Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only meant the last 4 years waiting it from Asmus :D altogether since the first movie hit the theatres, so thats 16 years for me.

Oh, right. If I wanted to split hairs, I've probably only been waiting since Sideshow got the license. I was happy with ToyBiz up until then.

I'm thinking this will be a surprise gift for my son this year. Just wondering, anyone have a guess at a realistic release date and/or price range?

He loves the dwarves and would probably rather have a Thorin (his favorite) but he likes Gimli too. He's meeting Billy Boyd and Sean Astin next year for his birthday but he wasn't a fan of those Asmus figures. Gimli is looking better though.

I'm thinking this will be a surprise gift for my son this year. Just wondering, anyone have a guess at a realistic release date and/or price range?

He loves the dwarves and would probably rather have a Thorin (his favorite) but he likes Gimli too. He's meeting Billy Boyd and Sean Astin next year for his birthday but he wasn't a fan of those Asmus figures. Gimli is looking better though.
The release date depends on when they will put it up for preorder, they said its right around the corner, which in my understanding means in a few weeks time, so lets say January then the actual release date is 3-5 months from that point. In that case April-June.
The price will be most likely between 200-300 Usd depending on if you want the standard figure or the luxury edition which will include some sort of base like in legolas case the troll head. My bet is on 220-250 for the standard with all his 5 axes and 300 for the luxury edition.

Asmus have just updated their Instagram with a pic of Gimli..it's just a back shot of him wearing his Elven cloak and his axe.
Not sure how to post pics...

e28c8e680c9e55a4e4143adf1820951e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back