Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t believe Asmus is shipping this in May!

I just ordered mine from my Timewalker. I just hope the production figure looks as good as the prototype!

ASMUS CONGRATULATION
AMAZING :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
wow :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

This is the best figure you have made so far.
I Preordered 4 of them , because I know this is going to sell out fast and increase in value.
The attention to detail in tailoring is As good as it gets, wow
This figure is Up there with Hottoys quality.
The detail on his helmet and outfit is just PERFECT.:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love

Thank you for improving and communicating with us.
I cannot wait to have him.

Scalper Ahoy! Fair enough if you're doing it mate, but don't go advertising it on a collector's forum!!! D**k move!

Scalper Ahoy! Fair enough if you're doing it mate, but don't go advertising it on a collector's forum!!! D**k move!

Reminds me of that dude that bragged about ordering 6 Illidan Stormrage statues back in the day to resell them. That didn't go well haha.

Anyway, I've never gotten into this Asmus line (thankfully for my wallet and my shelf space!) but this Gimli looks amazing in my opinion!

A fast turn-around is awesome, especially when it's a figure we all seem to universally love out of the gate!

It works out beautifully!

(Though if we were all unhappy with some aspect of it, we'd all be howling that they were going too fast and not giving the collectors a chance to have our voices heard.)

That said, I'm thrilled it's working out in our favor!

ASMUS CONGRATULATION
AMAZING :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
wow :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

This is the best figure you have made so far.
I Preordered 4 of them , because I know this is going to sell out fast and increase in value.
The attention to detail in tailoring is As good as it gets, wow
This figure is Up there with Hottoys quality.
The detail on his helmet and outfit is just PERFECT.:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love

Thank you for improving and communicating with us.
I cannot wait to have him.

Lets hope it dont look like **** or you got some shifting to do ;)

Asked Asmus in Fb messenger about the size of Gimli, they said it should be 20 cm. And if no problem arises during production then middle of May is the shipping time.

Anyone owns Legolas? Is the Figure really 28 cm? Anyone could confirm the height of Legolas?

Its stated on the Website of Asmus that Legolas is 28 cm, so we can assume the height of Gimli as we have Photos of Gimli standing together with Legolas.
After taking a quick look at the pictures of them and given that Legolas is stated to be 28 cm then Gimli looks to be about 23-24 cm, maybe closer to 23 cm.

To be honest it would quite surprising if Gimli would be the same size as the Hobbits are as they are 20.5 cm.

Legolas is more like 30cm. Gimli is listed 26 cm on Asmus site.

I am asking it because "Asked Asmus in Fb messenger about the size of Gimli, they said it should be 20 cm"

But if Legolas is 30 cm in fact and not 28 cm then Gimli is around 25 cm (measuring them on the picture where they are both shown next to each other.) and that is fine but being 20 cm would make him the same size as the hobbitsies are. :D

Yeah, I've been reading all the thread. I think he'll be taller than 20cm and shorter than 26. At least that's how he should be.
mZ27s.jpg

Yeah, I've been reading all the thread. I think he'll be taller than 20cm and shorter than 26. At least that's how he should be.
View attachment 405256

Even in the movies, there are different shots when they stand together and in different shots you can see clearly differences in heights of hobbits and Gimli compared to each other and to other shots as well. The stuntman for Gimli was 147 cm, Orlando Bloom is 178 cm. 147 cm should be in 1:6 scale 24.5 cm for Gimli precisely. :)

asked them if Gimli is then same size as the hobbits are:
"sorry that's a typo. should be 26 cm. the scaled will be based on the movies so the height difference will look the same as in the movie" so he will be alright. :D

Just pulled the trigger!

“Hello,
Thank you for ordering from BigBadToyStore.com! Order information can be viewed in the My Account section of our website. Here is your order summary:
Pre-order Details:
1 pre-order(s) will be added to your Pile of Loot when they arrive

Description Quantity Subtotal
The Lord of the Rings Gimli 1/6 Scale Figure (Standard Grade)“

Back