Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus Please Please
Give us an Option to buy Sculpted beard and hair for Gimli.
Some of us collectors Hate rooted and Barbie looking figures, Please.
Gimli would look Awsome in Sculpted Beard.
I think that's a great idea. I don't buy figures with rooted hair (it's just not my thing), but I'd hate to skip Gimli because of that since I'm just recently getting into this line again after seeing how great Frodo turned out.

I'd love the option to buy both. Honestly, I wish that was always an option with this line. Granted, not every figure calls for rooted hair, but for those that do, I'd love to see them offer a deluxe version with two head sculpts - one rooted, one sculpted. I'd be happy to pay more for that. It doesn't have to be either/or. It could be BOTH. That way everybody wins!

Last edited:
If they were going with sculpted beard and hair, this figure would have been released and in our Shelf already.
Asmus, why are you making it dif1for yourself to make a figure with rooted beard, it's just ugly, especially the border where the rooted hair is coming, that cut is just ugly.

20180324_070314.jpg
FB_IMG_1521889333118.jpg

Interesting. Looks like we're not far away now...
I hope not. I feel like this part has been ready to go for a minute now, it's just the head sculpt which has been giving them a tough time and that hasn't been teased since the original oversized prototype from a while ago.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I hope they beef up his arms a little. It's tricky to tell, but from that picture they look a little scrawny. If they don't, I'll definitely be padding him out a bit.

Can't wait for the unveiling!

Back