Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this is the first full figure I've ordered straight from Asmus. $199 with free shipping? And coupled with the fact I have no idea when SS or BBTS would get this I opted to go with Asmus this time. Looks like their Slim Frodo still hasn't made it to BBTS yet. Or their full order anyway. Not going to risk missing out on Gimli!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When you order thru Asmus website, do you get any kind of email confirmation about your order from them?

It's in my history on their site, just wondered as I usually get some email from other stores and retailers.

When you order thru Asmus website, do you get any kind of email confirmation about your order from them?

It's in my history on their site, just wondered as I usually get some email from other stores and retailers.

I ordered today (through my account, not as guest) and I didn't get anything from Asmus. However, because PayPal seems to be the primary payment option, I did get the PayPal confirmation e-mail.

Pretty sure this is how it's gone for other orders I've done through them.

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t.

Yeah, that's usual. They'll send you an e-mail when shipped with the tracking number. Have to say that I've purchased four times at Asmus store (Gimli will be my 5th) and never had any problem at all. Everything arrived quickly and well packed.

I've ordered many figures through Asmus and haven't had an issue yet.

I did pre-order Gimli and did not receive an email confirmation from them. I did get one from Paypal.

I ordered today (through my account, not as guest) and I didn't get anything from Asmus. However, because PayPal seems to be the primary payment option, I did get the PayPal confirmation e-mail.

Pretty sure this is how it's gone for other orders I've done through them.

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t.

Yeah, that's usual. They'll send you an e-mail when shipped with the tracking number. Have to say that I've purchased four times at Asmus store (Gimli will be my 5th) and never had any problem at all. Everything arrived quickly and well packed.

I did pre-order Gimli and did not receive an email confirmation from them. I did get one from Paypal.

Ok, good, same for me.

Asmus has good customer service, that I'll say.

Any reason to order this directly from Asmus and not Sideshow or BBTS? Has there been a trend that either SS or BBTS charge more or add S&H? Right now, Asmus doesn't offer an exclusive so I'm not sure if there's an added incentive.

On another note, the sculpt looks great, and Asmus did a great job!

Asmus direct seems to be usually cheaper ($5-$10) and offers free worldwide shipping.

Plus, as people are finding out with Frodo, its can be months before SS or especially BBTS receive their full allotment.

Long time coming, I preordered through Asmus. As others have mentioned, Asmus has great customer service whenever i had issues with a figure or part.

POed. What a fantastic looking figure. I still need to pick up Legolas, which I will then send out for rehairing.

Any reason to order this directly from Asmus and not Sideshow or BBTS? Has there been a trend that either SS or BBTS charge more or add S&H? Right now, Asmus doesn't offer an exclusive so I'm not sure if there's an added incentive.

You mean you haven’t noticed the serious price gouging SS ALWAYS does on shipping for everything? The only reason to ever order from SS is if you need to take advantage of their payment plan, or for an exclusive that only they have. Sideshow won’t offer an exclusive either, so why not order direct from the source, particularly since it’s free world-wide shipping?

Asmus direct seems to be usually cheaper ($5-$10) and offers free worldwide shipping.

Plus, as people are finding out with Frodo, its can be months before SS or especially BBTS receive their full allotment.
Yup. Had I kept my Frodo order through BBTS. I'd still be waiting. Screenshot_20180412-112258_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back