the Frodo I ordered and I'm not too happy with the head.

Looks like Sam got Frodo's eyes too.

I will definitely be contacting asmus. My vid review upload is almost complete and I compare it to the original. The lack of paint app on the new is very apparent.

I have to agree that as long as they get Gimli right, I don't mind waiting few months more or as long as it takes. I haven't been this excited about a 1/6 scale figure for a long time - aside of HT Yondu of course, which turned out to be a real beauty! Really hoping Gimli will prove to be as well, even if it couldn't quite reach the prototype pictures quality in the end.

Its not about waiting, its about stating a date and not delivering it. If they cant deliver it by the promised/stated/announced date then they shouldnt specify a month (even a specific day) in the first place.

Its not about waiting, its about stating a date and not delivering it. If they cant deliver it by the promised/stated/announced date then they shouldnt specify a month (even a specific day) in the first place.

Well, this is so usual in the hobby! Dates are always estimated. Also, officially they haven't confirmed the date. Their site says Est. Shipping Date: May 2018, so technically we're still on time.

Welcome to the hobby? I have figures on PO that are almost two years late lol.

Welcome to the hobby? I have figures on PO that are almost two years late lol.

Well I have one as well which is in 1 year delay now. :D

But still, maybe then its just me, that I get upset/sad on promises which are not fulfilled, even though I felt that May sounds way too nice and wont happen.
Well it still could since there are 2 more days left from May :)

Honestly, I don't mind if they take a few more months as long as they don't mess this up. I need this release to be great coz Gimli is great and I don't want a half-assed figure of him that looks like someone stuck a pile of doll hair onto a badly painted sculpt that doesn't remotely look like Gimli. ^^ I love that dwarf and Asmus better not drop the ball on him after they showed this gorgeous prototype.

I guess we can all agree here that Gimli was "the first dwarf". I mean he's the main dwarf in J.R.R. Tolkien's THE LORD OF THE RINGS! He's the dwarf that all the stereotypes are based on RPG boardgames, etc!? He is the real deal, the first one in a way, the OG dwarf of all fantasy worlds. He has to come out right, he has to be the best 1/6 figure in that sense, right!? :lecture

Then again I would like to make a statement that I don't claim to know all about fantastic fantasy dwarfs history and ****, but I just wanted to point out that Gimli is definitely one or THE ONE of the OG dwarves, so HE HAS TO COME OUT RIGHT - you feeling me, you feeling the vibe!? :lol

If Gimli is as good as the pictures suggest, I'd rather have traded Gimli's quality to Legolas and give Gimli Legolas' quality. Legolas is very nice, but it looks like they Gimli is going to be one of their best figures.

If Gimli is as good as the pictures suggest, I'd rather have traded Gimli's quality to Legolas and give Gimli Legolas' quality. Legolas is very nice, but it looks like they Gimli is going to be one of their best figures.
I wouldn’t trade Gimli's quality for anyone's, given that we're getting the quality Asmus advertised. But I totally would have wished for Legolas to have an even better quality. Rooted hair alone would have improved him so much.

Honestly, I just hope Gimli's quality is at least as good as Legolas'. Otherwise I'll be a very sad panda. :(

From Asmus FB post:
"We know a lot of you are waiting for Gimli and are expecting shipment this month. But to perfect the last member of the fellowship, we are sorry to say that we will have to delay the release a bit. The final product of part of the armor did not turn out the way we were hoping for so we are working on getting it right with a second production. Gimli is the ultimate challenge after years of experiences creating the intricate design form the Middle Earth, it's important for us to make it as realistic and detailed as we possibly can. Thank you for supporting us along the journey and we will share more updates soon!"
GimliDelayed.jpg

Back