Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is he on display at NY Toy Fair? The Nazgul/Steed 2.0 set is apparently on display there. (A picture was posted in that thread.)

Any other LOTR/Hobbit figure news out of that show?

Is he on display at NY Toy Fair? The Nazgul/Steed 2.0 set is apparently on display there. (A picture was posted in that thread.)

There are a few photos on the Asmus page of their display and there's nothing unreleased so far, just the Nazgul re-release.

Hi there.

Can anybody provide any more information regarding that 2.0 Nazgul and steed? I am particularly interested in the Steed. The 1.0 version was known to have issues with sculpting and articulation (legs were skinny, wrongly placed, difficult to work with). I am wondering if there is any information as to those problems have been acknowledged and fixed in 2.0. Maybe Mr. Asmus has already provided any data on this?

Thanks buddies.
m.

Haven't swapped out the old Hobbit sculpts for their new ones yet. But damn I'm dying for Gimli to be announced! So close to completing the Fellowship now with this series from Asmus Toys!

20180219_201810_004b.jpg

That's a great display.... so lets get going with Gimli already, huh Amsus?

:D

Those reissues will sell a lot better once there's a complete Fellowship to be had.

Yea, without doubt Gimli is the HARDEST character we ever have to do...

It is more than just the armor and body now, it is the root beard. It is all that is left to overcome.

It is more than just the armor and body now, it is the root beard. It is all that is left to overcome.
Heck, I'll take a gimli even with a sculpted beard. I just want to add him to the collection!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Out of all the characters in the film series, I personally have always considered these to be the main & supporting characters.

Done
Aragorn, Legolas, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Boromir, Gandalf (Grey & White), Saruman, Eowyn, Ringwraith, Morgul Lord, Gothmog

Pending Gimli

That's 16 of the principle & supporting characters done, plus a couple of orcs.

Remaining
Sauron, Old Bilbo, Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel, Lurtz, Haldir, Celeborn? (maybe)
Theoden, Eomer, Wormtongue, Faramir, Golum/Smeagol
Denathor

Certainly passed the half way point. Of course I have no idea what Asmus long term plans are, but they have well surpassed my expectations after the poor show by Sideshow. Thanks Asmus for all the hard work

One tough little dwarf, as in keeping with his character.

Going to be a very big day when he is ready to be unveiled. Can't wait!

Can you believe its been 5 years already?

There will be many more to come !

2018 - 2019 might be the year of Helms Deep

Does this mean we start to see army builders like urakkai....or is it Theadon, eaomer, gimili, and that's it lo l...which works to don't get me wrong lol

Back