Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered through the always reliable Planet Action Figures here in the UK. Probably the cheapest we'll get it at £178 shipped too. Happy with that price!

Asmus, can you tell us what kind of neck this is compatible with? Is it a solid neck and head or is it the neckless head? Truth be told, I'd love to kitbash Gimli as a Viking warrior... Totally already have him preordered, btw. Beautiful figure.

Ok, good, same for me.

Asmus has good customer service, that I'll say.

Yes they seem to want to interact with the customers which in this hobby is quite rare, I mean when is the last time anybody had an email exchange with Hot Toys, I have tried lots of times and never even got a response.

Asmus, can you tell us what kind of neck this is compatible with? Is it a solid neck and head or is it the neckless head? Truth be told, I'd love to kitbash Gimli as a Viking warrior... Totally already have him preordered, btw. Beautiful figure.

It is a neckless head

So did anyone receive an order confirmation from Asmus?

Yes, I did along with the PayPal confirmation as a separate email.

It comes from Asmus Online Store (sent from [email protected])

It has an order number and says: "Thank you for your interest in Asmus Online Store products. Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed." followed by confirmation of my address, date ordered, and invoice of what I ordered and my down payment.

ASMUS CONGRATULATION
AMAZING :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
wow :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

This is the best figure you have made so far.
I Preordered 4 of them , because I know this is going to sell out fast and increase in value.
The attention to detail in tailoring is As good as it gets, wow
This figure is Up there with Hottoys quality.
The detail on his helmet and outfit is just PERFECT.:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love

Thank you for improving and communicating with us.
I cannot wait to have him.

ASMUS CONGRATULATION

I Preordered 4 of them , because I know this is going to sell out fast and increase in value.
The detail on his helmet and outfit is just PERFECT.:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love:love

So I guess you've changed your stance regarding "Barbie hair"? :dunno

All these pictures you guys are posting with Rooted beard looks like Crap.
You can hardly represent a 1/6th beard hair thread with synthetic hair that is Meant for 1:1scale,
The thickness is Wrong.
Those rooted hair figures that are Good are Custome made,after spending 100 hours of time with a Master hair stylist,
Everything else I have seen here looks like a Barbie, special Boromir and Gandalf, I have the Gandalf, and I hate his Rooted hair, but no choice here.
How can you have 4 hobbits with sculpted hair and then Mix and match Rooted, Unacceptable from my point of view. This is again my personal opinion.

Haha, definitely that's one of the most clear U-turn I've ever seen in forums. Glad you're happy with the final results!

ASMUS CONGRATULATION

Ugh. You ordered 4 just so you can make a buck?

Yes, I did along with the PayPal confirmation as a separate email.

It comes from Asmus Online Store (sent from [email protected])

It has an order number and says: "Thank you for your interest in Asmus Online Store products. Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed." followed by confirmation of my address, date ordered, and invoice of what I ordered and my down payment.

Interesting. I never got that. Nor did a few people who chimed in previously. I wonder how Asmus determines when and who they send confirmations to?

I'm sorry guys, I was Wrong before.
This looks way better than expected.
There is something about this Figure that looks right even with Rooted hair and beard.
I don't see No Barbie .
I have the Gandalf, and I still hate his rooted hair, you can see all the Grey colored plastic underneath the hair.

Hmm I'm thinking this maybe the start of Asmus doing a lot more rooted hair if it works out well. They say it took them a lot of work to find the right way of doing it. Maybe they have discovered a quick way to do it but have quality rooted hair, I hope so.

Back